BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Newspaper Refers to Obama as 'The N-Word'

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newspaper Refers to Obama as 'The N-Word'
    Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 10:50am
http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/07/newspaper-refers-obama-ngger/

Newspaper Refers To Obama as “N*gger”

by Clutch — Jul 7, 2014

Residents in New York City’s  West Villager received a shock when they saw a recent headline in their local paper. It read, “The N—-r in the White House” — except without the dashes.

The WestView News ran the headline in reference to President Obama in an opinion piece that criticizes what it calls the anti-black “racism” of far-right voters. Apparently the title, by white author James Lincoln Collier, was supposed to be tongue in cheek and the piece is actually pro-Obama.

“It’s disrespectful in any context to refer to the president of the United States as the N-word,” said one West Villager, Eugene May. “If you were quoting something or referring to the historic context of the word being used, I can understand the justification”.

Any ironic intent in calling Obama by the word was no consolation, he said.

“It seems he’s just using it for shock value,” May added.

Fellow West Villager Joe Megie, a self-described “black Republican,” also blasted the headline.

“My first take is, it’s sad,” said Megie, 38, the CFO of Gay Men’s Health Crisis.

According to Collier, because he’s using the word ironically, it makes it OK. But no, that’s not how it works.

Coincidentally, right underneath Collier’s article was a response article by Alvin Hall  titled “The Headline Offends Me.” Hall describes his issues with the “n” word in the article:

“Because the racism embedded in the headline doesn’t seem to be thought of as a moral flaw as it became during the Civil Rights movement. It seems to have reverted to being an unfortunate personality trait, one among many traits that even good, righteous, patriotic people who care lovingly for their families and take care of their houses can have.

The decision to use the headline feels misguided to me. I don’t see how its use benefits anyone, but I do feel all too clearly how it deeply offends me.”

White people and their version of irony is so funny. Not.

Sponsored Links

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 10:54am
In the movie neighbors there's a white guy who imitates Obama
And at the end of his dialogue in his Obama voice he says peace nicca
Black people ain't fighting no more
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 11:51am
Wow, newspapers are getting bold now.
I remember the time when George W Bush was president... losers would say "If you don't like the president, leave the country" - why aren't they packing now then?
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 11:59am
I don't understand wanting to use the word in any way, ironic or not.

Like, I never feel any compulsion to use the words k*ke or d*ke or fag*ot. Not to be funny, not to make a point, not for any reason.

What is wrong with people that find any and every excuse to say something there's no reason to say?
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:42pm

Burn it down !!!Ermm

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 2:41pm
poor Sasha and Malia....hope with all of these racist rants of and about their parents...I do hope they r shield from these fools remarks of their family

Edited by DiorShowGirl - Jul 07 2014 at 2:42pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style