Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newborn Baby Holding Bottle By Herself?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newborn Baby Holding Bottle By Herself?
    Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 5:11pm
there's a video in the link at the bottom...

This newborn has a lot of bottle: British baby shocks medical profession by learning to feed herself at just three days old 

• Amara Chiedozie grabbed the milk bottle from her mum during a feed 
  • Now holds bottle every time, which has amazed the doctors and nurses

By CAROLINE MCGUIRE FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 16:33, 21 August 2014 UPDATED: 19:19, 21 August 2014

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
1,155shares

View comments

Mothers of newborn babies welcome any offers of help to share the load. 

So Onyi Chiedozie lucked out with the arrival of her baby daughter Amara, who learned to feed herself when she was only 72 hours old. 

The child took matters into her own hands when she 'grabbed' her bottle during a feed and held it to her mouth unaided.

Scroll down for video  

Amara Chiedozie strated feeding herself at just three days old 

Amara Chiedozie strated feeding herself at just three days old 

She first did it at three days old and now - at three weeks old - regularly holds her bottle and pushes it aside when she is full up.

Her mother Onyi, 20, who is using a combination of breast and bottle feeding, said everyone is amazed by the feat.

She said: 'She was crying as she was hungry and when we were feeding, she started shaking, then she just grabbed the bottle and she was holding it by herself.

'We couldn't believe it because babies don't normally do it that young, I'm so shocked that I have been documenting it every day. It's unbelievable, even nurses are really surprised - when my health support nurse came she was shocked as well., she couldn't believe that this could happen.

'Whenever we go to appointments, we take pictures of her doing it. 

Onyi Chiedozie couldnt believe it when her daughter grabbed the bottle during a feed 

Onyi Chiedozie couldn't believe it when her daughter grabbed the bottle during a feed 

The midwife and even the doctor we had an appointment with on Saturday was actually amazed - they all couldn't believe it.'

Amara was born at Queen's Hospital in Romford, Essex, on August 3 weighing 6lbs 3oz.

Single mother Onyi, a student from nearby Chadwell Heath, is baffled by her daughter's amazing ability.

Now three weeks old, Amara Chiedozie is taking control of her bottle feeds

Now three weeks old, Amara Chiedozie is taking control of her bottle feeds

She said: 'I just think she has a lot of strength, I'm not sure why though as she wasn't particularly heavy when she was born.

'When she doesn't want it she will push it away. 

'She isn't strong enough to throw it away, but she does push it away, like she does with her dummy.

'If she is really hungry, she starts shaking, then she will just grab the bottle as you give it to her.' 

Onyi Chiedozie says her daughters doctor and midwife are amazed she can feed herself 

Onyi Chiedozie says her daughter's doctor and midwife are amazed she can feed herself 

Sponsored Links

femmefatale85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote femmefatale85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 5:17pm
maybe im just a bad older sister, but i used to lay the bottle on my brother and wrap his hands around it and tuck him in with pillows
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 5:17pm
Is levitation a required look for some of these installs across da pond? Fowhy
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 5:19pm
G... I was going to comment on the hair but I let it go...

Ladies, what is going on with the installs over there.
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 5:28pm
@gkisses I did notice that too but chalked it up to being a new mom....the baby is cute
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 5:28pm
Awww
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

G... I was going to comment on the hair but I let it go...

Ladies, what is going on with the installs over there.

LOL Most of the installs in my neck of the woods ain't worth a damn either. We have a reputation for jacked weaves

It'll be interesting to see what will become of that kid. That's outstanding coordination for an infant.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 5:36pm
Don't get me wrong i see bad weaves here too. Its just that these reach new heights and they love their bundles all 5+ of them...lol

Anywho the baby is adorable and its not that abnormal in my experience with lil ones.
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 5:39pm
would have never guessed based off the pic that baby was only 3 days old.
Soratachi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Soratachi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 5:41pm
Sooooo precious!!!  Adorable.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair