Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Newbie to texlaxing.. any tips? arguments?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 9:46am
Sponsored Links

NataleeC View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NataleeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 1:45am
Oh sheeyit..
A bunch of helpful replies.
Thanks ladies!
I had a bit of time to go over my decision. I got the results I wanted, in terms of me having an easy wash day this go around. Detangling wasn't too hard, and the styling went by easily. However, in hindsight, I realized I had too few experiences like this to really want to stick with my hair for another long haul. I just know I will get impatient, and frustrated, and do more damage than good like what I have done in the past.
So for now, for the health of my hair, and the maintenance of my sanity, I'm taking the easy way out and texlaxing.
After all, I'm really in this for growth, and it doesn't matter what state my hair is in, as long as it grows. I'm ready for a new beginning, and I don't think I will stay natural anymore.
Maybe in the future. Please, continue to post information on texlaxing, and plenty of pictures if you have any. Thanks all, Nat.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 12:40pm
I'm texlaxed.. & loving it.
My texlaxed hair does not have any "curls" , it looks like loose yaki braiding hair (slight waves + tons of texture)
My hair looks like a shorter version of Jenn's hair from Just Grow Already or Sunshynes hair from Hairlicious/Hairlista.
Right now I bun or PS with wigs. I can't wait for the length to come.
No regrets.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 1:45pm
Nat i swear i heard violins playing through that entire post LOL
just learn to love your hair. we all just want you to be happyHug
yesterday i saw an article and i thought of you but then i got distracted and forgot to post it.  when i find it again i'll post up.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 1:53pm
i dont know if youre going to a salon or doing it at home but here some useful threads on bhm:

How to Texlax

How to Properly Neutralize

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2013 at 2:00pm
http://blackgirllonghair.com/2012/02/6-attitudes-that-will-keep-you-frustrated-with-your-hair/

6 Attitudes that Will Keep you Frustrated with Your Hair

Share Button
Going natural is a learning experience and things can get emotional. Re-learning how to manage and style your hair after years of relaxing can be a challenge, and it can be made more difficult depending on your attitude. Here are 6 attitudes that will keep you frustrated at your hair.

1. Impatience

Ah, impatience. We’ve all dealt with it, whether it’s waiting to grow out those last few inches, sitting through an hour long detangling session or trying to master the art of flat twisting. It can be easy to let impatience get the best of you but consider that you are in a process of re-learning your hair and it’s just going to take time. Anticipate that the first two years of journey might be bumpy and progress may sometimes seem slow. If you did a big chop, you won’t have back length hair right off the bat. If all you know how to do is flat iron, then natural hair styling and maintenance techniques will take time to learn. But don’t fear! Many veteran naturals have their routines down to a science, and spend less and less time on their hair as the years go by. There’s light at the end of the tunnel!

2. Compensating for your hair

Some women don’t like what they find on the other side of the big chop. They might have expected looser curls and ended up with a tight z pattern, or wanted hair that grows up and out, and ended up with soft hair that flops down. A kneejerk reaction can be to get a dye job, do a press and curl or put in a weave. Although none of these practices are bad in and of themselves they can do damage to your hair and sense of self when used as a perceived ‘compensation’. If you are feeling disappointed or unhappy with your natural hair try getting to the bottom of your dissatisfaction, and adjusting your outlook. And realize that changing your perception of what is beautiful will take some effort.

3. Stubborn Defensiveness

When you read natural hair articles or hear natural hair ‘gurus’ talking, it can be tempting to be defensive and discredit them. You might think; ‘What do they know?’ or ‘And who are they to tell me how to take care of my hair?’ While you certainly shouldn’t believe everything you read, it’s important to have some humility. If you’ve tried taking care of your hair, and it’s not where you want it to be, there’s nothing wrong with admitting you don’t have all the answers and trying new advice.

4. Competition & Jealousy

The web is a great resource for seeing the diversity of natural hair styles but at times it can be tempting to compare. Thoughts like, ‘She did the big chop around the same time as I did, how come her hair looks so much better?’ or ‘I tried that exact style and it looks great on her, but not on me’ can linger, but they’re just not helpful. Natural hair is not about comparison, it’s about your own personal journey. Take the information and inspiration you need from the web, and leave the rest.

5. Laziness

It can be easy to let your cute new fro lull you into a false sense of security, leading you to believe that it doesn’t need anything to stay cute. Well, it does. While natural hair maintenance doesn’t have to take a ton of time it does require consistency. For most naturals, moisturizing every day is a must, detangling regularly (and with patience!) is a must, caring for your ends is a must. If you get lazy with essential hair practices, expect to see the quality of your hair decline.

6. Extreme Do-It-Yourself

Natural hair culture is very do-it-yourself. I’d venture to guess that there are more naturals who do their own hair than go to the salon. But, if you don’t have the styling skills, there’s no shame in finding a trusted natural hair stylist (or even just a friend or family member who’s good at doing hair) to help you out. Don’t feel like a failure or somehow ‘inauthentic’ if you need help. Not everyone can whip out an intricate flat twist updo with some grease and a rattail comb!

Ladies, have you struggled with any of these attitudes? What are some other mentalities that can hold you back?

NataleeC View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NataleeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2013 at 3:21pm
**LATE AF POST**
okay so tatee is a damn godsend with all those links meng
What's your address so I can send you some flowers or some sh*t? Lol
Update: still haven't gone through with it yet
Nor have I put in any braids.
I've been hat-bunning (my phrase for putting it in an ugly sloppy bun and hiding it ubder a hat) and so far, I haven't had extreme tangling. Actually, I haven't had any at all O.o
Maybe this is my hair's way of getting its sh*t together.
I've had a LOT of shedding.. imagine a tennis ball's worth.. maybe a little less, but not really.. I have attributed that to me not taking it don for like.. a month and a half.. maybe two, I dont remember.. but if this continues, I need a sulfate free garlic shampoo roduct ASAP.
So far, I'm still considering texlaxing, but I just made it back to MBL, so maybe I'll do it at WL. It's not at the forefront of my mind anymore, it's on the back burner, and I hate that I'm so flippant about such permanent decisions.
Inevitably, this will resurface, but for now, I'm attempting patience and understanding and so far, me and my hair are in agreement. Will update you later. In the meanwhile, I may or may not upload some PICS depending on how lazy I feel lol
Thanks all
Feel free to use this as a vent thread. :D
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair