Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie to texlaxing.. any tips? arguments?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
NataleeC View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NataleeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie to texlaxing.. any tips? arguments?
    Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 11:40am
*gasp!* Natalee... Say it aint so!

Well, I haven't done it yet, but I'm considering it heavily, and as of now I have decided to give it the green light after a stint with havana braids this fall.
On some days, I couldn't appreciate the way my hair wais *correction: was* any more than I did... However, on other days, I felt like and even now I still feel like ripping it out of my scalp
The thing is, the latter was few and far between for most of my journey, but now, I find that my frustration is mounting, and I dread having to find a way to deal with it outside of a protective style.
I am afraid to take such a permanent plunge, but staying natural has become counter-productive. In my impatience, my hair strands suffer. I have found that I am no longer willing to give it the time and care it requires to flourish. I know texlaxing will bring its challenges, but at least they wont be of the same challenges I face now.
It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to quit being natural. Especially since I thoroughly enjoyed my thick braid outs that fluffed with age, sort of like a fine wine. I also enjoyed my blow outs, and curl pattern. But unless someone can convince me otherwise, I am officially handing in my resignation to the natural community. Two months notice. Right hea. Thank you for your time.

Edited by NataleeC - Sep 24 2013 at 11:42am
Sponsored Links

NataleeC View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NataleeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 11:45am
It all boils down to this question:

why put up with something that you are supposed to enjoy, if you don't enjoy it anymore?
NataleeC View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NataleeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 2:52pm
Damn.. 14 views and no replies? :(

One other question though... Maintaining thickness- how do I do that? I want to keep most of my thickness...
If anyone knows shorty2sweet or shorty2sweety (idk how her name is) then you can imagine the amount of thickness and texture I want to keep. Hers is the perfect example of what I hope to achieve with mine.
LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 3:04pm
If you do NOT enjoy your natural texture any more, I suggest you buy Keratin Research Keratin brazilian keratin treatment on ebay or amazon. It will texlax you but will go away within 3-6 months leaving you natural again.  This way you won't have 2 textures together... you'll just start knowing it's time to do your whole head again. You have to flat iron your hair after putting it in and keep the hair straight for 3 days.  Just do it with a window open. 

A lot of people who are so strong on "natural" are 4a or 3c textured so their hair is already like a texlax naturally. They are not in a position to demand someone who does not have that curly coily texture enjoy their 4z  the way they enjoy their 4a. Suppose you just want to be a 3c/4a like they are naturally... I say GO FOR it! You got to do what works for YOU!

Edited by LadyAradia - Sep 24 2013 at 3:14pm
NataleeC View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NataleeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 4:23pm
Thanks for the reply, however, I must mention that I already am 3c/4a
Also, I don't really have any interest in going back to natural.. or having any reversion back to my natural pattern.
In addition to that, the formaldehyde not being regulated in any of the keratin formulas (please do not hesitate to correct me if I am wrong) makes me wary of going that route. I don't want teary eyes or a rash, or risk of lung and skin damage. Nor do I want to risk having an asthma attack in a not so well ventilated room.

I do value your input, but I don't think keratin treatments are the correct route for me.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 4:26pm
girl this the growth section aint nobody tryna talk you out of nothinLOL  you want a texturizer, get one. its your hair and any decision you make with it is fine.  now, go say your farewells to the natural section.  good luckThumbs Up

sn: if you actually want to get talked out of it i can do that too, but you gotta letta sista knowBig smile
NataleeC View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NataleeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 5:16pm
Lmao.
@tatee.. its such a permanent decision, I kinda want help to back out..
But in this bout of indecision, I still want to hear (and maybe experience) the pros as well.
Has anyone done a patch test of this kind?
How would I go about doing one? Seems worthwhile.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 5:37pm
i had a texturizer for 6 years and absolutely loved it for about 3 or 4 years...i mean loved it...until one day i didnt.  and thats the problem growing out a texurizer is not the most pleasant experience.

i could be wrong but what im sensing is that you never really got to know your hair and you really cant do that by hiding behind long term protective styles.   ive notice that a lot of people who go natural and use back to back protective styles usually have the hardest time adjusting to being natural because every time they take down their hair its like starting all over.  so they are forever in the newbie stages and never reach the point of understanding that you do not fight a battle against your hair but surrender to it.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by NataleeC NataleeC wrote:

Lmao.
@tatee.. its such a permanent decision, I kinda want help to back out..
But in this bout of indecision, I still want to hear (and maybe experience) the pros as well.
Has anyone done a patch test of this kind?
How would I go about doing one? Seems worthwhile.

yeah, your gonna spend a month doing research, another month going over the pros and cons and in the mean time your going to learn how to take care of your hair.  if you still want a texturizer in two month have at it, hoss.
NataleeC View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NataleeC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 11:52pm
"i could be wrong but what im sensing is that you never really got to know your hair"

AHMAGERD YES. THIS. IS. ME.
It's like.. I've learned the words we repeat over and over again. So in a sense, I'm not that kind of newbie. I know WHAT to do.. patience, wide toothed comb, etc.
But, execution is my problem.
I damn sure know my hair isn't the problem.
So I hide behind protective styles like what I am doing in a few.
Its like being natural on paper is a whole lot different from being natural in real life. Is this just me struggling? Fighting a temporary fight? Or will this always be a real issue for me?
I'm tired of waiting for time to tell.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>