Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie advice needed

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
Kocoa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie advice needed
    Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 3:17am
Hi ladies, I'm quite new to these LF streets. I'm actually after a FLW but I'm a bit curious about the installation process. What is the best adhesives to use? I need something super strong and water tight. I'm about to go on a cruise early next yr and instead of a weave or braids, I figured I'd be better off with a wig. I've seen so many videos about techniques and all but one were really for short term installs and I'm about to get on a boat for a wk and a half. I'm expecting to do a huge amount of swimming and walking around the ports, so I figure I should double up and go with no tape + super tape. Is that a sound plan or is there something else that's strong enough to take on salt water? ... or maybe I should just go back to weaves?
Sponsored Links

qheenkitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote qheenkitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2013 at 4:25am
I've worn both weaves and wigs on cruises and a sew in weave isn't ideal since you will be swimming a lot. You will not have enough time to fully dry your hair underneath and the tracks in between getting off the ship, dinner, activities etc. I can tell you I spent so much time worrying about washing the salt water out of my hair and the weave then drying it then styling. I felt like I was always late and missing out on doing things. It was ok, better than wearing adhesives with wigs but still took oodles of time to dry and style ugh!

The next time I wore a wig with adhesives. Biggest mistake mistake ever!!! My wig kept lifting. Anytime my hair touched water even with tapes and glues there were parts that were lifting up. I wore a hat to cover it rushed back to my stateroom and had to reapply. Smh a hot mess.

The last time I went on a cruise, I used tootsies mom method with bobby pins and wig clips. Worked like a charm. Less fuss to deal with. I swam a lot! and when I needed to wash my hair I was able to do so and dry it and the wig in less time and still was able to have it look natural. In fact it was that cruise that changed the way I wear my lace wigs as far as applying it goes.

If you are going to opt for a weave get a u part so you can still take it off when needed. Hope that helps.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style