Forum Home Forum Home > Skin Care > Break Outs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

New Year's Resolution for Skin?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
DEE80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DEE80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Year's Resolution for Skin?
    Posted: Dec 26 2011 at 6:16pm
I hope this doesn't sound too weird, but I have struggled with acne, just like most women have for years. I have never had complete clear skin on my face or back. I'm one of those women who has never worn a tank top, unless it was to sleep in. My resolution is to finally clear up my back and face. I just started using CVS stress free acne scrub and CVS benzoyl peroxide gel 10% both for my back. On my face, I use the scrub once a week and have been using the benzoyl peroxide at night. As for scars, I'm not too worried about those. I just want the pimples gone. Any of you have any skin resolutions? Tongue
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2011 at 6:04pm
Hmmmmmm...Not really but I do hope that the combo that I am using now continues to work for me.  My issue is that I would find a treatment and it will work for about three months and then my skin would freak out big time after the fourth month.  Right now I just eliminated using sulfates in facial cleansers and shampoos and so far my skin is responding positively.  I might extend that to body cleansers since I am starting to experience slight breakouts on my d√©colletage area and back, which is highly unusually for me. 
charchar View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charchar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2012 at 7:51pm
For my skin I'm going to stick to my regimen of using MUAC products an being regular with my chemical peels. Also eating well, drinking lots a water and maybe include a mulivitamin/mineral. I want clear skin for 2012
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2012 at 11:30pm
I've never had clear skin in my life. I seem to be the only person in my family who struggles with it so much. I can't seem to figure out what causes it, and I have tried EVERYTHING. But I'm still determined to make this the first year of beautiful skin.

I've tried every type of acne product out there, not to mention my diet and sleeping changes I've made. If my new lotion I've started using doesn't completely clear things up, I'm gonna suck it up and try Proactiv. If that doesn't work, looks like I'll have to get a prescription to solve my problem, and I'm really hoping I don't have to go through THAT much trouble.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 01 2012 at 2:52am
Well, I hope it worked for you!
I wish to start 2013 with a clear face, no open pores and no fine lines Star
lovenaturally94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovenaturally94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 3:21am
I just started a clear skin, natural hair, and weight loss journey. I hope I make some type of progress before summer 2013! https://www.youtube.com/user/LoveNaturally94?feature=mhee
marieeugene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marieeugene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:11am
A few tips for you lovely ladies.
ELIMINATE:
-all dairy ( except eggs) and soy
-peanut butter
-shell fish, shrimp, algae, seaweed, beef liver, salmon
-kelp, seaweed, green drinks, wheat grass, spirulina
-broccoli, spinach, corn, asparagus
-if you have PCOS , do consume fish oils, they turn into omega 6-9 and stimulates androgens
NOT ALL ACNE ARE CREATED EQUAL
-if you have grade 2 acne (non inflamed , feels like tiny bumps under skin) , benzoyl peroxide will not work, you will do better on salycilic serum in the day and a vitamin A (retinol) serum at night. Start slow by applying 3 times a week for a month, then working your way up to 7 days a week.
-grade 3 and 4 acne (inflamed), benzoyl peroxide will work for you. Start out slow by applying a BP lotion for 15 minutes every nite for a week, then washing it off and applying safflower oil to your skin.
The following week , leave on for an hour then wash off , the following wk for 2 hours.... Until you can wear it overnite.
STAY AWAY from coconut oil and olive oil in your hair and on your skin, or you will continue to break out
-get Optizinc, and take 90mg a day with a meal
-Change your pillow case often ie 3 nights a week.
-STAY AWAY FROM MAC MAKE UP. Get a mineral makeup instead like Bare Escentuals BUT THE MATTE LINE. Don't get the warmth, it contains bismuth.
-Watch out for these ingredients in your skin care and hair products:
Sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, ethylexyl palmitate, hydrolized wheat, shea butter, coco butter, coconut oil, olive oil isopropy myristate, algae, carrageanan, any types of oils EXCEPT for sunflower and safflower.
-Birth control pills that will worsen your acne: loestrin, estrotrep Fe, levlen, alesse, ovral, norestrin, nuvo ring, depoprovera shot.
Below is a pic of one of my many clients, I cleared her in 4 months. Acne can be managed although there is no cure for it.

I have a lot more tips but this should get you all started. I treat acne for a living in Los angeles, hence the reason I offered these suggestions. I battled acne for over 20 years, after lots of research, school, becoming a medical esthetician, and working with numerous dermatologists, I have acquired a wealth of knowledge. 

-
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:14am
Why should we avoid broccoli?

Edited by sexyandfamous - Feb 08 2013 at 3:14am
marieeugene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marieeugene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 3:16am
brocoli, asparagus and spinach are HIGH in iodides. Although great veggies, but if you are acne prone limit your consumption to once a week Wink
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2013 at 2:19am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Well, I hope it worked for you!
I wish to start 2013 with a clear face, no open pores and no fine lines Star

fine lines diminished, but open pores are still there and my face is not clear.
I have been using African Black Soap and exfoliating with coffee grounds and honey. My problem is internal I guess... I have been taking ACV for the past week internally, let's see if it will help with my complexion.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic