Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Wigs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic Closednew wig wearer, I dont want it to fall off!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
bellejive View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: new wig wearer, I dont want it to fall off!
    Posted: Jun 23 2010 at 6:00pm
Confused
Hello ladies and gents of BHMF,

I have just started wearing wigs, but I have no idea how to ensure that they don't fall off, and I don't want to damage my hair with the little combs they have.

do I have to wear a wig cap in this summer heat?

I have my hair cornrowed straight back, what is a good regimen to ensure that my hair grows while wearing wigs?

How do you secure it so that it doesn't fall out at the slightest tug from a baby or gust of wind?

thanks so much,
Bellejive
Sponsored Links

Miss ViVi View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2010 at 6:19pm
I use bobby pins to keep them secure. 
Just keep taking care of your hair/braids.  If you want to build a regimen, you can check the growth section for info. 
Heavy Rotation View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2010 at 6:54pm
hi!  welcome!

so, yes, i would advise that you always wear a wig cap, no matter what the weather.  you always want to protect your hair underneath.  you do not want the inside of the wig touching your bare nekkid hair. Embarrassed

as for a regimen, remember that your real hair should be moisturized and strong, which means that you have a regimen that incorporates both moisture and protein.  i made a home made spritz that i use to moisturize my hair daily and i seal with castor oil. on my ends, i put a butter.  when i wash, i add protein to it (my condi has some protein and so does my leave in) and that is at most weekly (weekly co-wash and bi-weekly poo wash).  i never moisturize my hair and then put on the wig on a damp head.  so, i usually do my moisturizing once a day...at night when i'm not going to put on the wig.  also, as soon as i come home, i remove the wig - don't rip it off, but gently remove it and the wig cap.  if i am not going out of the house, i do not wear the wig.

i would use bobby pins instead of the combs, they tend to rip your hair out after a while (according to a lot of folks).  the bobby pins do not do that.  the wigs that i have are full wigs and do not have combs at all.

aren't wigs great?? Big%20smile
sunshine321511 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2010 at 7:50pm
 I use the LONG hair pins.  They are sold at beauty supply stores.  THink of your self looking in  a mirror...okay.

I attach one at the right side front, one behind the ear, one in the back at the nape (left) side, one at the back right left side, one behind the left ear, one in the front left ...and then a regular small hairpin in the middle top.

Its always better to be too SECURE than less.  I have heard of people using 2 pins but I use at least 5 at a minimum.

THese half wigs are so light that even with all my pins, there are times where it feels like nothing is on my head.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic