BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Products > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

new options alkaline mineral softener

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
trudy08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudy08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new options alkaline mineral softener
    Posted: Jan 09 2011 at 7:24pm
Hey ppl. I've been using relaxers on my hair for about 4 years now, before that my hair was natural. But just recently I've switched to the new options alkaline mineral softener because I found that my hair was breaking alot and just not thriving with relaxers.

So anyway I just retouched my softener for the second time and I had to cut my hair so much because it was breaking even more! I know the winter is always very harsh on my hair but I use a moisture retainer and deep condition regularly so its like idk what next to do.

Has anyone tried this softener?? What were your results? I want to know if i should stick wio_Oth it or go back to relaxers. help!
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:52pm
I never heard of it to be honest.  But a quick search on google says that it appears to be another form of a texturizer/mild relaxer.  Did you neutralize your hair properly, meaning left the neutralizing shampoo on your hair for about 3 to 5 minutes and rinse thoroughly?  Also do you apply it to the new growth only and how often do you touch up?
hairliberator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairliberator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2011 at 9:42pm
While reading your post I noticed that you mentioned that you were previously a relaxer client. From your description about your breakage, it sounds as though there may have been some damage or over-processing before you started using the Alkaline Mineral, which, by the way, is NOT a mild relaxer. The ingredients consist of Sodium (Does not contain any hydroxides).

When you're  transitioning from relaxer to New Options Alkaline Mineral Softener, always make sure your previously processed hair is in great shape. The New Options line helps you to accomplish this first step with the use of our protein, New Options Reconstructor Penetrator.

Fyi, sodium hydroxide relaxers can dissolve hair at a rate of 1% per minute after the softening process. Just 20 minutes of processing time with any relaxer can significantly compromise the structure of any hair strand. So, the moral of the story is, always apply protein before you deal with hair that has been relaxed or colored.

After you have completed your protein treatment, apply New Options Alkaline Mineral to NEW GROWTH ONLY, for the first 30 minutes. Just before you go to the shampoo bowl, you can pull Alkaline Mineral through to the ends (leaving on protein covered ends for only 2 to 3 minutes before you rinse), Neutra Shampoo and Moisturize. Moisture Retainer is a leave in. You don;t have to rinse. Your problem will be solved. Call one of our professional techs for help if you need it.
trudy08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudy08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2011 at 12:20am
Honestly i don't do my own touch ups, i go to the salon for that but I do my own proteins and deep conditions at home. So I'm not exactly sure if it was neutralized properly, they wash 3 times thoroughly so i would think so. Yes it's only applied to my new growth and I go every 7 weeks just like i would with a relaxer. I'm starting to do my proteins with a real egg instead of products so im hoping that will strengthen better.
trudy08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trudy08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2011 at 12:28am
Wow really? over-processed? I never liked how my hair came out, it was always still a bit wavy at the root so I figured I might as well use a softener instead if I'm already not getting completely relaxed hair, thinking it would give my hair a break.

Great shape? Ok well I guess thats where I went wrong. It helps to accomplish what first step? Softening?

Yes I always apply a protein before applying the Softener but I i didnt when it was relaxed Ouch. So why pull it to the ends after 30 mins? since my ends are already relaxed. 

Thanks for replying!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic