Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

New Ombre Color - yay or nay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Bootiful Cream

Author
naturaldesse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturaldesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2013 at 4:22pm
No sombre with red. Red by itself would be gorgeous ex. The woman in the pink cardigan love that color red
Sponsored Links

MdDyme07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MdDyme07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2013 at 11:23pm
[QUOTE=Printer_Ink] Nay.

Then as it goes back .. it gets compelely white. And I can see the big knots - so the knots need to be bleached. Lastly the 'part' is way to straighhhhhht. Ugh.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but, how does a straight part make hair look fake? I hear people say that on the board all the time. When I wear my natural I try to get my part as straight as possible. I keep parting until it's straight as a line. Please enlighten me ladies.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 1:55am
Because a regular head of hair with a part  ... is not sooooo perfect. It just isn't. A normal head gets messsy a bit. Everytime I see a BSS wig in the store window ... I see that permanent part thing going on.

So when you see all these attributes all lined up together - the ultimate straight hair that moves like indian girl hair ..but clearly the woman is Black, and it's soo healthy and lonnnnng and dyyyyed this unreaaal color and the parrtttt is sooo straight .. it looks fake.Confused Lonngg hair hair on her long face with strong features ... looks TRANY.

It just does. This girl would be better served with a textured, much shorter unit that is layered with bangs to bring fullness and to flatter her face, a normal 1b color and with her natural brows just shaped nicely, no false eyelashes and .. a normal amount of makeup.

I think if it were her natural hair she could wear a straight part because her edges would be so obvious and color etc ... all the little discrete things would reveal that that was her own hair. But with the units ... all the earlier mentioned descrete things fall into place ... so that's why it looks .. odd.

I feel sorry for women that look like this. Looks .. false and desparate like 'look at me somebody'.. but I am sure she thinks she looks great and it's her money and she has the right to look any way she wants. However the way she feels though .. it will not stop regular folks from looking at her and thinking ... well, thinking what I'm thinking which is ... geesh lady.Confused Give it a rest.

But to me wearing these units is all about realism ... and you can't wear but 1 big fake thing at a time ... without starting to look clownish. She's got wayy too much fake stuff going on and we can't even see how she DRESSES when she steps out - I get the feeling that will be over the top too.Shocked 

I really don't understand how I can be the only person that can see this. I'll bet after a shower without her unit she looks a lot like a dude and people that know would not recognize her on the street. That is the definition of ..'too much going on'.

Anyway, this is my opinion .. but of course, you are free to have your own.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Apr 15 2013 at 2:13am
Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 4:42am
Personally, I think this colour looks a little hood-rattish because I see it a LOT on some really cheap looking hair. 

I think Rihanna's hair looked best when it was a more vibrant, Jessica Rabbit kind of red (like when she wore that wig with that sailor outfit). I compare the colour featured in this thread to that kind of 'pink rinse' that people put in blonde hair instead of putting actual, vibrant pink, it's just too 'half-way' to be nice looking in my opinion. 

But then again, someone else might say it looks amazing! I would say if you're having doubts, it's best to err on the side of caution.
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 5:42am
I guess I don't subscribe to the notion that if you are African American you have to wear typical  African American textures and the hair has to be a natural color and it has to be short. I have worn texture that range from kinky straight to virgin burmese. And I loath short hair I am a long hair 26+ lover and I doubt I will ever go shorter. My CLY is an 18 inch and that's considered short too me. I do not see anything wrong with shorter hair but its not for me. When I see women with long hair, different textures or interesting colors I do not think that they are screaming for attention I just think they enjoy being different. I like rocking natural 1b hair but now that's its getting warmer I will transition into lighter blonder colors. I think what ever makes a women feels good whether its long hair and she don't care or short hair do what makes you happy. 

Edited by starliteboo - Apr 15 2013 at 5:43am
lashannasmall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote lashannasmall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 8:02am
I find it sad that we still live in a world where black people still feel that other black people have to look a certain way. My daughters natural hair is ombred red and it has also been ombred pink and it is very pretty on her. As long as you have the attitude to carry it off, you can do anything you want with your hair.  If you don't like it, you can always dye it back. Once you bleach the tips, you can put whatever temporary color you want on top of it. If you don't like it, just put in a black or a brown rinse and you are good to go.

I don't like short hair either. It is kind of funny, allot of the feathered highly curled looks that black people feel look so natural actually look really fake too. The bottom line is, if you have super perfect hair, no matter if it is short or long, it is a big tip off that it is not real. You just have to be confident about your self and your hair. Rock it with confidence and other people will see that and you will be beautiful.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 9:57am
dup

Edited by Printer_Ink - Apr 15 2013 at 10:44am
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Umm I didn't say SHORT hair.

I said this girl has long face and lonnnng hair does not look good on her face and that she needs a shortER cut to flatter her face and features. But every face shape etc is different. The only face that can really carry off long hair successfully is the oval face shape and a lot of times that doesn't work either.

It's an individual thing. There is a show called 'What Not to Wear' that I  love because they teach women of all sizes and shapes .. what 'works' for their body type.

They have this great Black hairdresser that really knows his stuff. The girl will start off looking ummmm and after he cuts/colors the hair ... to suit her face etc .. POW the girl looks woooonderful. Sometimes he explains why he had to cut the hair.

That's why I think people just wanna wear 'hair' without taking into account whether or not that hair suits them. This girls needs a makeUNder .. but that doesn't mean every girl should go shorter. Not short. I said ... shortER. Tongue

Me? I go the conservative route as regards to hair - especially because it's not my real hair. I only wear the kinky curly 14inch units that I trim so that it looks like a BIG kinky curly AFRO! Love it! So it's my choice is to go as realistic as possible and that can't include all these colors and whatnot.  Nooo .. not my bag.

Makes my skin crawl when I see it too - I  can't help it. I once had a semi - friend. Not a real friend - she just would not go away Confused.. but one of the many reasons I had to stop associating with her was .. the big blondish type wig thingy. All different kinds - she never looked the same - so I never knew what kind of 'look' she would turn up in.

She would attract a lot of attention .. but it was the wrong kind of attention and she did not understand this so she would complain that all these guys just wanted to sleep with her. Duh! I wanted to tell her she's gotta come off all the different wigs - ruins her credibility but she was so proud of herself.. I didn't have the heart. Confused

Well ... she was off on other stuff too (like always talking about meeting a rich guy.) That made me wanna HURL! Hee hee! But that hair. I just decided I could no longer be seen with her in public because it made me sooo uncomfortable.  

But to each his (her) own. Smile This is not a debate anyway. Everyone is different - I just gave my opinion and don't expect everyone to agree with me. 

chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 11:13am
Originally posted by MdDyme07 MdDyme07 wrote:

[QUOTE=Printer_Ink] Nay.

Then as it goes back .. it gets compelely white. And I can see the big knots - so the knots need to be bleached. Lastly the 'part' is way to straighhhhhht. Ugh.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but, how does a straight part make hair look fake? I hear people say that on the board all the time. When I wear my natural I try to get my part as straight as possible. I keep parting until it's straight as a line. Please enlighten me ladies.

I'm with you on the straight parts - I'm almost anal about having a straight part, whether it is my hair or not. Big smile  Crookedness just bugs me.

Editing to say now if my part gets messed up during the day with some fuzzy hair over the part, I'm not gonna stress over it.

Edited by chatnoir - Apr 15 2013 at 11:15am
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2013 at 11:20am
Originally posted by starliteboo starliteboo wrote:

I guess I don't subscribe to the notion that if you are African American you have to wear typical  African American textures and the hair has to be a natural color and it has to be short. I have worn texture that range from kinky straight to virgin burmese. And I loath short hair I am a long hair 26+ lover and I doubt I will ever go shorter. My CLY is an 18 inch and that's considered short too me. I do not see anything wrong with shorter hair but its not for me. When I see women with long hair, different textures or interesting colors I do not think that they are screaming for attention I just think they enjoy being different. I like rocking natural 1b hair but now that's its getting warmer I will transition into lighter blonder colors. I think what ever makes a women feels good whether its long hair and she don't care or short hair do what makes you happy. 

ETA - 

btw now that I've rewatched part of the vid in proper lighting (in the office now), I don't think the red is that bad, my beef is with the technique in which the ombre is done.  As someone else mentioned, the tone of red chosen will need to be based on your own skin tone.  Back in the day (80s - gasp!  lol)  I was wearing my hair with one small strip of my hair parted to the side, like a swoop bang, that was colored dark red, and before that I messed around with highlights throughout my hair in deep purple / aubergine.  

I think as long as the color is tastefully done and compliments your skin tone, go for it!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic