Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
shortnsweet08 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member- Problems with breakage
    Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 12:17am
I'm posting this for a new member who can't post her own threads....
HI LADIES,
I HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM WITH BREAKAGE. I RECENTLY PERMED MY HAIR WITH AFFIRM, A PERM THAT I HAVENT USED BEFORE. IT WAS RECOMMENDED BY A FRIEND WHO IS A LICENSED HAIR STYLIST AND SHE SAID IT WOULD STRAIGHTEN MY HAIR WELL SINCE IT IS THICK AND VERY COARSE. AFTER BEING PUT IN MY HAIR WAS LOVELY, BUT AFTER A WEEK MY HAIR STARTED FALLING OUT. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME EVER THAT A PERM HAS MADE MY HAIR FALL OUT AND I AM AT A LOST FOR WORDS. IT IS LIKE THE PERM BURNED/SHAVED OFF ALL OFF MY HAIR SLOWLY IN THE BACK AND MY HAIR IS CONTINUOUSLY FALLING OUT/SHEDDING/BREAKING OFF. IM NOT SURE WHAT TO DO. SINCE THE PERM OF I HAVE WASHED IT AND DEEP CONDITIONED IT MANY TIMES. MY HAIR IS VERY COARSE AND VERY DRY AND ALTHOUGH I HAVE LOST A LOT OF HAIR TO THE HUMAN EYE ITS NOT NOTICABLE BUT IF YOU LIFE MY HAIR UP YOU CAN SEE ALL THE MISSING HAIR. ITS SAD, IVE CRIED OVER IT NUMBEROUS TIMES BECAUSE BLACK HAIR TAKES FOREVER TO GROW AND THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I HAVE LOST MY HAIR (1ST TIME WAS DUE TO TAKING B.C. PILLS)...ANYWAYS MY HAIR STAYS DRY. I GREASE/OIL IT LIKE EVERY OTHER DAY AND DEEP CONDITION IT EVERY 2 WEEKS. IM AT A LOST OF WORDS THO, ANY SUGGESSTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! tHANKS
Sponsored Links

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 12:21am
You say you grease and oil your hair every other day, but what do you do to moisturize it? oil doesnt moisturize, it only seals in moisture and lubricates the hair. But it can't seal in moisture if there is no moisture to begin with. What exactly is your regimen?
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 12:41am
did u put the relaxer in yourself?
Ninjer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 7:03pm
MY FRIEND WHO IS LICENSED PUT THE RELAXER IN FOR ME. I USUALLY DO IT MYSELF OF A MILD FORMULA AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS BEFORE
Ninjer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 7:05pm
I USE THE BASIC GREASE, ANY GREASE REALLY AND ALSO USE APHROGEE 7 ESSENTIAL OILS PRODUCT AND MORRACON OIL. MY HAIR JUST EATS IT UP. AFTER WASHING IT I DEEP CONDITION IT FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS AND NOTHING SEEMS TO HELP. MY HAIR FEELS LIKE VELCRO AND IS VERY ROUGH. THE BACK OF MY HAIR IS NOW STARTING TO GROW BACK BUT ITS VERY DRY.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 9:10pm
oil will NOT moisturize hair. Moisture comes from water, so you need a product that contains water. Anything that moisturizes must contain water. I'm not relaxed, but a lot of ladies who relax like s curl spray. What do you use to deep condition? You need to make sure that your deep conditioner contains certain ingredients and does not contain others.

As for grease...I'm really not sure we need grease. For the most part, our scalps are pretty healthy and dont need a lot of extra product, unless its dry or itchy. In any case, grease probably wont help a dry scalp. If your grease contains petroleum you should probably discontinue use, petroleum clogs the hair follicle and slows growth.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 9:10pm
Also, what shampoo do you use? How exactly do you wash your hair?
Ninjer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2011 at 7:01pm
I deep condition my hair with dr miracles, I do aphrogee protein treatments and basically any deep conditioner that moisturizes. I mix them all up. I have a really dry scalp and i use grease and oils to moisturize it. I tend to get flakes two days after washing it so I have to keep it moist in order to not stay dry. Right now I use Missani (sp) shampoos and conditioner and also olive oil shampoo. 
bellacnella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2011 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Ninjer Ninjer wrote:

I deep condition my hair with dr miracles, I do aphrogee protein treatments and basically any deep conditioner that moisturizes. I mix them all up. I have a really dry scalp and i use grease and oils to moisturize it. I tend to get flakes two days after washing it so I have to keep it moist in order to not stay dry. Right now I use Missani (sp) shampoos and conditioner and also olive oil shampoo. 

Like the other poster said, oil will NOT moisturize. This is a common myth. Putting oils on your scalp is fine, I do that too for my scalp's health.  But you need to find a moisturizer.  Something with water listed in the ingredients.  The grease and oil you are using may very well be making your hair hard.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 01 2011 at 9:05pm
If your hair is really dry, you might consider deep conditioning every week as opposed to every other week. I'm not sure which dr. miracles deep conditioner youre using, but I seem to remember that a lot of Dr. Miracle's products have ingredients you want to avoid. You should DEFINITELY avoid products that contain:
mineral oil
paraffin
petroleum

Unfortunately a LOT of Black hair care products contain these ingredients. There has been a trend torwards more natural products recently, but the majority still use low quality ingredients. When choosing products I'm sure to read the ingredients carefully, and many times I buy things online because theres more of a variety. I think its a good idea to stick to just a few products as opposed to a lot, the simpler your regimen, the better, in my opinion.

The same goes for shampoo. Avoid sulfates. Any ingredient that ends in the word "sulfate" is something you want to stay clear of, cause sulfates strip the hair. The exception are "solfates", these are ok to use. 

I think the most critical thing right now is to find a daily moisturizer. If youd like specific suggestions or have questions about products youre using now just let us know.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic