Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
IndianHair.net
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

New Member, New Journey

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Author
MissCandii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MissCandii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member, New Journey
    Posted: Apr 13 2013 at 3:17pm
Hi Everybody,

I am a new member of the black hair media forum. I want to start growing my hair so that it can be long, thick, and healthy. I have been natural for several years, I got a relaxer once two years ago and it damaged all my hair.  A lot of people tell me I have nice hair, however I know it is very damaged, thin, and my edges need a lot of work. I have been on this site for hours looking at differnt things. I work out alot I try to eat healthy and I also use to take Biotin. I dont take it daily but I plan to. I need help and assistance in regimens and products that I can use to help start my journey. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Sincerely,
Candii
Sponsored Links

YaYaStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote YaYaStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2013 at 8:09pm
Take pictures of your hair. Take some time to read through the threads in the growth section. There are quite a few challenges that occurred over the years that you should be able to access. Those threads are full of valuable information and you can begin to use the regimens and techniques that appeal to you and begin to figure out what works for your hair and lifestyle and what doesn't. HHG!
mszwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mszwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 7:33pm
also u can check out a site hairlista. com and a book called the science of black as well as tons of ladies on youtube with hair down there back, and just starting a hair journey like yourself
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2013 at 11:50am
Keep it simple. You don't wanna overload your hair with different products too soon. Start slow this way if something doesn't work, it'll be easy to identify which product it is.

For edges, the products that gave me the best results were JBCO and emu oil.

I agree with taking pictures, for reference purposes. You wanna be able to see results and one of the best ways to track your progress is via pics.

Be patient and persistent. Nothing you do will yield overnight results, so don't give up on a product simply because you didn't see immediate results.

If you shampoo, It may not be needed in your regi. Research co-washing and see if you could benefit from dropping shampoo from your regimen.

littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2013 at 2:15am
i recommend simplicity. minimize to the bare necessity. clean hair. detangled hair. go-to style of choice that is easy to put in, take out and allows your hair to rest without tangling in the interim. 
Vmakesiteasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vmakesiteasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2013 at 3:53pm
Hello I am new also I developed a technique where I dont use shampoo only conditioner I have trouble determining if my oil are da right oils like I use tea tree, coconut and castor but no one else oil bottles looks like mine and I cant find theres also I dont understand wat essentail oils are. My ends and edges are thin but I see progress in my edges.
eternalhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eternalhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2014 at 4:26pm
You can learn a few things from this lady, go to
https://www.youtube.com/Moorevolve she can help with some issues you maybe experiences on your new journey. By the way Congratulations!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic