Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Lauren Hill track!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 2:01am
DeadLOL

I was thinking if she broke some of those lyrics up, they would make for good interludes throughout the CD.

But all in one song? No ma'am!
Sponsored Links

Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 3:52am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

DeadLOL

I was thinking if she broke some of those lyrics up, they would make for good interludes throughout the CD.

But all in one song? No ma'am!

She compressed an entire album's worth of dropped gems into one fast-ass rushed song. Dead
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 4:17am
Originally posted by keelolo1 keelolo1 wrote:

What is this, bullish!t music day? First Beyonce and her sorry imitation of Amy winehouse, now this fukcery? I'm throwing in the towel.
CryLOLLOL
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 4:18am
The song coming from anybody else I would think..ok. But from her and her history is kinda shaky to me. She treated her fans who stood by her for years and put food in your mouth bad. I can't see why she would be angry.
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 5:50am
K_Camille View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 7:10am
It sucked.  Didn't make it past two minutes.  I heard no passion.  And her disclaimer..makes me think prison is where her a$s should be.  Bish ain't grateful.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 9:33am
Her heart's not in it. She's acting like she's bestowing a favour upon her fans. I must admit I'm getting tired of this as well.

Lauryn Hill Tax Debt Paid Ahead Of Monday Sentencing, Attorney Says

NEWARK, N.J., May 5 (Reuters) - Hip hop artist Lauryn Hill, on the eve of her scheduled sentencing on federal tax evasion charges, has paid off the balance of more than $900,000 she owed in back taxes and penalties, her attorney said on Sunday.

The Grammy-winning musician is scheduled for sentencing on Monday in U.S. District Court in Newark, New Jersey on three charges she failed to file tax returns on more than $1.8 million between 2005 and 2007.

She faces up to a year in jail for each charge, but the final sentence is expected to be adjusted based on her repayment of the money, her attorney said.

She owed at least $504,000 in federal back taxes as well as state taxes and penalties that brought the estimated total to more than $900,000.

"Ms Hill has not only now fully paid prior to sentencing her taxes, which are part of her criminal restitution, but she has additionally fully paid her federal and state personal taxes for the entire period under examination through 2009," her attorney, Nathan Hochman, said in an email.

In April, Hill was admonished by U.S. Magistrate Judge Madeline Cox Arleo for failing to make promised payments on her unpaid taxes ahead of her sentencing.

She had expected to raise the money from a new recording contract last fall but only paid $50,000 when she did not complete the expected tracks, her attorney said.

Her attorney said last month that Hill lined up a loan secured by two pieces of real estate. He said on Sunday that the tax repayment came from a combination of sources but did not include funds from any new record sales.

A new single by Hill, her first in several years, called "Neurotic Society," was posted on iTunes on Friday.

She posted a link to the song on the social media site Tumblr on Saturday, writing,

"Here is a link to a piece that I was 'required' to release immediately, by virtue of the impending legal deadline."

"I love being able to reach people directly, but in an ideal scenario, I would not have to rush the release of new music... But the message is still there," she wrote.

Hill's 1998 solo album "The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill" won the singer, a former member of the Fugees, five Grammy awards.

Hill is from South Orange, New Jersey.

A spokeswoman for U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman declined to comment on the case, as did a spokesman for the Internal Revenue Service. (Editing by Ellen Wulfhorst and Cynthia Osterman)

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - May 06 2013 at 9:34am
el_bandido View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el_bandido Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 9:41am
that sh*t wasnt music
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 9:41am
Well the "song" is definitely neurotic...that's all I got.

Confused
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 9:59am
ugg, delusions of grandeur abound. Beyonce and Lauryn thinking fans are so misguided they will just snap it up? She does know we have ears????? When was Miseducation written and released? 1998 you say?? Angry Heifer you have had 15 years to make another album of a better quality than this. I hate how artists think fans are stupid. You should put out a good product and not release crap music. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>