Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - new hair vendors and bhm
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
 

new hair vendors and bhm

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>






Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
starbrainz View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 01 2006
Location: GA
Status: Offline
Points: 344
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote starbrainz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new hair vendors and bhm
    Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 2:45pm
Just wanted to post a comment that I posted in another thread regarding new hair vendors and BHM because I'm genuinely curious.

How many of you take chances on AVs the same way you do with some of the CVs posted here? What makes me mad (well, not TRUE anger, but you get it) about BHM in general is that most of you (not all) rarely give folks a chance. Of course there is going to be a mark up on the hair because that's called BUSINESS. When you go to Walmart, Target, or any of these other stores that sells things you want/need, do you think that you're paying what they paid to get the merchandise? You're not.

Further, as with anything, it's your responsibility to research. If something seems to high for you or you think that it's too low, rousing your suspicions, the simple thing to do would be not to buy it. I am very careful about who I purchase from and rely on reviews and presentation to aid in my decision. Rarely do I purchase hair off sight along; I have to read a few reviews before I make the decision to purchase.  I have an amount that I won't go over for a bundle but I don't get upset at people and their prices because they have to make a profit. If someone's stuff is too high, I just don't buy it. A lot of you are able to "spot" someone's vendor by sight alone, so you're able to cut out the middle man. But it seems that on BHM, folks get shot down before they ever get a chance to make a name for themselves. Everybody has to start somewhere. If that 'somewhere' doesn't suit you, just leave it alone. As with anything else, the hair business is lucrative...people see that and want to dive in. No, I don't trust folks who appear to know nothing about hair, but I ain't judging them because they want to get involved.

And no, I'm definitely not a vendor but I am a lurker here and see the guns come out far too often.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
growlonghair View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: Jul 16 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1154
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote growlonghair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by starbrainz starbrainz wrote:

Just wanted to post a comment that I posted in another thread regarding new hair vendors and BHM because I'm genuinely curious.

    • How many of you take chances on AVs the same way you do with some of the CVs posted here? What makes me mad (well, not TRUE anger, but you get it) about BHM in general is that most of you (not all) rarely give folks a chance. Of course there is going to be a mark up on the hair because that's called BUSINESS. When you go to Walmart, Target, or any of these other stores that sells things you want/need, do you think that you're paying what they paid to get the merchandise? You're not.

Further, as with anything, it's your responsibility to research. If something seems to high for you or you think that it's too low, rousing your suspicions, the simple thing to do would be not to buy it. I am very careful about who I purchase from and rely on reviews and presentation to aid in my decision. Rarely do I purchase hair off sight along; I have to read a few reviews before I make the decision to purchase.  I have an amount that I won't go over for a bundle but I don't get upset at people and their prices because they have to make a profit. If someone's stuff is too high, I just don't buy it. A lot of you are able to "spot" someone's vendor by sight alone, so you're able to cut out the middle man. But it seems that on BHM, folks get shot down before they ever get a chance to make a name for themselves. Everybody has to start somewhere. If that 'somewhere' doesn't suit you, just leave it alone. As with anything else, the hair business is lucrative...people see that and want to dive in. No, I don't trust folks who appear to know nothing about hair, but I ain't judging them because they want to get involved.

And no, I'm definitely not a vendor but I am a lurker here and see the guns come out far too often.
 
 
 WOW  at this post! You say you are not an AV but do you realise that ""giving people a chance"" means more or less giving them your money? Why would I give an AV a chance when I can spend a fraction with a CV?
 
IMO if you know how to customize your wig, communicate well as well as bleach your own knots etc  you sure can skip that greedy middleman called an AV.
 
I truelly hope you are not an AV because with Alie Express, BBB etc the days of the AV are limited.
 
Unless of course your hair is off the charts. But those AVs who receive hair from China just to repackage it as is, your days are numbered just saying!


Edited by growlonghair - Dec 16 2013 at 3:26pm
Back to Top
starbrainz View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 01 2006
Location: GA
Status: Offline
Points: 344
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbrainz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by growlonghair growlonghair wrote:

Originally posted by starbrainz starbrainz wrote:

Just wanted to post a comment that I posted in another thread regarding new hair vendors and BHM because I'm genuinely curious.

    • How many of you take chances on AVs the same way you do with some of the CVs posted here? What makes me mad (well, not TRUE anger, but you get it) about BHM in general is that most of you (not all) rarely give folks a chance. Of course there is going to be a mark up on the hair because that's called BUSINESS. When you go to Walmart, Target, or any of these other stores that sells things you want/need, do you think that you're paying what they paid to get the merchandise? You're not.

Further, as with anything, it's your responsibility to research. If something seems to high for you or you think that it's too low, rousing your suspicions, the simple thing to do would be not to buy it. I am very careful about who I purchase from and rely on reviews and presentation to aid in my decision. Rarely do I purchase hair off sight along; I have to read a few reviews before I make the decision to purchase.  I have an amount that I won't go over for a bundle but I don't get upset at people and their prices because they have to make a profit. If someone's stuff is too high, I just don't buy it. A lot of you are able to "spot" someone's vendor by sight alone, so you're able to cut out the middle man. But it seems that on BHM, folks get shot down before they ever get a chance to make a name for themselves. Everybody has to start somewhere. If that 'somewhere' doesn't suit you, just leave it alone. As with anything else, the hair business is lucrative...people see that and want to dive in. No, I don't trust folks who appear to know nothing about hair, but I ain't judging them because they want to get involved.

And no, I'm definitely not a vendor but I am a lurker here and see the guns come out far too often.
 
 
 WOW  at this post! You say you are not an AV but do you realise that ""giving people a chance"" means more or less giving them your money? Why would I give an AV a chance when I can spend a fraction with a CV?
 
IMO if you know how to customize your wig, communicate well as well as bleach your own knots etc  you sure can skip that greedy middleman called an AV.
 
I truelly hope you are not an AV because with Alie Express, BBB etc the days of the AV are limited.
 
Unless of course your hair is off the charts. But those AVs who receive hair from China just to repackage it as is, your days are numbered just saying!

Please check the date beside my name and if you're able, see some of the topics I've posted before. I'm definitely not a vendor nor do I have a desire to be but that's mainly because of women who post here about vendors. Aside from that, I don't have the patience or even time to sell hair. I use AliExpress at times just like you guys too. What I'm saying though is that there are SOME people out there who aren't as knowledgable of Aliexpress, Alibaba, etc., that allows "us" to eliminate the middle man if we want to. What my comment was on was for those who DO frequently use AVs, they rarely get a true review of the company because it's always shot down before a chance is given.

Obviously I believe that if someone can get rid of the middle guy, they should go for it but for those who aren't as knowledgable on what to look for (as I was before I learned about hair and such), they do depend on those vendors that are US based and those on places like Youtube who review them.
Back to Top
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 10 2011
Location: On My Throne
Status: Offline
Points: 81759
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by starbrainz starbrainz wrote:

Just wanted to post a comment that I posted in another thread regarding new hair vendors and BHM because I'm genuinely curious.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">How many of you take chances on AVs the same way you do with some of the CVs posted here? What makes me mad (well, not TRUE anger, but you get it) about BHM in general is that most of you (not all) rarely give folks a chance. Of course there is going to be a mark up on the hair because that's called BUSINESS. When you go to Walmart, Target, or any of these other stores that sells things you want/need, do you think that you're paying what they paid to get the merchandise? You're not.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Further, as with anything, it's your responsibility to research. If something seems to high for you or you think that it's too low, rousing your suspicions, the simple thing to do would be not to buy it. I am very careful about who I purchase from and rely on reviews and presentation to aid in my decision. Rarely do I purchase hair off sight along; I have to read a few reviews before I make the decision to purchase.  I have an amount that I won't go over for a bundle but I don't get upset at people and their prices because they have to make a profit. If someone's stuff is too high, I just don't buy it. A lot of you are able to "spot" someone's vendor by sight alone, so you're able to cut out the middle man. But it seems that on BHM, folks get shot down before they ever get a chance to make a name for themselves. Everybody has to start somewhere. If that 'somewhere' doesn't suit you, just leave it alone. As with anything else, the hair business is lucrative...people see that and want to dive in. No, I don't trust folks who appear to know nothing about hair, but I ain't judging them because they want to get involved.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">And no, I'm definitely not a vendor but I am a lurker here and see the guns come out far too often.


You don't seem "Curious" your mind seems pretty made up by your post but I don't get upset by American Vendors prices, I have actually purchased from AV's BUT am I going to purchase hair from a AV who has posted pics of "their" hair where they forgot to remove the Aliexpress hair bands on them? Nope.

Does that make me angry because I am smart with my coins, nope. Am I judging them, NOPE. I don't knock anyones hustle your hustle just cant be me. I will leave the weave snake oil peddlers to people who just don't know better. When you know better you SHOULD do better.

Carry on
Back to Top
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 05 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 105873
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 4:10pm
Your post made you sound like an AV but since I see that you have been here since 2006, I know that you've seen the consequences of us being very open about vendors, tips etc. Quality goes down, our tips are sound as "How- to" instructions, or pics have been misused, stolen, used without our permission etc by other people as well as vendors for their reviews. While I understand both sides, it's a sad consequence that has occurred. Nothing we can do about the past but what made this site so popular also lead to it's downfall. With our economy and it made our pockets start took, I wouldn't even want to take a $400 chance on someone as wouldn't other people. Those youtubers get free wigs or other payment. I don't believe half the sh*t they say and to top that off, after the review everyone jumps on the bandwagon, so quality goes down. I remember the wig vendor lists of good vendors back in '09/''10 those same vendors Ive seen get horrible reviews over the past year when I did research to get back in the game. Holly, Rex, Jacksun all of them had bad reviews and their wigs are about $200-300+. So giving someone a chance is costly. One many of us arent trying to take. 
Back to Top
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 05 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 105873
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Originally posted by starbrainz starbrainz wrote:

Just wanted to post a comment that I posted in another thread regarding new hair vendors and BHM because I'm genuinely curious.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">How many of you take chances on AVs the same way you do with some of the CVs posted here? What makes me mad (well, not TRUE anger, but you get it) about BHM in general is that most of you (not all) rarely give folks a chance. Of course there is going to be a mark up on the hair because that's called BUSINESS. When you go to Walmart, Target, or any of these other stores that sells things you want/need, do you think that you're paying what they paid to get the merchandise? You're not.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Further, as with anything, it's your responsibility to research. If something seems to high for you or you think that it's too low, rousing your suspicions, the simple thing to do would be not to buy it. I am very careful about who I purchase from and rely on reviews and presentation to aid in my decision. Rarely do I purchase hair off sight along; I have to read a few reviews before I make the decision to purchase.  I have an amount that I won't go over for a bundle but I don't get upset at people and their prices because they have to make a profit. If someone's stuff is too high, I just don't buy it. A lot of you are able to "spot" someone's vendor by sight alone, so you're able to cut out the middle man. But it seems that on BHM, folks get shot down before they ever get a chance to make a name for themselves. Everybody has to start somewhere. If that 'somewhere' doesn't suit you, just leave it alone. As with anything else, the hair business is lucrative...people see that and want to dive in. No, I don't trust folks who appear to know nothing about hair, but I ain't judging them because they want to get involved.<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">And no, I'm definitely not a vendor but I am a lurker here and see the guns come out far too often.


You don't seem "Curious" your mind seems pretty made up by your post but I don't get upset by American Vendors prices, I have actually purchased from AV's BUT am I going to purchase hair from a AV who has posted pics of "their" hair where they forgot to remove the Aliexpress hair bands on them? Nope.

Does that make me angry because I am smart with my coins, nope. Am I judging them, NOPE. I don't knock anyones hustle your hustle just cant be me. I will leave the weave snake oil peddlers to people who just don't know better. When you know better you SHOULD do better.

Carry on
Ive seen this too and I hate it. You also will see the SAME damn wig pic on multiple vendor sites. There's thing one wig Ive wanted for years so I know the pic, do you know how many AVs and CVs Ive seen with the same pic and you can tell bc of the background and the necklace on the damn mannequin head! Also I'm not buying a wig if youre showing me the pic of the celebrity. Show me your interpretation of the wig on Beyonce's head, not her!Stern Smile
Back to Top
starbrainz View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 01 2006
Location: GA
Status: Offline
Points: 344
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbrainz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

Your post made you sound like an AV but since I see that you have been here since 2006, I know that you've seen the consequences of us being very open about vendors, tips etc. Quality goes down, our tips are sound as "How- to" instructions, or pics have been misused, stolen, used without our permission etc by other people as well as vendors for their reviews. While I understand both sides, it's a sad consequence that has occurred. Nothing we can do about the past but what made this site so popular also lead to it's downfall. With our economy and it made our pockets start took, I wouldn't even want to take a $400 chance on someone as wouldn't other people. Those youtubers get free wigs or other payment. I don't believe half the sh*t they say and to top that off, after the review everyone jumps on the bandwagon, so quality goes down. I remember the wig vendor lists of good vendors back in '09/''10 those same vendors Ive seen get horrible reviews over the past year when I did research to get back in the game. Holly, Rex, Jacksun all of them had bad reviews and their wigs are about $200-300+. So giving someone a chance is costly. One many of us arent trying to take. 

Okay, I get your point. I rarely trust Youtubers myself because I know that they typically get the hair at no cost in exchange for a favorable review. I was just 'inspired' I guess by the tax season post. I'll continue trying AE vendors, as it's way less expensive (as you stated) than risking higher costs of hair. But there are typically comments here where folks will ask about vendors and if someone mentions a name that seems unfamiliar, it's off with their heads. I do believe that everyone should do their homework and research for the quality/pricing they want but I guess I'm just not cool with the bashing of newbies who try, that's all.

Thanks for your response!
Back to Top
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 10 2011
Location: On My Throne
Status: Offline
Points: 81759
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by starbrainz starbrainz wrote:

[QUOTE=ScorpioLuv]Your post made you sound like an AV but since I see that you have been here since 2006, I know that you've seen the consequences of us being very open about vendors, tips etc. Quality goes down, our tips are sound as "How- to" instructions, or pics have been misused, stolen, used without our permission etc by other people as well as vendors for their reviews. While I understand both sides, it's a sad consequence that has occurred. Nothing we can do about the past but what made this site so popular also lead to it's downfall. With our economy and it made our pockets start took, I wouldn't even want to take a $400 chance on someone as wouldn't other people. Those youtubers get free wigs or other payment. I don't believe half the sh*t they say and to top that off, after the review everyone jumps on the bandwagon, so quality goes down. I remember the wig vendor lists of good vendors back in '09/''10 those same vendors Ive seen get horrible reviews over the past year when I did research to get back in the game. Holly, Rex, Jacksun all of them had bad reviews and their wigs are about $200-300+. So giving someone a chance is costly. One many of us arent trying to take. 


Okay, I get your point. I rarely trust Youtubers myself because I know that they typically get the hair at no cost in exchange for a favorable review. I was just 'inspired' I guess by the tax season post. I'll continue trying AE vendors, as it's way less expensive (as you stated) than risking higher costs of hair. But there are typically comments here where folks will ask about vendors and if someone mentions a name that seems unfamiliar, it's off with their heads. I do believe that everyone should do their homework and research for the quality/pricing they want but I guess I'm just not cool with the bashing of newbies who try, that's all.

Thanks for your response!
[/QUOTE

The Thang is, its not about them mentioning a new vendor that gets them a hard time but its been two separate posters in the "newbie" section pretending to ask questions about "NEW" hair companies that have been exposed to be the companies owner. Its the deceptive tactic that pisses me off, then to be down there with the newbies who some honestly don't know better is disgusting to me.
Back to Top
Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: May 07 2013
Location: NYC
Status: Offline
Points: 32383
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 4:25pm
Just to add a little to what PG wrote...a couple of these vendors come on here with the sly..."I have tried "instead of just plain out saying I am a VENDOR.Then use the pics from their own website has demonstration. People are pinching their pennies and have become smarter in buying hair. Have I bought from an AV...NOPE. I have bought from Sabine...and an Indian Vendor and another vendor(not aliexpress). Where did I get my information...this same board. By reading and using google to pull up additional information. So when people are going to come on the sly ...yes people are going to out them. AND THEIR APPROACH WILL NOT LET BLOGGERS TRUST THEM.
Back to Top
starbrainz View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Sep 01 2006
Location: GA
Status: Offline
Points: 344
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starbrainz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2013 at 4:39pm
Makes sense. When I think of it that way, I def. get it. Thanks BRJ
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down