BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Curls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**New Curly Perms Thread** After 2 Years

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 676869
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Luffy Wig

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MacTes08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacTes08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 20 2013 at 8:09pm
Stylist recommended texturizer thank goodness! and it looks great (i think!)

photo!

http://public.fotki.com/MTeight/my-first-album/img-20130620-00983.html - http://public.fotki.com/MTeight/my-first-album/img-20130620-00983.html
Sponsored Links

Adelaide21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adelaide21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 9:05am
Hi Everyone! I am new to the forum, but I would also like advice about curly perms or texturizers. I have heard and learned a lot through a number of posts concerning curly perms (from breakage to shedding, dryness, and oiliness) but I would really like to know about the possibility of long-term success with the curly perm for kinky-coily or tightly-curled hair. The approximate length of my hair when stretched is about 4.5 inches. I am interested in a curly perm or something more like the one-step chemical process more-so for the appearance and also length with styling. Any advice and information is greatly appreciated. Smile
SMC_UK2014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMC_UK2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 8:16am
Hi All!

Having just read all 69 pages (good and not so good times) with your CP hair, I am still willing to give it a shot but probably go for the CFC. I have been natural for 10+ years and have gone from BSL during my CP days (started off as a teen with CFC then to WN in my early/late 20s) to now NL being natural. I am a low maintenance person and still after 10 years continue to wear my natural hair in a ponytail because I couldn't find till this day my HG products to enable me to wear my hair out. Trust me, and I kid you not, I have tried high end products, organic products to low end products and nothing allows me to wear my hair out and I have envied every natural AA woman rocking their hair out (from the kinkiest to the loose curls) and I believe this has contributed in my mind, why my hair has been breaking off dramatically over the past 3 years by wearing it in a ponytail (almost all products including those aimed for CP hair makes my scalp itch). However, it hasn't helped that I wasn't moisturising my hair particularly my scalp and using eco styler gel daily but for the past 3 months I have started to use virgin coconut oil on my scalp mainly which has stopped the breakage and I have actually started to retain length. However, I am still wearing a ponytail and I long to wear my hair out as I did when I had a CP/WN. My hair is now thin however, back in my CP days it was thick. It also hasn't helped that I used a hair straightener earlier this year, so now I have heat damage. My hair did 100% better when I was CP IMO.

My qs is: would it still be okay to do a CP with heat damaged hair and do any UK ladies (London area) recommend a good hairdresser that do the main 3 CP (Ferm, WN and CFC) please? Many thanks!
shannymatthews View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shannymatthews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 10:17pm
absolutely beautiful !! i love it. thinking if i should do the same.
queen_etuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queen_etuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 28 2014 at 6:11pm
Im going to be getting my first curly perm on thursday! im excited...ive been natural for a little over 3 years and have seen great growth and health in my hair. When i was relaxed it was always breaking or damaged in some way or another. BUT ever since i went natural i have seen nothing but vivacious healthy hair. 

Im nervous but excited. My hairdresser is going to use Wave by design. i cant find any information on it but i trust her...she has been my families and mines hair dresser for the past 10+ years
Gaby123456 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaby123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2014 at 1:36am
Amazing hairstyle Tongue
CammiCutie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CammiCutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2015 at 1:27am
Awesome!Love this sharing.
Sweet Serenity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet Serenity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 21 2015 at 8:00am
Beautiful!!!StarStar
tina evans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tina evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2016 at 8:05pm
good
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
Double Leaf Wig
EvaWigs
Nor-ahs Unique Blends
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 676869
  Share Topic