FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

**New Curly Perms Thread** After 2 Years

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 70>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2011 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Jjoyoyoyo Jjoyoyoyo wrote:

Hey!

I took some shots earlier this morning of my hair, I work around babies so I have to wear a headband of some sort. It is of the front. I am putting the pics on my phone now. It looks way better without it though T.T lol Esp. since the front of my hair was where I had major breakage from the braids, it's finally growing out nicely too =D

Anyways, my hair was wet here still, I didn't really like how it came out to day - I used the curl enhancing smoothie, and then the curling custard on top just for more hold for the day - it was weighed down quite a bit. But not too bad I guess.

Tomorrow I just have class in the afternoon, I will finally have time to shampoo, deep condition, seal, etc. I'm gonna try out my Aubrey Organics GPB conditioner.

Hey so, the shedding that many of you seem to have with the two textures - it is just the same as if you had a relaxer I think when you have two textures like that. Have any of you tried black tea rinses?

I have done those, my hair doesn't shed too much though but I wanted to try them anyways.
I think they are great for shedding. Star

What curl is this?
Sponsored Links

Jjoyoyoyo View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jjoyoyoyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2011 at 3:40pm
I have the gina curl done =)

It's a one step curly perm, so alot of your texture is left, and I've had since last Jan. and still haven't had a touch up, the curls of course fall a little, but since it is a one step process it's still very curly, and have alot of texture. It blends well with my NG. =D

Here are some videos, this is the salon that does it. Gina calls it the gina curl because she dillutes the liquid solution with amino acids, and other proteins...so it's not even a strong chemical being used, and on top of that the process is constantly being slowed down by the proteins in the mix also^^
There is no chance to over process during touch ups because of that I believe.

Here is Gina giving her daughter the gina curl.

Here is a customer getting her re-touch.

Some others on the gina curl.

Smile
Zabrinnna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zabrinnna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2011 at 5:42am
okay Ladies,

I finally took the plunges and gave myself a curly perm. I used a simple alkaline perm. The same perm that most little old white ladies use. It came out great I have ultra tight curls and this cute little fro. I could have used large rods and smoothed my hair more, but I figure for the first time I would use something that blends just in case I made a mistake. Next time I will probably use peach rods, the perm process reforms the bonds of the curl so relaxing beforehand is not necessary, however you do have to make sure the new growth is firmly wraped around the rods for the hair to straighten correctly. I'm going to wait 8-10 weeks before I declare a success, just to make sure there is no breakage.

Edited by Zabrinnna - Nov 01 2011 at 5:43am
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2011 at 7:25am
Interesting, I remember when I was younger my mentor use to put "toni perms" in her hair. This is a curly perm that you use to find in the white sections of the drugstore. I am not sure if they still make them. But her hair always looked good. We thought she was crazy for putting a white perm in her hair. I was a teenager and didn't really know about hair.
Zabrinnna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zabrinnna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2011 at 10:20am
Yes ladies,

I'm just going to clarify, so everyone knows I already have a wave by design, ie jheri curl but this time when I decided to retouch I did so with a traditional white perm. I went to Sallys several times beforehand, compared ingredients over and over again until I felt confident changing chemicals. In reality I don't think there is a difference, because both are thio based in fact I think itsjust a classification, but we will see in a few months. Also I did not do the relaxing step at all, much like the gina curl. It was not even necessary because the sections that were tauntly rolled lost there natural curl pattern. The only place I could see you wanting to relax with curl releaser is maybe the edges because they can be a little difficult to roll.

Will post photos soon...

I rolled first, then drenched the rods with perm the perm sat on my hair for only 20-22 minutes the time it took to soak the rods in solution and process under the cap.

Edited by Zabrinnna - Nov 01 2011 at 10:24am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by Choongy Choongy wrote:

^^^^you dont want a curl anymore or you just want to straighten it?
I'm debating it. I havent made up my mind yet. The way my hair is now, is nothing like what it was whwn I originally had a curl when I was younger. Idk if its bc I have a wv instead of a cfc or bc I didnt fully grow my hair out. The right side of my head right now wont curl. Its like the curl washed out. I washed it last week, put activator in it and the curl never came back and that side was originally the side whose curl I liked better. Idk wtf happened. My hair is also dry as heck. Normally when you have a curl your hair is NEVER dry. Confused
Choongy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Choongy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 4:30pm
oh no im sorry scorp, I think you might be better off gettin a stylist to give you a cfc next time it seems to work better for stepshe and teeder too it could be that u didnt transition fullly and those bits are remnants of relaxer and will never curl but if they curled in the past you may be able to rule that out because it would be strange for them to curl if theyre relaxed still right

i hope i made sense writing that i woke up not too long ago LOL

with dryness i always mix in some conditioner vo5 moisture milks i think is a good one i went to the bss to buy some more coz theyre so cheap and they didnt have any Cry i may try another bss 2mrw
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2011 at 4:43pm

oh no im sorry scorp, I think you might be better off gettin a stylist to give you a cfc next time it seems to work better for stepshe and teeder too it could be that u didnt transition fullly and those bits are remnants of relaxer and will never curl but if they curled in the past you may be able to rule that out because it would be strange for them to curl if theyre relaxed still right

with dryness i always mix in some conditioner vo5 moisture milks i think is a good one i went to the bss to buy some more coz theyre so cheap and they didnt have any Cry i may try another bss 2mrw
I think I'll go for a touch up and switch to cfc and try to stick with it for another 3 months otherwise I'm cutting this off and I already picked out a lw. LOL

Ive learned most stylists in nyc dont do cfc, only wn. So hopefully it works out well with the stylist that did my hair before. 
MiZzChRiSsEe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MiZzChRiSsEe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2011 at 1:22am
I finally got a care free curl! My hair was so many different lengths due to breakage, cuts, damage from braids, etc. My hair didn't take the curl too well on the ends. the stylist gave me a wavy curl pattern, and cut my hair into a bob style. I dont really like how she styled it, but I know she did it because my hair was so uneven. I like the curl pattern though. I know I will really like this style when my hair grows longer. At first, my hair was below CBL, and now with the cut and curl, it's ear length at the longest parts.I can't wait for it to grow out!

Just a few questions ladies:
1. How do you wear your hair at night? Do you wrap it? Or do you just use a scarf/bonnet?

2. For some reason, the stylist put gel in my hair when she was trying to style it. Now the gel dried up, but it makes my hair feel hard. I really want to rinse the gel out, even if I just use water. Is it ok for me to rinse my hair already?

3. My stylist told me that I should wash and DC my hair in 2 weeks. However, I'm worried that I might lose the curl pattern since my hair didnt take it all the way. Do you think the curls will stay in?

TIA ladies!
Choongy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Choongy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2011 at 1:51am
Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

I think I'll go for a touch up and switch to cfc and try to stick with it for another 3 months otherwise I'm cutting this off and I already picked out a lw. LOL

Ive learned most stylists in nyc dont do cfc, only wn. So hopefully it works out well with the stylist that did my hair before. 
awww i hope it works out for you, its bad tho because the products are available for them to buy i dont see why they cant accommodate you if that is your preference you shouldnt be dissatisfied because they want to use something else after all it is your money and they know this, i bet that lw is pretty as hell lol
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5354555657 70>
  Share Topic