FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

**New Curly Perms Thread** After 2 Years

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 70>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrsLisa12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsLisa12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2010 at 3:01pm
I just got my touch up after 11 wks, I couldn't take it any longer. My first application was a mild and my hair wouldn't straighten so my curls were a little frizzy and i had to use more product because my hair wasn't responding. I tried to stretch it out.

Now it is better. I am using a little of the care free curl products but I want to use something else, especially when my hair gets longer. Any suggestion beside the v-violet product that I will check out. I bag in the morning while dressing.

I love this time around, I had a curl when I was 12. No drips and it feels natural. NO pillow stains, YEA
Sponsored Links

ringwoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringwoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2010 at 6:37pm
I am thinking of getting a curly perm for the first time, and I have no idea where to start. My hair is about 8-10 inches long and is super kinky, like motherland kinky - and I need some help and a bit of guidance as to what I should start off with..
stephshe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephshe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2010 at 10:11pm
Hi ringwozSmile, I started out with carefree curl but you probably need to search to find a stylist that is really good with curly perms because that can make a world of difference in your results. Many of the ladies use Ferm, Wave nouveau, wave by design and right now I'm using v-violet body wave.

MsLisa- before I used v-violet I was using s-curl lite activator gel and occasionally hawaiian silky dry hair spray. MathJunkie said she's been using some or the curl product like from target(she posted on page 1). I also used Curl Keeper from Organics I believe, it's more of a lotion and I got it from walgreens. ( I seriously need to get rid of all the products I have right now Embarrassed)
OoOBeautyMelOoO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoOBeautyMelOoO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2010 at 4:11pm
OMG.....your hair progress is phenomenal!!Clap Such an inspirtation! I got a carefree curl put on my head about 4 months ago and I absolutely love it. Its the best thing I have ever done to my head!! Retaining my hair had never been so easy, and Im lucky to find a stylist who knows what they are doing!! I hope my hair is that length in 2 years!Clap
ajsolutions2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajsolutions2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2010 at 11:18am
Do you live in GA? I am trying to find a stylist to this process on my hair...also do you do usually do a protien treatment or any treatments before you get your curly perm?
stephshe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephshe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 31 2010 at 1:55pm
Hi AJ, no I'm in Texas but if you have a good stylist that you want to use my stylist can sell them the system and tell them any advice they might need.

I don't do any treatments before my retouch at all.
Choongy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Choongy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 01 2010 at 11:02am
wow so beautiful i have been tranistioning/stretching for 5months now im going to decide in december if i will continue to relax or get a perm stepshe your hair keeps swaying me to the perm side its so beautiful 
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2010 at 7:41pm
Your hair has grown indeed@Stephshe

Originally posted by Choongy Choongy wrote:

wow so beautiful i have been tranistioning/stretching for 5months now im going to decide in december if i will continue to relax or get a perm stepshe your hair keeps swaying me to the perm side its so beautiful 

I think that if you're choosing between relaxing and perming, the options are more versatile with perming i.m.o., because once you set it with rods you won't have to set it again after wearing your hair straight and washing it will come back to the curls or waves(depends on the rodsize)that you had before heatstyling.Only time the rods are set again are with the touch ups.
Also, stretching/transitioning from a curlperm is easier as it takes longer for the difference to become obvious than if you stretch/transition from relaxing for if you ever decide on something different.
JayySlay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayySlay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2010 at 10:05pm
hi ladies once again ! Im Jelecia / JaySlay from the other curly perm thread.
but I have a question for all of you.
Right now I am in Taipei, Taiwan studying abroad for a year and I dont think that they will have carefree curl or any type of curly perm that I am used to. Do any of you have any advice about how I could take care of my hair?

Right now I have micros and my hair is already growing fast after about 4 weeks.
Ritle View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2010 at 1:50am
Originally posted by JayySlay JayySlay wrote:

hi ladies once again ! Im Jelecia / JaySlay from the other curly perm thread.
but I have a question for all of you. Right now I am in Taipei, Taiwan studying abroad for a year and I dont think that they will have carefree curl or any type of curly perm that I am used to. Do any of you have any advice about how I could take care of my hair? Right now I have micros and my hair is already growing fast after about 4 weeks.

You can maintain your hair by moisturising and sealing, this can be done by leaving conditioner in instead of washing it out and sealing with an oil/sealant and then maintaining it throughout the week with a spritz of diluted conditioner (conditioner mixed with water and the oil to seal the moisture). Or you can use any other moisturiser of your choice.
I don't know what your natural texture is, but if your new growth doesn't curl, then the best way to blend the looks together is with a twist out or braidout(this can be achieved with as little as 8 sections or less even), perhaps a (flexi)rodset or curlformers.
Usually the maintenance products for curlperm are suitable for natural hair, therefore you can actually continue using them on your hair.
In the natural section there are tips for transitioners, though your intention might not be to transition, the way you treat your hair right now does apply to such regarding the demarcation line and all.
Heatstyling can be done, but is not advised when there's allot of newgrowth(later down the line) due to the fragility of the demarcation line, however if you must, make sure to use a heatprotectant (with sillicone, do not use any oils as heatprotectant) and make sure to not go any higher than 200 degrees celsius/400 degrees farenheit with the temperature.A style created with heat can last as long as two weeks without applying any more heat if you wrap it in/under a silk/satin scraf or something close to it at night. When you shower cover it with a plastic showercap, I'd even wait with unwrapping and just put the showercap over the wrapped hair.
In any other cases a satin pillowcase should do the trick as well, but
with heatstyling I'd advise extra care to limit the amount of heat(the longer your style remains, the less times you'll need to retouch it).

Edited by Ritle - Sep 04 2010 at 1:58am
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 70>
  Share Topic