BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Curls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

**New Curly Perms Thread** After 2 Years

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 69>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stephshe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stephshe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **New Curly Perms Thread** After 2 Years
    Posted: Aug 15 2010 at 4:48pm
Hi ladiesSmile. I started this new curly perm thread since this is officially my 2nd year anniversary of having the curly perm and the other thread is over 90 pages I think. So please lets post all the new stuff in this one so that newbies won't have sooo much to read.

The first post is still great to read though but lets keep the newer stuff here

Ok well I got my retouch on Friday and boy my hair has really grown in this 2 years. I think I am back to the length I was before I ever cut my hair. I think I can say that I now and at bra strap length while straight(at least in the back). Here is a pic, it's wet in this pic. I can't wait until my hair is this long when curlySmile

Edited by stephshe - Aug 15 2010 at 5:04pm
Sponsored Links

stephshe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote stephshe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2010 at 4:50pm
This time I stuck with the orange and peach rods but my stylist added a few purple rods in the front. I took these pics today

stephshe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephshe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2010 at 4:52pm
one more

stephshe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephshe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2010 at 5:03pm
I bought some v-violet products while I was at the salon too. I've been using the oil moist which is a light hair dress lotion that lets your hair keep that dry look and feel while keeping it hydrated because it had glycol in it too. I also got more of the body wave gel which is a light activator gel and doesnt leave your hair greasy. I got some conditioners too. If anyone is interested in purchasing any of the v-violet products my stylist said that he can ship them to you even internationally. I asked him if a professional stylist from another city could buy the v-violet body wave system from him and he said yes. So ladies if you have a stylist that is willing to use v-violet then they can get them from him and he said he will even tell them how to use it or give them tipsSmile. Pm me if anyone wants his number to buy productsWink.

I have really been loving this v-violet although I loved carefree curl too but I got more shedding from carefree curl. This product barely sheds at ally for me which helps me to retain more length. I'm excited about this next year with the curly perm.

Here's the link to my fotki with all my progress from beginning to now. Copy and paste unless you can make it clickable because I don't know how Embarrassed

http://public.fotki.com/stephshe/curly-perm/

Talk to ya later ladies and thanks to everyone that continues to update their progress and advice because I remember when I couldn't find any info on curly perms other than searching old old posts.

Edited by stephshe - Aug 15 2010 at 5:20pm
Akpknuako View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akpknuako Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2010 at 2:26am
absolutely gorgeous. you are my hair inspiration.
I am also interested in the products!, please pm me the info,
Thanks so much!

Edited by Akpknuako - Aug 16 2010 at 2:33am
stephshe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephshe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2010 at 9:22am
Thanks AkpknuakoSmile, pm sent!
MathJunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MathJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2010 at 8:11pm
Absolutely beautiful Stephshe! Is the v-violet site the only source of info on their products? 
stephshe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephshe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2010 at 8:55pm
Thanks MathJunkieSmile!

I had never even heard of v-violet products until he told me that he was now using these products so I guess it's pretty new. They actually had a booth at the Bonner Brothers Hair show in Atlanta. I don't really know much about them but he did tell me that it's a black owned company and from my personal experience the products I have used have been great especially with the shedding I sometimes experienced with the carefree curl. I'll definetly post honest reviews when I actually use some of the other products I bought.
MathJunkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MathJunkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2010 at 9:39pm
Thanks. I went back to Ferm Perm but am having problems with shedding. I don't recall such shedding with Wave by Design and my stylist agreed to use Wave by Design. This weekend, I bought some really awesome products. I am trying the Shea Moisture products and Curls by Target. So far I am impressed. I am mixing and matching, so I don't know what products are working the best. None of the products contain sulfate, petroleum, etc. They are much better than the typical curl activators/moisturizers. 
Sheryse View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheryse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2010 at 9:09am
beautiful!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 69>