Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ***NEW***  --2013 WAIST LENGTH CHALL--  ***PICS***
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

***NEW*** --2013 WAIST LENGTH CHALL-- ***PICS***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
RedAdmiral101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedAdmiral101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2012 at 7:20am
Im aiming for waist by Dec 12 or by Feb 13.anybody here a short person like me? Lol
Sponsored Links

miss78723 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss78723 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2012 at 12:50am
Hello Ladies, I am so sorry I haven't kept my word to check twice a month.
I just let life get the best of me.

Bre - I am so sorry I never poped back in to give you endless thanks for telling me to google
Waistlength hair! It was sooo motivating drooling over all my hair crushes.
Thanks a million

As of now no length retention. :-( But I wasn't following my protective style rules.
But that was a month ago and I am a month heat free now!!! I am so proud! It's all about
My bun. Length check was sept around the 12th. Still just at the 10 on my length check shirt.
4 1/2" away from the goal. My eyes are on the prize now!

Ciara2015 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciara2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 12:56pm
Just washed my hair last night/protein treatment, I let my deep conditioner stay in over night & when I unwrapped my hair it was grazing brastrap (officially have no idea how that happened lol) but anywho I started taking maca root & msm about a week or so ago so maybe that's what I'm seeing
miss78723 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss78723 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 9:49pm
Hey ladies,

Happy Turkey Day!!!
miss78723 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miss78723 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 8:37am

This was from Thanksgiving maintained only an inch since aug. not what I wanted but I will take it.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 1:27pm
Is anyone still in this challenge?

I am too scared to try the sulfur thing that the other girls are using, so I researched some.
I want waist length hair before my birthday in March. I am currently using this Brazilian product I found on Amazon for 10 bucks with shipping. It requires nine applications, 3x a week, and you have to leave it on your scalp for 2 hours.
Downside: it smells like garlic!!

The cool thing is that it shows on the side how much to apply per time.

My hair is pretty much boob length; I didn't wash it or brush it before taking this pic, especially since I had already applied the tonic (it translates to that) on my scalp.
I had a hard time taking this pic, but here is from behind:

I already ordered a second bottle of this thing because it requires application for 3 months. I have not seen results yet. I have been using it for about 2 weeks.

Ingredients listed: Alcohol, Sativum Extract, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Extarct, Parfum, CI 19140, Allium Sativum, Aqua (Water).

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 1:28pm
I wonder if anyone here achieve the WL

Edited by sexyandfamous - Aug 28 2013 at 1:32pm
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 2:19pm
Oh damn, I just read the first post! Too many rules! No wonder people stopped updating.
They were supposed to be giving their final update early this month Cry
I am going to do my way. My goal is to achieve this waist length before Christmas, but to be realistic, I will aim to achieve that before my birthday in March.
My hair has pretty much been APL or BSB my whole life, but grew some after I used Monovin, which is a Brazilian product impossible to get here in the US. I don't have it anymore, and this month I started on this Brazilian tonic called Gota Dourada, which I posted photos of on my previous post.

Some background: I am mixed, and I was born and raised in a hot, tropical country. My hair was something between 2b and 3b. Very dry, very voluminous yet thin, with small little curls. After moving to the US, it seemed as if my hair "cooled" down a bit. The volume decreased a tiny bit (especially during Winter) and the curls diminished somehow. I had virgin hair and I did two Brazilian Keratin Treatments. My hair now is wavy, has less volume and the curls are gone.

The Monovin treatment I did for about 6 months, I think, but I wasn't following instructions and sometimes I forgot to do it, and didn't see any results until my hair was straight thanks to the Brazilia Keratin treatment. I haven't cut my hair since early 2011 and don't plan in doing anytime soon. My mother trimmed my hair about 5 months ago Embarrassed

My hair now is boob length or mid-back length. Waist length will make me happy but if this tonic works or if I can get my hands on Monovin again, I will try for tailbone lenght!

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2013 at 4:29pm
I forgot to add! I am waiting to receive this shampoo bar that I purchased off etsy; it is made with nettle leafs, rosemary, castor and coconut oil

I read somewhere that nettles are good for hair growth, and I will take advantage of this shampoo bar. I will probably get it next week. Here's the link to buy it if anyone feel like trying it too:

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/147416484?ref=fb2_tnx_image
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 06 2013 at 1:40pm
I received the shampoo bar soap sometime last week. I don't like the smell it leaves after I wash my head.
I cut a quarter of it and I rub it against my dog's belly when I bathe it to see if it will grow hair on his belly, since he lost some.
My first bottle of the garlic tonic ended and on Sunday I am starting the second bottle. Will be using it 3x a week and based on the results of the tonic and the shampoo bar, I might buy a third bottle.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23242526>