Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ***NEW***  --2013 WAIST LENGTH CHALL--  ***PICS***
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

***NEW*** --2013 WAIST LENGTH CHALL-- ***PICS***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 26>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
DeniceDoes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeniceDoes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2012 at 12:45pm
I've been away from this forum for a couple of weeks because I have had a really busy time at work, but I have managed to keep up with my routine so though I would check in as things have got calmer now!!

I have been taking MSM and Spirulina daily. Co-washing once a week. Doing a moisture DC once a week with wheatgerm oil -> Boots ingredients coconut and almond hair mask -> safflower oil layered on my hair over night. I have been using the search and destroy method to trim any split ends and protective styling 100% of the time. I have also been using a Jamaican Black Castor oil mix on my scalp after I wash and co-wash in the hope of gaining a few extra millimeters!!

WOOP WOOP! I hope this all pays off Wink

Edited by DeniceDoes - Aug 25 2012 at 12:46pm
Sponsored Links

breBR3bre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breBR3bre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2012 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Ciara2015 Ciara2015 wrote:

I washed my hair yesterday with miracle 7 keratin shampoo & I used this protein packet called Henna & Placenta (sounds weird lol). I left it in only for a hour (I have to go somewhere today so I didn't let it stay in all night like I usually do) but once I washed it out & let my hair dry it was soo soft & manageable
LOL I love henna n placenta it's the best thing I ever tried on my hair. I got tired of buying those packets every week so I purchased the bottle online.
Ciara2015 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciara2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2012 at 4:29pm
My hair literally feels like a wig I'm gonna keep buying this stuff since its like 98 cents
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2012 at 12:43am
There was a lot of build-up on my scalp and hair from the beeswax, so I decided to wash. I think I'll limit my beeswax application to once a week instead of applying it daily.

Here's a recap of my washing process:
- Washed w/Black Soap
- Conditioned w/V05 MM
- Steamed w/Hooded Dryer, turbans, plastic caps, etc.
- Detangled w/Seamless shower comb
- Rinsed with cool water and rosemary tea

After washing, I dried my hair with a cotton tee for about 20 mins. Since my hair was still damp, I blow-dried it, alternating between the cool and warm heat settings. Then I oiled my scalp with WGO and cornrowed. Since my hair is almost always in cornrows under my wig, I decided to switch up the braiding pattern to prevent permanent parts...

assiyrabomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiyrabomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2012 at 10:01am
Clap Gorgeous hair!!!

Originally posted by GoodGirlGoneGr8 GoodGirlGoneGr8 wrote:

There was a lot of build-up on my scalp and hair from the beeswax, so I decided to wash. I think I'll limit my beeswax application to once a week instead of applying it daily.

Here's a recap of my washing process:
- Washed w/Black Soap
- Conditioned w/V05 MM
- Steamed w/Hooded Dryer, turbans, plastic caps, etc.
- Detangled w/Seamless shower comb
- Rinsed with cool water and rosemary tea

After washing, I dried my hair with a cotton tee for about 20 mins. Since my hair was still damp, I blow-dried it, alternating between the cool and warm heat settings. Then I oiled my scalp with WGO and cornrowed. Since my hair is almost always in cornrows under my wig, I decided to switch up the braiding pattern to prevent permanent parts...

assiyrabomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiyrabomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2012 at 10:06am
Just wanted give a mini update. I cut off about a 1-1.5 inches of hair. I'm sad but it had to be done. I had so many splits uggh! Now I'm grazing BSL instead of grazing MBL. It'll grow back.

I also just received a shipment of Wen yesterday. I kept hearing all these raves about it and decided to try. I'm going to use it today when I wash. I also am going to be reinstalling a curly u-part wig with hair I bought from Kevin later. Back to the weaves for me. 
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2012 at 12:47pm
Thanks assiyrabomb!

I've used Wen before...it made my hair really clean and soft! I would definitely use it again...
breBR3bre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breBR3bre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2012 at 3:59pm
I'm due for a protein treatment this week. I'm hitting that point again just like I did towards the end of last summer where the GHE is not working for meUnhappy After I remove the shower cap, scarf, and anything else I have on my head my hair is still dry, no steam, no moisture at all. Any hoo I'll post another pic in two weeks when I'm done with my current bottle of hairfinity. When I start my next bottle I'll be adding extra msm, biotin, and folic acid.
breBR3bre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breBR3bre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 11:55am
 Hey ladies how is everyone doing?

small update: I went back to the heat. Buns were getting boring and I couldn't deal with the hit or miss with twist outs, braid outs, bantu knot outs, etc. Yup last nite I had it and picked up my blow dryer and flat ironBroken Heart. I'm not going back to straightening weekly maybe once a month. For some odd reason I think my hair grows faster when I use heatGeek idunno it's probably in my head. But I do take better care of my hair when it's straight, i.e. more moisturizing, scalp massages, etc.

I also am dropping hairfinity. Idk what changed but it doesn't seem to be doing much for me anymore. Instead I'll just take a multi-vitamin, msm, biotin, and folic acid.
I'm also finally gonna try that Hair Trigger I bought. Still hoping to be close to that 8 at the end of the year.
Ciara2015 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciara2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2012 at 2:20pm
I am considering getting a full sew in but I need a little help b/c I have no idea about the upkeep like washing & caring for my hair underneath... So all advice is welcome
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 26>
  Share Topic