Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ***NEW***  --2013 WAIST LENGTH CHALL--  ***PICS***
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

***NEW*** --2013 WAIST LENGTH CHALL-- ***PICS***

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
spice415 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spice415 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ***NEW*** --2013 WAIST LENGTH CHALL-- ***PICS***
    Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 10:52am
 Hey everyone,

I want to start a Waist Length Challenge for those just starting out in the summer, since alot of the older ones have already began and are near completion. So this is a challenge for those who need support in taking on a year long challenge. Despite popular belief black hair can maintain extensive growth however one must care for it properly, eat right and maintain a healthy lifestyle! 

Registration begins: 

* * * NOW - AUG, 1 2012! * * *

- post your starting photo here or to to http://photobucket.com/wlhairchallenge2013 

NB ---> This photobucket makes one big album instead of having to go to individual fotiki links so thats why we choose this method instead, so everyone's photos are all in one place and makes for better organization. ;)

- post your starting length, expected WL date
 - post your current hair state (relaxed/transitioning/natural) - If relaxed, incl last perm date. 
 - 3 short term goals (could be milestones, bad habit breaking, )
 - post your **DETAILED** regimen (all vitamins, supplements, oils and growth aids)

--- THE RULES ---
  1. Protective styling 75 to 100% of the week
  2. Deep condition (min 1 hour) at least once a week.
  3. Protein treatment at least once a month(or modify for your hair)
  4. Moisturising deep conditioner at least once a month (or modify for your hair)
  5. Dusting is allowed but you can only trim 1 1/2 inch max twice in 12 month period and only if much needed
  6. Baggy ends at least 4 days a week (gold level 5 days a week and platinum level 7 days a week!)
  7. Pre-poo, co-wash etc all to your own requirements
  8. Length of hair can only be revealed max 5 times during challenge period and only on special occasions (wedding/birthday etc) until big reveal! This is so you shock the hell out of all those who did'nt beleive it was possible for you to attain waistlength with you own hair!
  9. (Optional extras) Bronze level - heat allowed only 2 x a month . Gold level - heat allowed only 1 x a month. Plaitnum level - no heat allowed!
  10. (Optional extras) 64oz water daily for Bronze and 96oz water daily Gold/Platinum
  11.  (Optional extras) Daily hair related supplement like biotin or vitamin b complex etc!

TO MAKE THINGS MORE INTERESTING, different levels of dedication to the challenge!

Bronze level
Pick 4 out of 8 of the rules to follow for the challenge (number 1 must be one of your choices as it is important for retaining growth!)

Gold level
Pick 6 out of 8 of the rules to follow for the challenge (number 1 must be one of your choices as it is important for retaining growth!)

Plaitnum level
 All the rules are followed! (optional extras are like it says optional!)

Updates: 
at least 3x a month 

Photo Check-Ins:  
2x a month by the 15th of each month and end of each month  

Photo Finish: 
Clap AUG 1, 2013 Clap

ConfusedDeadCry YOU MUST KEEP UP WITH YOUR CHECK INS OR YOU WILL BE LEFT BEHIND!!! ConfusedDeadCry

Clap THIS ACTS AS MOTIVATION FOR EVERYONE AS WELL AS FOR YOUR PERSONAL PROGRESS!!! Clap

This forum unlike others will be a sisterhood, acting as a support system to achieve WL hair in a year. So we must stick to posting regularly to motivate each other. Therefore the posting rules will be heavily stressed. We understand that life happens and we might forget to post or two. However if a challenger has missed a month of posting you will be dropped. 

Clap A challenge like this will take dedication, discipline and staying on top of your regimen! We are all here to support each other, so we must stick together ladies! Clap

Your Starting Info:

Photos: http://photobucket.com/wlhairchallenge2013
Starting Length: 
Hair Status:
Last Relaxer:
Expect to Achieve WL by:
My Short Term Goals:

Regimen:

StarClap * CHALLENGERS LIST * * * ClapStar
 (Only challengers who have provided all info will be included.)

Pre-registered participants:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!

Edited by spice415 - Jul 12 2012 at 5:10pm
Sponsored Links

spice415 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spice415 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 5:08pm
So i'll be the first to post and document my journey to waist length hair here. I wanted to take this on, since after 6 months of neglecting my healthy hair and using moose since I loved rodding my hair. However I'd leave the stiff moose in for weeks at a time.

So after this pic (May 5th) I probably left the moose in for a good while, and dreaded looking at it. I was so busy with school and work that I never even had the time to put a comb through it. I still ate my fruits with oatmeal every morning, about a little over 16 oz of water a day but was not on it as rigorously as I was when I was disciplined about my hair and had great growth. I was also still taking my Biotin pills and mulivitamin pills missing a few days at a time.

It was after I went to the Dominican hair salon and had a wash and blow out I saw how healthy and well my hair had held up through my negligence so I VOWED right after leaving the salon with my new bouncy hair that I would never neglect her again and ensure I care for her, and went straight to the beauty supply store and got a ton of hair care products.

I've done my research and have also visited the health food store near me and got a slew of vitamins and oils. I've made my own concotions from the oils as well as the hair products into one bottle with a tappered tip, and makes for such an EASY, non messy application since nothing touches my hands.

I just started on my vitamin regumine yesterday which includes 11 separate capsules, and 6 separate oils. In addition I'll be doing a homemade deep condition treatment this weekend. I'm excited to see the results over the next few weeks and would enjoy the the support of 2 or 3 other girls to make this journey with together.

Photos: http://photobucket.com/wlhairchallenge2013
Starting Length: APL
Hair Status: Transitioning
Last Relaxer: March 2012
Expect to Achieve WL by:  Jul 2013
My Short Term Goals:
1. Keep up with my supplements/moisturizing/dc regimen
2. Limit my mintball/sweet intake
3. More sleep/water

Edited by spice415 - Jul 12 2012 at 5:23pm
spice415 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spice415 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 12 2012 at 9:03pm
I just made the following goals for myself...

Start - APL - JULY 12 (NOW)

BSL  - Oct 12
MBL - Dec 12

So giving myself 6 months to get to MBL and the other 6 months to get to WL!

Smile

GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2012 at 7:07pm
I'd like to join! At this time, I'm somewhere between SL and APL. I can commit to rules 1, 4, 6, and 8. I plan on lowering my hair manipulation to 1x/month, so I'll only have 1 photo check-in/month.

Starting Info:

Photos: I have a fotki, but for convenience, I'll just post 'em here
Starting Length: Somewhere between SL and APL
Last Relaxer Texlaxer: April 30th 2012
Expect to Achieve WL by: June 2013

My Short Term Goals:
1. Thicker ends
2. Thicker Edges
3. Water intake of at least 70. oz/day

Regimen:

Daily Regimen:
- PS daily (half- or 3/4 wig)
- Baggy/GHE under my wig and at night
- Apply sulfur oil mix to scalp nightly
- Massage JBCO to edges nightly
- Massage scalp nightly
- Drink tea blend nightly

Wash Day Regimen (happens 1x/month)
- Co-wash w/V05
- While conditioner is still in hair, detangle w/wide tooth shower comb
- Towel dry then evenly distribute WGO into hair
- Either air dry or blow dry on cool setting
- Cornrow hair like so...

Starting pics:

BLOWN OUT:

STRAIGHTENED:

Edited by GoodGirlGoneGr8 - Jul 13 2012 at 7:08pm
spice415 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spice415 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2012 at 2:51am
Welcome GoodGirlGoneGr8!

They won't allow me to update the original list so i'll just do it here along with the levels of commitment

* * * UPDATED CHALLENGERS LIST * * * 

1) Spice415 (PLATINUM)
2) GoodGirlGoneGr8 (BRONZE)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Edited by spice415 - Jul 14 2012 at 2:53am
spice415 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spice415 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2012 at 3:14am
Great to have you on board to make this journey with GoodGirlGoneGr8! I'm looking forward to the support in making us both disciplined in reaching this goal! Your hair is looking healthy and great!

More short term goals i've recently set

1) Obtain more health ends and edges
2) Obtain more body/volume/thickness
3) Get ample sleep at nights
4) More vegetables in diet (apart from my salads)
5) More protein in my diet (currently only nuts on my oatmeal and chicken)
6) Gradually incorporate work outs within the week

Regimen:

DAILY

Externally

- PS daily via wraps (changing the direction each day)
- Oil hairline 360 head with pomade/doo gro mixture
- Oil scalp with homemade mixture of 5 natural oils + Mizani Rose H20 +  Doo Grow
- Massage scalp application
- Will start baggy treatment tomorrow (got the instruments needed for it today)

Internally

- Oatmeal topped with fruits/nuts
- Aloe Vera and ACV added to each glass of water
- Supplements after breakfast
     -- Vit A/B12/C/E
     -- Iron
     -- Zinc
     -- Tea Tree Oil (pills)
     -- Korean Ginseng
     -- Dong Quai Root
     -- Flax Seed Oil
     -- Biotin
     -- Multivitamin (in the evening after dinner to give myself time to rid some of the others)

Wash Day (Weekly - (Sundays))

Deep Condition Treatment

- 2 Eggs
- 2 Garlic cloves crushed
- Hair mayonnaise
- Honey
- Conditioner
- Mizani Rose H20
- Steam Cap...Sit for 6 hours
- Poo/Condition
- Towel then low blow dry

Protein Treatment (1x month)

- DCT
- Poo/Condition
- Apogee System

Edited by spice415 - Jul 14 2012 at 7:18am
Ciara2015 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciara2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2012 at 4:29pm
I'm gonna commit to: 1,3,4,5,7,& 11
I'm going to wear my hair in PS 4 days out of the week (or more)

Starting Info:

Photo: http://s1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh598/Ciara_2015/?action=view¤t=1342300731.jpg
Starting Length: Shoulder Blade Length & APL
Last Relaxer: May 16th 2012
Expect to Achieve WL by: July 2013

My Short Term Goals: 
1. Healthier hair (no breakage)
2.Water intake 33oz EVERYDAY(:
3. Become more familiar with my hair 
Regimen:
Daily Regimen:
- PS weekly (pony tails, buns, twist outs)
- Massage scalp nightly with black castor oil/coconut oil mix
- Take vitamin & hair pills 
- Leave in conditioner & castor oil seal (every day or every other day

Wash Day Regimen (every 2 weeks)
- Co-wash w/V05
- While conditioner is still in hair, detangle w/wide tooth shower comb
- Either air dry or blow dry on low or cool 
- Wrap afterwards or twist out
redbone.savage View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbone.savage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2012 at 7:02pm

Bookmarking this challenge, hopefully i can get a starting pic before aug 1st deadline because i just got an install today :) but good luck ladies (I'll be back) Embarrassed ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. CTRL+F5 reloads the whole page.

AmberColour View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberColour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 14 2012 at 7:22pm
Oh cool!Thumbs Up
I did not see this challenge before, but I might be back with the starting info. before Aug (which is next month, lolLOL).
I tend to be off and on with posting on here sometimes.
I am wanting to get WL in 2013, but I'm not sure if I will get there in the 12 months I expect to (which would be average growth as well).
I think I'll just wait to see if someone makes a challenge at the EOTY in the main growth section.
spice415 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spice415 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2012 at 7:35pm
Welcome Ciara2015!

They won't allow me to update the original list so i'll just do it here along with the levels of commitment

* * * UPDATED CHALLENGERS LIST * * * 

1) Spice415 (PLATINUM)
2) GoodGirlGoneGr8 (BRONZE)
3) Ciara2015 (GOLD)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair