Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Never had weave before! HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
MILLER2607 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MILLER2607 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Never had weave before! HELP!
    Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 10:21am
My daughter wants a weave for the first time. She is 16, with natural hair. All her relaxer is cut off, but she doesn't have highlights. So, her hair isn't extrememly fragile. Her hair is about a C3 or C4. Maybe 4A. She is mixed. So its really curly, but also really fine.
She wants a full sewin, invisible part, no hair left out. Should she ask for a net? Do we need an invisible closure? Neither of us are even familiar with all the correct terms  and the different options.
She would like to be able to wear her weave on either side and possibly up in a ponytail. What should we all ask for?
She is buying 12" and 14" Remi Virgin hair, probably straight. Maybe Ocean Wave is an option too.

Thank you for any advice or suggestions.

ps. Anywhere near Lansing, MI to get this done???

Thank you again!
Sponsored Links

kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2013 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by MILLER2607 MILLER2607 wrote:

My daughter wants a weave for the first time. She is 16, with natural hair. All her relaxer is cut off, but she doesn't have highlights. So, her hair isn't extrememly fragile. Her hair is about a C3 or C4. Maybe 4A. She is mixed. So its really curly, but also really fine.
She wants a full sewin, invisible part, no hair left out. Should she ask for a net? Do we need an invisible closure? Neither of us are even familiar with all the correct terms  and the different options.

She would like to be able to wear her weave on either side and possibly up in a ponytail. What should we all ask for?

She is buying 12" and 14" Remi Virgin hair, probably straight. Maybe Ocean Wave is an option too.

Thank you for any advice or suggestions.

ps. Anywhere near Lansing, MI to get this done???

Thank you again!

Well if she wants a full sew in u have a couple of options ... u can get a versatile sew in... Since she wants to do a pony tail she can have minimal leave out with the perimeter left out and a leave out at the top

Or she can get a full sew in with a closure but leave the perimeter out for pony tails

And if u want u can look on YouTube for sew in options that she can use to be able to do the sew ins that fit her taste etc. It's a lot of helpful videos on YouTube
iluvmihair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iluvmihair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 2:59am
I'm sure there's some shops in Detroit and Ann Arbor where you can get this done. I agree with kandy about Youtube, because there is a lot of videos that will help you get a better idea of that to expect. for a first weave, I think she should know that it might hurt, because of the braiding and the sewing. Like, it's braiding pain x2 because of the sewing. I think she should try it with some leave out first, that's how my first weave was because it helped me figure out what kind of hair did and did not go with my hair. (I don't do silky bone straight hair, there's not enough blending in the world). I do wish you guys all the best!
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 10:42am
I wouldn't suggest an invisible part because in two weeks, the part will look like when moses parted the red sea. I'm assuming she want straight hair. She could get a full sew in with a bang in which she could do a low ponytail.   Have her look at pics for inspiration and bring those pics to a stylist so the stylist could give her options on how to create the style.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic