BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Net Weave vs. a Regular Sew-in??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>

Author
Melialy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melialy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Net Weave vs. a Regular Sew-in??
    Posted: Dec 22 2010 at 3:23pm
Which one do you think is better? I've never had the net weave done, but my sister has it now and says she likes it. I just don't see how you'd be able to moisturize your hair underneath the net.

Any opinions?
Sponsored Links

missversatile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missversatile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2010 at 3:29pm

I just started doing nets this year with my installs and i can say that i will only do nets now. I can say for me I like the net because I like a really full install (8 oz or more) and I like being able to manipulate without excessive stress on my hair, and this feels more secure. I moisturize with an applicator bottle. I also like the fact that my braids are poking out when they start to grow out. all that mess is under the net.

shawnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2010 at 3:44pm
I will NEVER go back to regular installs! I can moisturize by using the applicator bottle and I am good to go Big smile
queenkc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2010 at 3:49pm
A net keeps your braids secure and flat for the duration of your install. It also allows you to keep your install longer. I used nets for a few years but now I'm making wigs and sewing them on. I try to take it off every two weeks to wash and then sew it back on. During the 2 weeks I use an applicator bottle to get the leave in inside the parts and braids and also around the edges.
bajanwavy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bajanwavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2010 at 3:52pm
I love net installs.I have one in right now.Here's my take:

Pros

1.Flatter installs

2.Offers verstile track placement not depentdent on braiding pattern

3.Installs last longer

4.Conceals braids (Great for windy conditions!)

5.Faster takedowns with less risk of  cutting my hair! Shocked

6.I also find that I am able to get closer track placement using a net for fuller looking installs.

Cons

1.Yes moisturizing the braids underneath is harder with a net. But I mix my conditioners in and apply between the tracks (Not sure if this is the best method?)

2.Scatching my damn scalp when it gets itchy is much more difficult! (May just be me...)

bajanwavy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bajanwavy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2010 at 3:54pm
Srry

1.Yes moisturizing the braids underneath is harder with a net. But I mix my conditioners in an applicator bottle and apply between the tracks (Not sure if this is the best method?)
queenkc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote queenkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2010 at 3:57pm
You will definitely need to always have an object handy to scratch with unless your nails are long. :LOL
Melialy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melialy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2010 at 4:52pm
Thanks for the info, guys! Now tell me, is air-drying after a wash/co-wash any more difficult with the net??
Lady_Q_Tee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady_Q_Tee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2010 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Melialy Melialy wrote:

Thanks for the info, guys! Now tell me, is air-drying after a wash/co-wash any more difficult with the net??

How often do you wash your hair? I wear net weaves and wash my hair once a week .. (on sundays) then sit under my dryer until dry.

As for which looks better, neither!! You can't tell a net weave by looking at a persons hair but I the feel to me is better with a net weave, my hair feels more secure

bmoreflyygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmoreflyygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2010 at 6:01pm
I personally don't like the net. I prefer not to have one. I can't wash or get in there and scratch like I want to with a net. I usually end up taking a net weave out faster than one without one because the net is driving me crazy.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic