FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Net Weave in NJ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Anissag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anissag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2010 at 12:36pm

Are there any stylist in NJ (central / norther) with Fotki so I can view some of there work? I'm looking to get a full sew in or net. I have found someone in ATL who has the net technique I want but before I book a flight, I'm hoping to find someone here in NJ.  I will check Shannon & Nesbeth Hair Studio. I can just drive by there.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Niecy19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niecy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2010 at 9:56am
Originally posted by cocoaluv cocoaluv wrote:

Originally posted by chanel8216 chanel8216 wrote:

Shannon & Nesbeth Hair Studio on Main Street, Orange New Jersey ask for Tonya, her work is fab $150 for a full sew in
I went there today off of this recommendation. I love my full sew in weave. I am going to get it cut down a little in the back next time i go for a wash but otherwise I love it!!!

Any pics Cocoaluv? How long were you there for? I thinking about calling tomorrow to make an appointment for Thursday.
Niecy19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niecy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 15 2010 at 6:38pm
Bump. For any NJ ladies who have pics of how there hair came out from Shannon and Nesbeth. The lady I normally go to charges $100 and I heard at S&N it's $150 so I want to know if it's worth it to go there instead. If anyone has pics that would be wonderful. Opinion question: Is it rude to go in there look at their work/clients and then make a decision if I should let them do my hair or not?
Niecy19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niecy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2010 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by header85 header85 wrote:

no its not rude because of lately too many stylist (or so they call themselves) have been stealing peoples photos...ive seen unique moniques stuff on a few peoples ads and my stylist told her.

somebody also has recently stole my stylists work too    

in person is the best way to judge work and while ur lookin just keep in mind, nobody cant tell u nothin about where and how to spend ur money

Yeah, that's true. I think I am going to to a "drive-by" there this week and see what types of hair walks out of the salon and if it looks nice, I will definitely book an appt. I might just go inside and ask the owner there a couple of questions. I don't think she will be offended. If she is good, word of mouth travels fast. I am sure a lot of my friends will ask where I got my hair done.
Anissag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anissag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2010 at 9:13am

So I had my hair re-done after 1mth.  There was just too much hair out in the top and maintaining it was a beast. So this time I added and additional pack of 12 in to the original 1 1/2pk of 14in. The stylist made the braids real close and the result is perfect. I have a whole additional pack of hair in but it looks full and natural. I love it. I can also pull it up into a ponytail when I work out.  She only left out about an inchin the top and back(to cover the back when pulled up). I took this picture after my workout and shower. I hadn't even brushed it out yet.  The Stylist is in the Newark/Irvington NJ area and she is very reasonable.

(Bobbi Boss Ocean Wave 1b 12 and 14)
Anissag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anissag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2010 at 9:29am

Okay here is the pic that didn't show up the 1st time.
Niecy19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niecy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2010 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Anissag Anissag wrote:

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-ansi-: EN">So I had my hair re-done after 1mth. There was just too much hair out in the top and maintaining it was a beast. So this time I added and additional pack of 12 in to the original 1 1/2pk of 14in. The stylist made the braids real close and the result is perfect. I have a whole additional pack of hair in but it looks full and natural. I love it. I can also pull it up into a ponytail when I work out. She only left out about an inchin the top and back(to cover the back when pulled up). I took this picture after my workout and shower. I hadn't even brushed it out yet. The Stylist is in the Newark/Irvington NJ area and she is very reasonable. </SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: navy; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN>

<SPAN lang=EN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-: EN; mso-fareast-: EN-US; mso-bidi-: AR-SA">(Bobbi Boss Ocean Wave 1b 12 and 14)</SPAN>
Newark/Irvington

Anissag, where in Newark/Irvington did you get your hair done?
Anissag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anissag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2010 at 11:50am

I found her on Craig's List. I know how iffy that sounds but she and I text back and fourth for about a week on what I wanted and how I wanted the hair to look. She also sent me some pics. of her work.  If you want I can email you her info. She said she makes house call too.  I am very pleased with her work and will be going back to her for maintenance in 2 weeks.

Clap
1curvyvixen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1curvyvixen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 9:51pm
looks great! have u washed it yet? does the waves revert back after a wash?
Anissag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anissag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 22 2010 at 11:33pm

When you wet it, it goes back to curly/ wavy. I use one part silicon mix leave in conditioner and 2 parts water. And I let it air dry.  I posted 2 pics of it air dryed on my Fotki (album Ocean Wave). I will say this hair sheds like a monster but I  was to lazy to seal it. When I get my next install I will seal it for sure.  Most of the times I just brush it and I spray a light oil once a week.  Other wise I love it.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic