Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Net Vs No Net

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
kissrole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kissrole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Net Vs No Net
    Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 11:29pm
In a couple of months I plan on getting a sew-in.. but since my last one was such a disaster, I am taking a lot of precaution with this one. I have been doing a lot of research for the past hour and I can't decide if I want a net or not.

I've read articles on the people who have gotten sew-ins with and without the net. Its a lot of mixed reviews and I am confused on what I want to do.. Some said they liked and it was good for their hair and others said it was a disaster for them and I am sooo CONFUSED!

I also read nets are good for women with thin hair and I (unfortunately) have thin hair and I really want another sew in..

So what should I do girls!! I need help! 

Net or No Net??
Ermm

Confused

Confused
Sponsored Links

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 11:36pm
No net
I can't reach my scalp with those things
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 1:10am
No net.......i woudl suggest you a upart wig instead
iChinaaBanks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iChinaaBanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 3:33am
Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

No net.......i woudl suggest you a upart wig instead

Same.  or just make a wig with a closure .
WhitWhit86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WhitWhit86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 9:54am
For me I use one sometimes but the downfall to them is u can't really reach your scalp, and end up poking holes in them. If you have thin hair use a little bit of braiding hair. It would secure your braids. But this one and only time I got my hair done professional the stylist made her own net while she was sewing down. I was amazed and it was tight as hell (that's why I didn't go back)
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2013 at 2:22pm
No net, sometimes they pull too tight on the thread and it ends up being too much tension on your hair. Last time I used the net my edges had breakage, never again.
tamela10289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tamela10289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2013 at 8:16pm
Net. Everytime I went with no net my head itched so bad. Idk y. The tensions is terrible for the 1st week, so you got to make sure ur scalp is super moisturized at all times
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 12:48pm
Net. I can have my install fuller without being bulky because the tracks can be filled in between the braids and not just doubled up on the braids. Also, if the wind blows/my hair is somehow parted, you're not seeing , or seeing very little of my scalp/less gaping. Install lasts longer.

If I need to moisturize or condition my base, I'll just use a color bottle with the nozzle.

I wear curly hair, so I can wear an install a pretty long time, and a net allows me to wear it even longer. 4-5 months, with 5 being the extreme. I'm in the 4th month of my current install and I can easily go another month IF I wanted to.
amandita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amandita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:02am
I agree with the above poster
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2014 at 11:19am
I just made another month. lol
Install done in early Aug, and still is pretty sturdy, but it's time to go. my lazy butt was supposed to do a take down, then a new U part Saturday and decided to sleep instead.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply