FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedNemo the Nor-Easter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nemo the Nor-Easter
    Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 2:13pm

The east coast has a snow storm on our hands & from NJ to Boston .We are expecting about 1-2 ft of snow.  Many trips have been cancelled, the planes have been grounded.  Gas stations have ran out of gas with ppl filling up out of fear the power will get knocked out like Sandy did.

Are you working?  Stranded?  Covering extra shifts because coworkers called out? Catching up on netflix, reading a good book?  Getting some housework done?

I'm about to take the kids to my parent's house so I can have this place all to myself & clean up w/o distractions.  When dh gets home, we are gonna cozy up & watch season 1 of Scandal

What are you doing today BHM?

Edited by Bunnyahh - Feb 08 2013 at 2:27pm
Sponsored Links

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 2:15pm

Updated at 2:48 p.m. ET: With the worst still to come, wind-whipped snow coated much of New England and dusted New York on Friday — the beginning of what forecasters said would become a dazzling, dangerous and perhaps even record-shattering winter storm.

Airlines canceled more than 3,000 flights, Boston closed its subway, Amtrak suspended some service, and cities across the Northeast made plans to deploy an armada of snowplows and salt-spreading trucks.

Forecasters said they expected Massachusetts to get the worst, including accumulation of 3 feet in some spots. The worst snowfall on record in Boston was a 27.5-inch blast a decade ago, a record forecasters said was in danger.

The weather service warned that the storm would be accompanied by winds almost as powerful as those packed by a hurricane.

“Visibilities will become poor, with whiteout conditions at times,” the weather service said in an advisory issued Friday morning for the Boston area. “Those venturing outdoors may become lost or disoriented.”

Justin Lane / EPA

Worker Jimmy White attaches chains to tires at a New York City Department of Sanitation facility Thursday in preparation for the major winter storm expected to hit Friday.

The winter storm gathered strength as two weather systems — a so-called clipper pattern sweeping across the Midwest and a band of rain from the South — began to converge over the Northeast.

The Weather Channel said that snow would be heavy at times Friday in New York state, parts of Pennsylvania and most of New England. By Friday night, forecasters called for snow falling at 2 to 3 inches per hour in New England.

Heavy, wind-driven snow was expected to coat New England on Saturday and shift to the New England coast by Saturday afternoon, the network said. Snow was finally expected to taper off in Boston by Saturday night and pull off the Maine coast by Sunday morning.

Amtrak said it would cancel train service between New York and Boston on Friday, with the last northbound train leaving New York at 12:30 p.m. and the last southbound train leaving Boston at 1:40.

Coastal areas of Massachusetts, including Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket Island, were warned to brace for wind gusts over 70 mph. Those living on north- and east-facing shorelines from Boston south to Cape Cod Bay were told to prepare for tides 2 to 4 feet above normal.

Flooding and beach erosion were dangers, and the weather service warned of widespread coastal flooding from Boston northward.

“This one doesn’t come along every day,” said Alan Dunham, a meteorologist for the weather service. “Wherever you need to get to, get there by Friday afternoon and don't plan on leaving.”

blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 2:15pm
I stopped by a Keyfood on Nostrand Ave last night and you would have thought the world was gonna this weekendSleepy
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 2:16pm
why the smiley face? Are you happy to see some snow?
James Avery View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 2:17pm
70 degrees and sunny here. i hope you and the fam are not in the storms path, bunny.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 2:17pm
Just rain here in PA so far although they were saying 2-4 inches of snow for us by tomorrow.  Hope everyone stays safe.
Fcgriffin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 2:18pm
Cool Big smile

Clear skies and mild temps in sunny San Antonio!  
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 2:19pm
Mommy said daddy got some ziti & lasagne over there for us, so I'mma stop at the Stop & Shop to pick up some garlic bread , milk & juice.  We already got flashlights left over from Sandy.  I hope my power doesn't go outUnhappy.  And I filled my tank up 2 days ago.   Its a hybrid so I'm good till next week
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 2:19pm
The hubby is going out to get some stuff now. Definitely not leaving the house before Sunday lol. 
fairyQueen092 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

Forecasters said they expected Massachusetts to get the worst, including accumulation of 3 feet in some spots. The worst snowfall on record in Boston was a 27.5-inch blast a decade ago, a record forecasters said was in danger.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic