Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nelly wants to kick somebody's ass at Spelman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:20pm
I don't care
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:24pm

and he wonders if the women still believe they are more than a tip drill?

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:31pm
"Because we could’ve still had your conversation after I got my opportunity"

Stern Smile

I hoped this was just Nelly trying to sound cool and not the way his mind works. 

In other words just let me get my tip drill and we can talk about your little issue later.  Yeah I think he said what he meant so NVM.  He never cared.   That's my opinion.  I don't know this niccah like that. 
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:33pm

I noticed that too kfoxx

it's like he said "stfu about my video even though you are offended and help me out"

he went about it wrong

Edited by SamoneLenior - Nov 13 2013 at 1:33pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 1:37pm
I remember this well.
I supported the ladies at Spelman. And I bet those ladies are still in the fight. Why does he think they were being insincere?  I don't like his tone.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

I remember this well.
I supported the ladies at Spelman. And I bet those ladies are still in the fight. Why does he think they were being insincere?  I don't like his tone.

LOL Purp I just pictured you with your hand on your hip looking off into the corner saying "hmm, dat niccah tryna play me"
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 2:18pm
and help me out isn't with a $1 or a walk-a-thon

it's asking for a dna swab and potentially painful extraction of bone marrow

he really could have been far more respectful, especially as a performer dependent on this demographic ...  after coming to grips with his sister's passing, in these last ten years, he could have reflected on his reaction but no he wants to kick someone's ass

noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 2:23pm
kola had done said that some black men only see black women as  "incubation mules, endurance mules, disposable coochie." 

just wanted to throw that out there but since i got to get ready to get ready for work, i don't have time to elaborate. have at it folkEmbarrassed
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 2:28pm
An opportunity was missed by all parties involved.

I understand the power and the necessity of protest. The women of Spelman weren't wrong but a good move isn't always the best move. It was a small win in gernering attention for them but what dialogue came about as a result of their protest? They could have confronted him WHILE partnering with his campaign and urged him and his colleagues to do better, giving him, his cause, their school and their cause leverage. Instead, the animosity didn't really do much for anyone.

The black community is full of missed opportunities and it's time that we use our differing voices to move things forward.

ETA: But kick someone's ass though??? Whose ass???!

Edited by BeatriceBean - Nov 13 2013 at 2:35pm
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

i'm sure "kicking someone's ass" is the answer most grown men use to solve their problems. should really help his cause 

Clap
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System