BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Nelly wants to kick somebody's ass at Spelman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 10:21pm
And in nellys catalogue tip drill is the ONLY song of that nature

But while we at it let's look at what he's involved with

http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/nelly
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 10:23pm
he made some valid points.  the video is worth watching.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 10:23pm
people with his celeb + financial status are always involved in foundations...good for him.  i don't have anything against Nelly.  i like him, but i feel they weren't wrong.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 10:24pm
Whatever
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Can't have it both ways.

On the one hand be like "hey community, come support me/my sister because we're all a community and it's our responsibility" and then be like "hey community, your individual choices as women don't have anything to do with me, that's on you and has nothing to do with the community of hip hop that I make my living from and need to uphold in order to keep diamonds in my grill".
is THAT what he said?

Nope. That's my opinion of the situation. Didn't mean to imply they were direct quotes.
nekamarie83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote nekamarie83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

*sips tea slowly*

Maybe he should've attempted to do the marrow drive at Morehouse instead? They probably would've been more receptive to him and his cause.

RIP to his sister.
hmmm wouldve been nice seeing a black male school coming out in numbers to go through bone marrow donation for the life of a black woman.   
i totally agree with all of the above and i see the point of the ladies' protest. i just think there's a time and a place. someone's life hanging in the balance isn't the time to me. they let their feelings for him get in the way of possibly saving one of their/our own-- a black woman. 

i wholeheartedly agree that black men can be hit and miss with their support for black women, but i tire of this tit for tat bullsh!t. 
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 10:37pm

yeah they didn't want to hear "shut up and give it up" when someone is asking for their bone marrow

I don't know what was said or how the situation was handled but I'm sure they would have participated if he acknowledged and addressed their concerns ... even if he had to come back

zolloh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote zolloh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 10:38pm
It's like 10yrs so I guess people have forgotten how notorious Tip Drill was at the time, that uncut video version was the nail to the coffin that was BET. How did he expect women to react when he swiped that credit card? If only Twitter existed back then...LOL
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 10:40pm
I see why he is mad.

I see why the Spelman women were mad.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2013 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

i wholeheartedly agree that black men can be hit and miss with their support for black women, but i tire of this tit for tat bullsh!t. 
This all day.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>