Perfect Hair Collection

Neil DeGrasse Tyson Dropping Racial Gems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 10:14am
He's never hidden the fact that he's had various struggles as a black man in a field where there are VERY few minorities of any sort.  That's really not his overall focus though.  He wants to inspire kids to get into the sciences.  He really tries to follow Carl Sagan's footsteps by being approachable to anyone and everyone so that the message doesn't get lost in politics.  I think it's legitimate to be frustrated that he doesn't say much about race, but calling him a coon is just stupid.  He's not by any stretch.  I think because he doesn't talk about race as much as science, people were excited by the video. LOL

I posted his interview with Nichelle because to me they're similar.  Just being black and in a role that is unexpected to...others is still huge.  Now there are lots of little brown children who see a very inspiring man who looks like them saying that they can be anything. Heart  Hush!  I stan for Neil.  I can't help it.  My bias is obvious though.  Cosmos also makes me tingly. LOL
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 10:49am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

not sure if he made the coon list

everyone wasn't happy with the info in cosmos

can we not be 100% happy with the program and not think he is a coon

I rhink calling him a coon is reaching

His wife is to the left of him.

welp!
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 11:04am

I don't care for white people very much

but I call a coon a coon based on more things than who they marry

I get how much that eats at the soul of some and I even get why it does, but if their works do help the community it's kind of stupid to let who they marry be the main reason why you think they are a coon

and before you talk about black love and making more black babies, many black families and black people don't even like being black

so miss me with the two black parents = black unity and pride.....I don't really see that as the norm

Edited by SamoneLenior - Apr 18 2014 at 11:05am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 12:07pm
i heard violins and saw angels and struck a jaheim pose reading that ^^
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I don't care for white people very much

but I call a coon a coon based on more things than who they marry

I get how much that eats at the soul of some and I even get why it does, but if their works do help the community it's kind of stupid to let who they marry be the main reason why you think they are a coon

and before you talk about black love and making more black babies, many black families and black people don't even like being black

so miss me with the two black parents = black unity and pride.....I don't really see that as the norm

What you're saying is true.  But will we ever get any closer to black pride and unity and loving each other if we keep looking to them for approval or love or support?  Isn't a better first step for us to work on us TOGETHER without them?

Ionno.  I wish there was an easy answer.Cry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 12:57pm

I agree we need to come together but it is possible for someone to be with someone that is not black and still care for the black community

I know if sounds crazy and maybe only a select few can do this, but it happens

are there no exceptions?
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 1:30pm
Happy I listened before I commented, because I was in my feelings for a sec that he hijacked a very legitimate question about women in science, but after listening, it was a good comparison.

I wish men like him and henry loius gates were married to black women but I detect no self hatred from them whatsoever so they don't really make me think coon at all.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 2:00pm
what do their wives do?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 2:06pm

is this Neil's wife?

Alice Young

Alice Young

Associate Vice President for Research (Research Integrity)

Alice Young, Ph.D. is Associate Vice President for Research (Research Integrity) in the Office of the Vice President for Research at Texas Tech University, professor in the Department of Psychology, and professor of pharmacology and neuroscience at the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. In her role as associate vice president for research, Dr. Young is working with the TTU Ethics Center to develop TTU’s Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training programs. She also works with all TTU research compliance offices and works jointly with Dr. Michael San Francisco to support TTU’s multiple research development initiatives.

Before joining Texas Tech in 2004, Dr. Young was professor of psychology and of psychiatry and behavioral neurosciences at Wayne State University, where she also served as associate dean for research and graduate programs in the College of Science. She is a former recipient of a NIDA Research Scientist Development Award, and her research and teaching focus on behavioral pharmacology and applied cognitive psychology.

Dr. Young received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. She earned a doctorate in experimental psychology from the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis and received postdoctoral training in pharmacology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.

iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 2:07pm
If being married to a non black woman is cooning then I rather be bo jangles and tap dance to out this universe.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic