BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

NEED YOUR ADVICE ..A.S.A.P.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Primerica is an MLM (multi-level marketing) scheme. She shouldn't waste her time at all.

Starbucks is generally a good company to work for so make sure she's taking advantage of all the opportunities she has there as far as becoming lead or manager and things like that.

Is she in school? Maybe she needs to focus on some long-range planning. Does she have any skills/services/products she can sell? Oh and of course there's always cutting expenses in the meantime.

thanks Maysay...yes this is y they approached her because of her communication skills, i have seen  her in action at work with customers, she was laying it down to one customers of how many calories this and what this has and does for you...I was highly impressedBig smileBig smileBig smile.  I do wish she were in school but some things happened to her that i wish not to say here...(sorry)...

i think she is trying to become a lead/manager....hope she does in the future there..

School isn't for everybody, I just meant if it's something she wants then don't let the time pass by.

But since she has the job at Starbucks she should definitely do everything possible to move up and make herself indispensable there. You can earn a great salary with benefits in the management positions. And she can continue to work on her other goals as she's doing it.

Sponsored Links

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:35pm
Tell your daughter to stay far away . Nothing a but insurance company scheme to take her money . I heard of the company years ago . They would hire young people from all of the world to go door to door after taking the parents money for a so call job. I rceall one lady crying that her daughter was sent back on a greyhound bus hungry and very upset  . You can find complaints all over the net and the BBB. Tell her to apply for a entry level position at your local hospital  . Many will hire and train Echo techs for example in my area .

on

I don't want to recall in detail my dispiriting experience with Primerica, as many people have already done so. I only want to add that they are very big on the "sales pitch" and controlling the message. I was approached through my son who was working off college loans at a dead-end restaurant job. The agent who was working through him gave me the, "I just have to meet the father of this extraordinary young man!" speech. We were told that they only spend time on people they feel have "what it takes", giving you the impression that you are somehow special and singled out to move right into a top management position in one of their "stores" that they are rushing to open up in your area. It takes a while but eventually you realize that all of these people who you've been spending time listening to at weekend "classes" have been promised the same thing.

I could never get a straight answer out of anyone about the pay structure as they were desperately trying to downplay the role that recruiting took in the whole scheme, but I finally cornered an "employee" at a weird faux-Christmas party thrown at a rented house temporarily occupied by my recruiter and his poor family who were like hostages in a suburban domicile stocked with every gaming system available as well as air hockey and ping pong tables, all for the sole purpose of mindlessly entertaining the current (mostly young) recruits, blinding them with the sheer boundless consumerism and wealth that supposedly awaited them.

The guy I talked to told me that it wasn't until he realized that the way to make money was "to get the recruits to purchase the Primerica products". In other words, it's a numbers game of getting as many recruits to purchase term life insurance while giving up lists of all of your contacts from your cell phone (what they call a "data dump") for more recruiting. It doesn't matter if you quit because you've already given them money and more contacts. Meanwhile if you decide it's not for you, your manager will become very angry indeed, carping about the time he spent ON YOU "away from HIS family".

They're very big on family and there is more than a hint of born-again Christianity lurking in the rhetoric you will be swallowing. Never mind the hours you yourself have spent going to "classes", (glorified pep rallies that never actually impart much in the way of knowledge about being a financial planner), seminars (you pay for those too), countless meetings attempting to recruit family and friends. NOT FOR ME. No.

Edited by india100 - Jun 02 2014 at 9:50pm
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:41pm
My daughter sat through and interview and training noticed that it was just her and two young girls around her age.  Not anyone over the age of 21yrs.  She knew it was a scheme and they fed on the naivety of the youth who don't know to ask questions or research.  She immediately called me because as her mother I know most everything.LOL  With that she never returned to that place.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:46pm
Did not read the Article, but check them out with the

Better Business Bureau   
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 9:49pm
@Herwoman....no she hasn't ....but i will tell her of the Call Centers.....
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:21pm
once you found the link, no more rationalizing needs to be done.  a total waste of time these companies are for people who are not in the position to be tangled up in their fraud.  good luck in her job hunt.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Jun 02 2014 at 10:21pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:23pm
@India....dayum...nnaawww she can't do this....she probably thinks she can but she has financial responsibilities...thanks
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:24pm
I just hate how many scams there are out there these days..

Not just jobs but period...
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:26pm
a targeted course in the medical or IT field  vs a degree might be a good compromise 

Edited by rickysrose - Jun 02 2014 at 10:34pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 02 2014 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

My daughter sat through and interview and training noticed that it was just her and two young girls around her age.  Not anyone over the age of 21yrs.  She knew it was a scheme and they fed on the naivety of the youth who don't know to ask questions or research.  She immediately called me because as her mother I know most everything.LOL  With that she never returned to that place.

IKR??? I JUST had to google....she texted me a pic of the business card and i googled it and came across the posted article and was No Not A Pyramid venture ish...i had to call her and tell her of what i had just read. 

You as a MOM DO KNOW EVERYTHING..but at least ur daughter caught on with a quickness..she wasn't havin' itLOL Mom come and get me N.O.W.LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>