Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need some input on new install

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
charisma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charisma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need some input on new install
    Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:34am
Hey ladies, I need some constructive critisism. I found someone online to do my hair. I know, I know, should have went to a salon. I really didn't think there were places in my area that do weaves and I ended up doing a search on Facebook and of course find 3 different places:/ Anyway, this install is with Brazilian natural straight hair, but it's lightly flat ironed. I wasn't all that thrilled with the way it initally looked. For one, the hair is darker than I normally like but I am trying to make it work. It's 1b and I called myself trying to lighten it but I didn't use the correct lifting steps. I cut bangs into the hair tonight to help it look more natural since it's a full sew in.
Do you think I'll be able to make this work until I try an actual salon? (and fyi, there's a fly away section of hair I noticed on the top of my head. I'm working on taming that down)

EDITED 11/5/12:

I've decided to go ahead and take this install down and prepare to relax my hair and wear my hair out. Looks like I'll have to travel to find someone in the future. Thanks anyway! I appreciated the input:)

Edited by charisma - Nov 05 2012 at 10:21pm
Sponsored Links

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 1:54am
well what state are u in (forget if u mentioned it) anywho i can see a hump on the top of your head and i wish it was flatter and it looked like you had your hair in for a minute, before taking this pic.. we get good weaves out her in cali so i hope u don't think im too hard on you.. but the hair was not flat ironed well either... if you really don't like it go to a salon with pics of clients.. and hopefully it will turn out good.
charisma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charisma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 2:01am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

well what state are u in (forget if u mentioned it) anywho i can see a hump on the top of your head and i wish it was flatter and it looked like you had your hair in for a minute, before taking this pic.. we get good weaves out her in cali so i hope u don't think im too hard on you.. but the hair was not flat ironed well either... if you really don't like it go to a salon with pics of clients.. and hopefully it will turn out good.

Thanks for the input. And I'm in Indiana, long way away from California unfortunately. I am the one who flat ironed the hair and I didn't flat iron it straight intentionally. I'm not a fan of the bone straight look, and the hair seemed too wavy for natural straight.

I would prefer to hold off from going to a salon for at least another month. I'll work on some improvements. Thanks again:)

Edited by charisma - Nov 05 2012 at 2:02am
charisma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charisma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 8:48am
Just wanted to clarify, I don't have an actual bump on the top of my head. I recently washed the hair and didn't have it laying correctly, so that's a section of hair sticking up in the pic. Not an actual bump. I'll try to take a better pic as soon as I can.
herwoman View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote herwoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2012 at 10:45am
It looks greasy and just there if you know what I mean. Like 1996 my first weave look. Liven it up some and if you can't is it cold in Indiana? If so wear one of those cute lil hats that come with the scarves, leave your bangs out a.d the back and cover the rest. Get all different colors until you can get it done in a month.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic