Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedNeed Help...How do you make a 3/4 fall?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
koffeebrown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 1:36pm
Professor Rick: followup question-- would that work with this type of wigcap/weave cap? And u think Lgold would hold to it?

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/weavingcap.html
Sponsored Links

RICARDO View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 1:38pm
That is exactly the same cap I use and Ive never used liquid gold so I wouldnt know.  But considering its not going directly on your hair the black 99 cent hair glue works fine for me.
Tira View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 1:38pm
Rick, u know I'm over here taking notes, right? Wink
RICARDO View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 1:39pm

Im no expert but I know some stuff lol

Monilove122 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 3:34pm
Have another question, I've made my own clip-ins but I always have the darndest time finding a needle that will fit through the little holes of the clips.  The last time I made some clip-ins I glued the clips on.  Would you suggest that with a fall?  Just like everyone else my main concern is it falling off. 

I'll post tomorrow and let you know how it goes ladies.  I'm still at work but will be leaving shortly to get my weaving cap and I'm going to try to glue the hair on instead of sew so gotta get some bonding glue too. 
kinky_kitty101 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 5:50pm
I posted this before myself and got no response :(
I was using this as a guide if it helps http://www.additionallengths.co.uk/Product_Details.asp?ProductID=92
Its like the jessica simpson 1 and from wot i can see theres elastic in it. I already bought the wig cap and elastic a few weeks back but cant afford the hair yet :(

The elastic wud make it a bit more secue and less messy I thk but let me know how u get on coz im gona do it in a couple of weeks.
How much hair are u using? Theres not much weight in the 1 I gave u the link to but I like my hair thick so was gona use 2 packs.
bright1 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2007 at 6:11pm
Thanks for posting this, im interested im making my own quick weaves
Monilove122 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2007 at 7:35am

Okay, so went to the BSS last night and ended up getting a couple different kinds of weave caps just so I could see which one worked better.  I ended up sewing the hair on because after I thought about it I figured it would be best as it was wet 'n wavy hair and I know I'd want to wet it.  Well...it came out great.  I used 7 ozs (the equivalent to almost 2 packs) and it's nice and full.  The hair is light brown with highlights as my hair was that color at the time I used the hair so going to color it black (and leave some of the color for highlights) but it was just so easy.  I glued the clips on and ended up putting 6 going all the way around. 

I don't have a digital camera but do have a camera phone so I'm going to take some pictures when I wear it this weekend.

KinkyKitty - My clip ins I made look exactly like that and were a lot easier to make as you just cut the tracks to the size you need and glue the clips on (I sewed some of the clips but as it's so hard to find a needle with an end small enough to go through the holes I had to work too hard pulling the needle through).

Edited by Monilove122 - Jun 01 2007 at 7:37am
kinky_kitty101 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2007 at 1:40pm
Ive had clip-ins before.. I thk the wig would look more natural and really its just a hell of a lot easier 2 use. I was an art student anyway so Il give it a go when I cum back from hols.
LovingYou View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 03 2007 at 5:38pm
I just had an idea.  What about sewing the weft of the track closest to the front under the weaving net and bringing the hair back so that there are no tracks toward the top and easier blending?  Hope that's understandable. 
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic