Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Need help with dry hair

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
kimmie1217 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimmie1217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help with dry hair
    Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 12:29am
My hair always seems to be dry and I'm trying to find some natural oils or a hair moisturizer to help with the dryness. I deep condition my hair with grapeseed oil but my hair is still dry ughhh! Can you ladies reccomend some good oils and moisturizers?
Sponsored Links

GoatGoatEtc. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoatGoatEtc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 11:15am
Though Oil is penetrative it is not necessarily moisturizing. If you're using oil alone, I can understand why your hair is dry. Get some conditioner like Aussie Moist or Garnier Fructis 98% biodegradable and oil, honey, what have you to it for a deep conditioner. But never oil alone.

As for a moisturizer/leave-in, I like Nu Naat. I get it from my Walmart. 
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 7:23pm
Sounds like you have a common hair issue and that is overly porous hair.
Try this routine:
Cleanse your hair with a non sulfate shampoo or conditioning cleanser
Apply DC and sit under the dryer for at least 20 minutes ( use a good moisturizing conditioner)
Rinse conditioner out.
Mix 1/4 cup of ACV with 2 cups of filtered water shake and pour over your hair use all of it. Let it sit for 3 minutes only, then rinse the ACV rinse from your hair using cold water. Rinse for 3 minutes.
Proceed with you leave in conditioner and styling.

Continue to use good natural oils on a daily basis. You should see a huge difference in your moisture levels. If you need to repeat this rinse you can wait one week and then do it again. After the first two treatments only use this rinse once every two weeks. Buy organic apple cider vinegar only.

Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie is a good leave in conditioner. The entire line of products are great for dry hair.

kimmie1217 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimmie1217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 6:47am
Thank you going to deff look into what you ladies suggested.
kellyresurrected View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellyresurrected Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 2:53pm
co wash with aussie moist 5 times a week
ms_vicky_diva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_vicky_diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 12:21am

I co-wash with Aussie Moist every other day.  Afterwards, I apply a leave in (mixed chicks or cantu shea butter), and lastly apply a home made sealant consisting of coconut oil, a few drops of tea tree oil, raw shea butter, a few drops of lavender oil, and a little EVOO. 

On the days that I don't co-wash, I spritz with a mixture of vegetarian glycerin/spring water and a little of the home made sealant.  The glycerin makes my hair so soft and moisturized.  Since I started applying the glycerin/water spritz, I no longer have dry hair at all.
Redpumpking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redpumpking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 5:02am
That’s good using a deep hair conditioner, but it's better to use leave on conditioner. There are lots of good brands in the market you could use. When you're choosing them just check the PH and is it recommended to dry hair without just buying.
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote momentoindigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2013 at 1:40pm
LOC method.
Liquid, Oil, then Cream. Never apply oil to dry hair. it makes hair drier becaause oils are sealants meaning they lock other things in. so if theres no moisture (only comes from water based substances) then you are locking in dry hair.

for a liquid find a leave in conditioner and apply them to wet hair. i suggest giovanni leave in conditioner or beautiful curls leave in conditioner.

Then use an oil like grapeseed oil to coat your hair and lock that moisture in.

Then use a cream such as whipped shea butter.
iyawo814 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyawo814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 7:20pm
Just wanted to share...I found a wonderful recipe on YoueTube of a Leav-In conditioner mixture that has really help my hair get back its moisture. It was originally created by Kimmaytube on YT. She doesn't have the video up anymore but there are several other ladies showing what she did.

Here you go:

2 Tbsp – KinkyCurly “Knot Today” Leave in Conditioner or Giovanni’s Leave in Conditioner

2 Tbsp – Aloe Vera Juice

2 tsp - Castor Oil

2 tsp - Jojoba Oil

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply