Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Need help with closure specifics

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help with closure specifics
    Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 7:35pm
A vendor I contacted is asking me this info for the closure:

hair length (I'm assuming it should be the length of the longest hair I'll be using?)
top size: What does he mean?
hair density: What should I say? I'm looking into either Brazilian virgin hair or Peruvian straight
Lace closure or silk closure: which is best?
Right or side part and how far from the middle part: I want a side part. Should I measure the distance between my middle part and the side on my head?

Your help would be greatly appreciated! I've never purchased a closure before (or virgin hair,for that matter)
Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 8:04pm
Ok, another poster gave me some specifics to go by for the style I want
-Ask or a lace closure, density of 70% at the hairline and 100% throughout, Dark brown lace (for dark-skinned girls, and a 4x4 closure size.

However, the vendor also asked me for the top size (is this the same as the closure size?) and how far from the middle part for the side part. Should I measure on my head how many inches between the middle of my head and the side part? Help a weave dummy out! I need to place that order!

beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

A vendor I contacted is asking me this info for the closure:

hair length (I'm assuming it should be the length of the longest hair I'll be using?)
top size: What does he mean?
hair density: What should I say? I'm looking into either Brazilian virgin hair or Peruvian straight
Lace closure or silk closure: which is best?
Right or side part and how far from the middle part: I want a side part. Should I measure the distance between my middle part and the side on my head?

Your help would be greatly appreciated! I've never purchased a closure before (or virgin hair,for that matter)

ask for freestyle parting. no side/middle whatever.
top size and closure size are the same
order the hair the same length or shorter than your shortest bundle

for my first closure I ordered Swiss lace (smaller grids/finer lace) with PU strip on the edges except for the front

Edited by beebeexx - Jan 14 2013 at 8:11pm
*WeaveStar* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote *WeaveStar* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 8:15pm
A closure sits near the front of your head so the hair length should be the length of the shortest hair you use unless your hair will be all one length. The average is 12 to 18 inches long.

Top size is the length and width of the closure.  Do you want it to be 4 by 4 inches, 3 by 4 or 2 by 3?  It can be larger or smaller.  Think about how much space on your head you want it to cover and the braid pattern you plan on using.

Hair density on a closure is a tricky tricky thing.  If its to full it will look very wiggy and weird.  If its too thin then everything shows and nothing is covered.  Some people say get it thicker and you can always thin it out with tweezers but if its too thin you can't add hair.  In general to keep your hairline realistic looking people go for 75/85% density but every vendor interprets that percentage in their own way.  So good luck there.

Brazilian or Peruvian, straight, curly, kinky is considered the hair texture/type, not how dense (thick/thin) the hair is.

Lace vs Silk is a matter of opinion.  Silk looks like scalp....but whose scalp?  Lace presents its own issues too.  Silk tops can look wiggy and are hard to adjust if your not a pro.  I don't recommend silk unless you've fitted yourself with a bald cap and can send it to a vendor for a perfect skin match or unless you know how to or want to learn how to dye scalp.  Swiss Lace is best imo for newbies and make sure you request they bleach the knots under the entire closure that holds the hair to the lace.  This helps your clousure look less noticeable where its parted because the dark knots call attention to the grid pattern...bleaching them makes them kind of invisible...you know like girls that bleach their facial hair.

If you do lace just ask for "free parting space" so you can part it anywhere and change up your style at will.

You should request a PU strip at 3/4ths of the closure so there is something for you to sew down.

They can also put baby hair at the part that has no PU strip...which is the part that will line your forehead if you want.

Don't forget to specify color.

Good Luck
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2013 at 8:27pm
@beebeexx and Weave Star: Thanks for the detailed info! This is a tremendous help!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic