Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Breakage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Need Help With Breaking Hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
gpt1970 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gpt1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 9:27am
We will have to do the vitamins, she refuses to do tracks or wigs again. Thanks so much again.
Sponsored Links

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 9:56am
Tracks jacked my hair up too  for years. If she took that weave out, she could gel her hair into a tiny ponytail. She would use eco styler gel, and or something like murray's pomade and a hard bristle brush men use. Also tie it down with a tight scarf to set it well. Then she can put on a marley /AFRO Texture synthetic hair in a bun http://www.amazon.com/RastAfri-Malibu-Afro-Kinky-Braid/dp/B00AXRHVV6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_bt_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=138Q0JE7XJB2XFWFWKVN to replicate her texture like the last video above. 

This can get her through this while you TEACH her to oil her scalp every night with a sulfur oil. Take her hair growth pills (Maxi Hair) Turn her head upside down and massage the scalp for about 15 minutes each night. Then brush the edges down and  tie the edges down with a satin scarf to be ready for school the next day. This can be her new regimen. You 
Buy her a Marley/Afro synthetic hair in color number 1b
Eco styler gel, murray's pomade, a hard bristle brush, a satin scarf, a sulfur oil and Maxi hair pills.
Help her by showing her the video of how to do a bun with marley twist textured afro hair.

Edited by LadyAradia - Feb 18 2014 at 10:06am
Malexandre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malexandre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 2:19pm
I think u should shave her head to the length of the shorter hair. based on the pictures I really don't see how you would do a bun or cornrows with her hair that short... If you are having struggle with her hair breaking trying to force it into a bun with gels is only gonna makes things worst. 
Either shave her head and start back from scratch or get her to wear a lace wig, you can show her some of the  lace wig application on this forum to comfort her. I thing she s scare of wig cause she thing its only for old people and it looks obvious which is not the case anymore nowadays. (Beyonce)

Or if you want she can get a hair cut, like a  pixie mohawk hairstyle. Apparently her hair are shorter in the back and in the side. Rihanna, Miley Cyrus, Willow Smith ... I know those are not the best examples out there but  she s a young girl and she will accept it better this way. 

The goal is really to find a hairstyle that won't put too much stress on her hair and will look cute so she doesn't feel self conscious. 

When it comes to product and vitamins, the recommendation made by the ladies on this thread should help. 

VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 12:25am
PLEASE HAVE YOUR DAUGHTER TO REVIEW THIS POST AND THE FOLLOWING VIDEOS
I am an ex hairstylist. Unfortunately, hairstylists do NOT help Black American women to either grow healthy hair or long hair. They only try to 1)Cut your hair off and charge for chemical treatments and weaves that "jack your hair up". They do not educate women on how to care for their hair and typically you hair will get more jacked up over the years going to stylists  especially if you never learn to care for your own hair. 
I suggest you have your daughter to join the hairlista.com website or to study the hair growth or newbie hair growth section of this site. There is a wealth of information on both sites to teach her what things are good for African American hair and how to start a journey of being responsible for your OWN hair on a daily basis. The stylist is not going home with you, generally only know about styling hair. They are not trained well in at home maintenance (you can learn more about that online than from salons),  and they usually cut off way too much hair.
I  do recommend you get her some basics for self care.
1)Hello Hydration Conditioner 
Learn how to use it INSTEAD of a shampoo (This is called CONDITIONER ONLY Washing or CO Washing. This is like DIY Wen cleansing product)

Learning to do this is VITAL for AA hair as regular shampoos strip all the few natural oils we have, dry it out and make it break off like your daughter's is doing
2) ApHogee two minute conditioner
This is a mild protein conditioner and will help with breakage.
3) Some conditioner caps (look like shower caps) you may sleep w/ these on when your hair is suffering from dryness.

4) Satin bonnets or satin scarves. Cover the hair with these at night to protect the hair from harsh drying cotton fibers which wick out moisture and cause dryness and breakage
5) Sulphur oil to apply to scalp at night to promote growth.
6) A moisture leave in  to moisturize the hairs at night
I THINK THE MIXTURE IN THE VIDEO BELOW WOULD WORK BEST FOR YOUR DAUGHTER'S HAIR TYPE, especially if you get the Hello Hydration Conditioner for a CO Wash cleanser. You can just use the same thing with some VEGETABLE GLYCERINE, water and oil to moisturize and seal your daughter's hair daily. SO THIS VIDEO BELOW IS FOR HER DAILY MOISTURE.
A good daily moisture spray mist could include: water, Vegetable glycerine, and a natural oil (possibly aloe vera juice). Maybe rosemary and/or peppermint essential oils which are good for hair growth.
7)Natural oils like Extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil to apply to hair daily before bed. Use this to seal in the moisture each night.
8) Maxi Hair Vitamins
There are a lot of helpful hairlistas with youtube channels like the ones above. have your daughter to subscribe to some of these ladies who have hair like hers and LEARN. But unfortunately hairstylists do not help  to grow hair. They just will cut it off and send you home clueless. This from an ex stylist and ex beauty school teacher.

Edited by LadyAradia - Feb 19 2014 at 3:06am
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 19 2014 at 2:02am
PS I take it the ends of your daughter's hair is relaxed?  How long are the longer sections? Still about 8"?
Shaving her head would help no one and would only get rid of the situation so no one has to deal with her or her hair. I don't think you want to ERASE your daughter's hair. I think you want to save it.

What she needs is some sort of protective style like a pony tail, bun or cornrows where she does not have to do daily manipulation or using styling heat etc. If she has a bun or pony tail of sorts, she can look cute, KEEP HER HAIR MOISTURIZED, just slick it back and concentrate on school while it fills back in. 
  • She does not need a wig to cover up her hair. She needs to learn to care for it and moisturize it daily. 
  • She does not need a weave to keep the breakage going higher and higher. She needs to be able to get to all of her scalp and hair to moisturize ALL of her hair every night and seal it with a natural oil and use sulfur oil on all of her scalp.
  • Shaving her head would make her cry more and get rid of the head ache for  the adults.
Take out the additions, figure out if she will get a touch up or not and then figure what kind of REST you can give her hair. How can it be sleaked back so she can oil it regularly and give it moisture therapy. Maybe a bun sleaked back, maybe corn rows, maybe a phonytail. Looking at what she has left you can creatively figure out how to give her hair a  break most naturally. Then work on getting her in a daily moisturizing and sealing regimen, using sulfur oil on the scalp and taking hair vitamins.
Happy Hair Growing (HHG) and Happy Hair Journey (HHJ)

PS : IF your daughter wants to do a STYLE instead of just sleaking it away in a bun or phonytail .... She could get her relaxer touched up, have a blunt line cut on the bottom of whatever hair is left,  tidy up the broken parts and wear and EDGY hairstyle like this that is intentionally shaved around the sides and back where your daughter experienced breakage. Outline the perimeter of the short hair so it looks as if it is intended to be this way and go for it!

She would use gel on the short parts and she would WRAP  the longer hair at night and oil it. If the front at the hairline is broken, gel it and use a head band to disguise the shortness there. Here is a video on how to wrap the hair at night to keep the flat ironing straight longer. Ateya also incorporates  ApHogee products which are EXCELLENT for breakage. I recommend the entire line.
If you're going to a salon for this, PLEASE go to one that specializes in Afro hair to avoid more angst and tears. I recommend Dominican salons in general for healthy hair care for African American hair.

Edited by LadyAradia - Feb 19 2014 at 4:25am
Belloavenue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belloavenue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2014 at 1:53am
You can try vitamin shampoo to prevent your hair fall.You can also contact to any saloon for best treatment for your hair.
cocopuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cocopuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2014 at 7:55pm
I did not see this post until today. First, I am sorry your daughter is going through this.
As I look at the pics you posted, I want to encourage you by saying that while your daughter has experienced breakage, I am not seeing "thinning."

If your daughter is taking the Adderall to specifically address ADHD, then it may be doubly frustrating for her to have the patience that everyone embarking on a journey to healthy growing hair must have. She may not be able to have that kind of patience at the beginning due to what's going on with her on a chemical level.

Since Adderall revs the respiratory and cardiovascular system up and at the same time suppresses the appetite, she's not getting the basic internal nutrition she needs because her body is in overdrive. The hair vitamins really only work when the body already has its basic nutritional needs met through daily food intake, (and whatever the food does not provide), an additional daily multivitamin, etc.

For the internal:
Where there is a nutritional deficit, any "hair growth" nutrition that the hair vitamins offer will be first utilized by the body for its basic nutrition. Given what's gone on with your daughter's appetite, this would contribute to why she wasn't seeing any difference with the hair vitamins or other supplements she was taking, as they are designed to "supplement" not replace. I would suggest getting some Herbalife shake mix, because she needs some kind of meal replacement to address the nutritional deficiency that is affecting the strength of her hair. They have an allergen free mix as well as other mixes of different flavors. For her, this might feel less like taking vitamins and more like just having a milkshake. In her case, I am suggesting this in addition to whatever regular meal(s) she is consuming, which doesn't seem like a lot.

For the external:
I would check out some youtube videos on hair coiling and faux hawk styles. Her thickness is there and between coiling and/or curl/ringlet definition she can really explore some cute styles. All is not lost!!!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12