FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Need help convincing mum!!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

glossylocks63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glossylocks63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help convincing mum!!
    Posted: Jul 28 2016 at 7:39am
Hello, this is my first time on this forum.  Before I continue, I would like to give you guys a bit of background about my hair:
I began relaxing my hair when I was about 7 years old.  Each time I had a touch up, I recall that the hairdresser didn't just put the relaxer in my new growth, but she also spread it all across my hair.  Although I occasionally braided my hair, the damage crept up to me when I was in grade 4.  A week or two after a "touch up", I noticed that a lot of my hair fell off on my pillow.  I told my mum about the suspected breakage, but she first blamed me for cutting my hair.  To add insult to injury, when she took out the twist-out the hairdresser did after the touch up, my whole entire front edge area had broke off.  When my mum finally realized that it was breakage, not her child cutting their own hair, she decided to braid my hair to grow the edges back.  About 4 years of braiding later, not only have my edges grown back, but my hair was at the time natural.  Because I desired to have a relaxed hair style (and also because my mum looks down upon natural hair), I had my hair relaxed in grade 8.  After that, my hair looked very nice. 

But fast forward a year later, my hair looks dull.  Why?  Well, I can't target just one thing, but it is through multiple hair mistakes, such as putting relaxer on already relaxed hair, not using a protein treatment after touch-ups, and not washing my hair frequently*(which results in not conditioning frequently).  I have been looking up "how to take care of relaxed hair" since I was in middle school (I'm now in high school), but when I try to tell my mum these facts, she either shrugs it off or gets mad at me**.  Although I don't like dealing with my parents in general when they're angry, I also don't want to deal with dry, damaged hair until I turn 18.

Any ideas on how to talk to my mum about better ways to take care of hair?  Thanks!!LOL
*My mum and I have different opinions on what counts as washing hair too much.  While she considers washing weekly too much, I consider washing twice a week (with shampoo) as too much.

**I understand that my mum and I don't see eye to eye on every issue.  Although she is clearly in the right most of the time, I'm not sure if she's still on the same side on this issue.
Sponsored Links

China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic