Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Need advice

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
lovely007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovely007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need advice
    Posted: Jun 05 2014 at 5:39pm
Okay. I'm new here. Lol

About a year ago, i had my daughter. After she was born, most of my hair fell out and its not growing back. Oil treatments, washing every week and a half, protective styling and trimming my ends. My hair was about shoulder length. I got everything checked out at the doctors office. Everything is fine. Am i doing something wrong? Can someone reccomend some products and if anyone has lost their hair after pregnancy can you let me know what you did to grow it back? Btw..my hair fell out in the middle and back. Im relaxed. Should i just cut my hair?
Sponsored Links

flwonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flwonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2014 at 6:49pm
With my daughter, my hair grew like weeds! It was thick, shiny, healthy, etc. 
With my son, my hair grew as well but not like when I was pregnant with my daughter and then it just started falling out. 

I attributed it to the decline of the hormones in my system and started taking prenatals again until my system normalized. That worked for me. 
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 2:08am
Originally posted by lovely007 lovely007 wrote:

Okay. I'm new here. Lol

About a year ago, i had my daughter. After she was born, most of my hair fell out and its not growing back. Oil treatments, washing every week and a half, protective styling and trimming my ends. My hair was about shoulder length. I got everything checked out at the doctors office. Everything is fine. Am i doing something wrong? Can someone reccomend some products and if anyone has lost their hair after pregnancy can you let me know what you did to grow it back? Btw..my hair fell out in the middle and back. Im relaxed. Should i just cut my hair?

You may need to be a little more specific as to the products you are using.
eva92watson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eva92watson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2014 at 7:26am
Some women tend to lose hair during pregnancy. That's normal and regrowing is normal too, but in your case it if is not regrowing, do check with a trichologist. There may be other issues with the same.< ="text/">P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm; direction: ltr; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); line-height: 115%; }P.western { font-family: "Times New Roman",serif; font-size: 12pt; }P.cjk { font-family: "Droid Sans Fallback"; font-size: 12pt; }P.ctl { font-family: "Lohit Hindi"; font-size: 12pt; }A:link {Some women tend to lose hair during pregnancy. That's normal and regrowing is normal too, but in your case it if is not regrowing, do check with a trichologist. There may be other issues with the same.
Daniel.bryn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel.bryn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 2:45am
HELLO........Smile
All new moms experience hair loss, though some lose more than others.

Here's why it happens. During pregnancy, changes in your hormone levels cause your hair to stay in a resting phase for longer, so you lose less hair on a daily basis. (You may have noticed that your hair seemed thicker than usual.)

After you've given birth and your hormones have settled down — usually at about 12 weeks after delivery — more hair shifts into a shedding phase. You may be alarmed to find hair coming out by the handful.

Normally, you lose about 100 to 125 hairs a day, but after delivery, you may be losing about 500 a day. This can be very disturbing, but try not to worry too much — you won't go bald!

There's little you can do about the shedding, other than to be patient. The shedding tends to be most noticeable when you're shampooing or brushing your hair, so you may find that shampooing less frequently or letting your hair dry naturally instead of brushing and blow-drying helps slow the loss.

On the other hand, it's going to fall out at some point, and you might prefer that it happen in private. Regular washing and brushing may help you avoid leaving a trail of shedding hair behind you all day. Try using a thickening shampoo if you feel your locks are getting too thin.

You may notice fine "baby" hair growing along your hairline at the top of your forehead once the shedding phase has ended. Having bangs can do a lot to camouflage this wispy new growth while it's growing out.

Within another six months or so, your hair should be back to its normal pre-pregnancy thickness, but you may find that the texture of your hair is never exactly the same. It may be wavier or straighter or more dry or oily than it was before pregnancy. This is probably due to the hormonal upheaval you've just been through.

If the hair loss doesn't seem to be slowing and you're still losing lots of hair six or so months after delivery, check in with a dermatologist or your healthcare provider. It may be a sign that you're low on iron, which is not entirely uncommon for new moms.
Colored extensions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colored extensions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:47pm
Hi everyone for hair loss issues my experience suggestions are biotin victims
Olive oil
Fresh Avocado
Fresh Aloe Vera plant
Hair crease alcohal free
Menthol is great for hair like wild grow
Brushing hair frequently
Mineral oil
Head massages
Stay stress free
Sarah Yip 2014 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarah Yip 2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2014 at 10:53pm
I guess it is about metabolism.So don't be so stressful.
diachawla1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diachawla1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2014 at 4:57am
Originally posted by Colored extensions Colored extensions wrote:

Hi everyone for hair loss issues my experience suggestions are biotin victims
Olive oil
Fresh Avocado
Fresh Aloe Vera plant
Hair crease alcohal free
Menthol is great for hair like wild grow
Brushing hair frequently
Mineral oil
Head massages
Stay stress free

All these products are very good to use for hairs regrowth. Thanks for your suggestion to her.Because after my pregnancy i also need this type of Advice.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic