Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Braids
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need Advice! Braider Burned my Synthetic Braids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need Advice! Braider Burned my Synthetic Braids

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Krissyxoxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krissyxoxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need Advice! Braider Burned my Synthetic Braids
    Posted: Jun 10 2014 at 11:41am
I got my hair braided in jumbo braids and I was disappointed because the hairs kept sticking out of the braids. Even when she snipped them with scissors they just keep sticking out the braids. I just felt that she didn't braid them neatly or something so I went back and asked her to fix it and she she snipped the ends sticking out of the braids with scissors again all the way to my root and she used a lighter throughout the braids. I told her not to get close to my real hair and she said my real hair will not get burnt. Is she right? The braids are fairly large but still she had that lighter all through my hair. And now the braids are kind of stiff. Will the it look more natural as time goes on and the braids get older? is my real hair still ok after her burning the braids? My real hair is mid neck length (short).
Sponsored Links

DivaMelody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DivaMelody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 1:28pm
You answered your own questions. She likely cut and burned your real hair. Yes real hair can and will burn. This not a good method to deal with flyways after braiding   I tie mine down with as card to handle any hair that may be sticking up. But a lot of hair sticking out means either bad braided or your hair is blunt cat and won't wrap around braids or you have curly hair.
DivaMelody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DivaMelody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 12 2014 at 1:29pm
You will likely have choppy ends an damage upon removing. Also they do soften after burning but will take weeks
MissAnnaMC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MissAnnaMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 13 2014 at 10:28am
Yeah it sounds like she definitely cut and burned your hair. I wouldn't go back to her again because to be honest, once you tell a hairstylist what you do and don't want them to do, they should abide and not just go ahead and do what they want. By all means they can offer their opinion but she shouldn't have gone ahead once you voiced your reservations.

Your hair is probably not that bad and it will recover so don't worry about it, go on youtube and learn how to do your own braids, It's a lot easier than you think and you can do them as big or small as you like. Plus, once you know how to do it yourself, if there's something not right, you're not reliant on a stylist, you can just redo it.
NigerianHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NigerianHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 1:32pm
Yea, no bueno. Very little scissor snipping should happen and NO burning should happen either. Usually dipping in hot water alleviates all the frizziness. (Braider for 16 years)
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2014 at 1:58pm
she should've just dipped the braids in hot water. She has no sense and don't go back to her again.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic