Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

NBA Star Russell Westbrook Engaged--$700K Ring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 4:24pm

Russell Westbrook Signs $80 Million Contract Extension With Thunder

Russell Westbrook has reportedly signed a five-year maximum extension with the Oklahoma City Thunder that will pay him $80 million over that span.

Russell Westbrook Contract Will Put Financial Pressure On Thunder In 2013

The Oklahoma City Thunder have reportedly reached a five-year, $80 million contract extension with fourth-year point guardRussell Westbrook. Westbrook, an All-Star and All-NBA honoree in 2011, will start the new contract in the 2012-13 season, and it carry him through 2016-17.

In the immediate term, the contract won't have a huge impact on Oklahoma City's push to win a championship with the current core. More repressive luxury tax penalties don't come into effect until the 2013-14 season, meaning that if Thunder general manager Sam Presti needs to augment the team in the 2012 offseason, he should have relatively few limitations beyond those that nearly all contending teams face with regards to player movement restrictions.

But the following summer will be much, much more difficult for the Thunder, as two key players -- sixth man extraordinaire James Harden and power forward Serge Ibaka -- will be on track for a payday.

Harden and Ibaka, who both debuted in the 2009-10, are actually eligible for early extensions as of July 1, 2012, though those contracts wouldn't kick in until the 2013-14 season. If Oklahoma City can't reach deals with the players by the October 2012 deadline, they would become restricted free agents in July 2013.

Here's the problem: with just Durant and Westbrook alone, some $33.5 million in 2013-14 salary will be locked up. Kendrick Perkinsis also due more than $8 million that season, and if Harden and Ibaka each demand their own Westbrookian contracts, the Thunder will be pressing up against the luxury tax line while accounting for just five players.

It could force the Thunder to trade Westbrook to make room for Harden and Ibaka, or be willing to let go of either Harden (unlikely) or Ibaka. Alternately, the Thunder could wade headfirst into the luxury tax pool, should owner Clay Bennett decide that building a dynasty is more important than turning a profit in a small market.

It will definitely be interesting to see how this plays out for a team on the rise. There's time ... but not too much.

For more on the Thunder, visit Welcome To Loud City.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/1/19/2718918/russell-westbrook-contract-extension-oklahoma-city-thunder

Edited by bindy - Sep 04 2014 at 4:25pm
Sponsored Links

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Wonder, did you hear that Alyssa M had the baby\?

Yeah I commented on it in the Mistress thread. That's two babies in a pretty short time, she must be done.

And lol@ the prenup comment...already planning the end.

I'm an optimist LOL
TexturizedDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote TexturizedDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

I'm happy She's a Sista....

I'm happy she's a normal one and not an exotical...
NuAttitude View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

I'm happy She's a Sista....
Me too!!
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 5:54pm
Look at that brown skin and that nice wide nose. 
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 5:54pm
She kinda reminds me of Nicole Beharie
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 6:27pm
they look so cute together
she's 6ft 1

NBA player Russell Westbrook оf соurѕе iѕ thе star point guard fоr thе Oklahoma Thunder, nоw cruising thеir wау thrоugh thе playoffs оn thеir route tо аn NBA championship. Evеrуоnе knоwѕ thаt thiѕ iѕ a team fоr thе ages, young еnоugh аnd talented еnоugh tо build a dynasty in America’s heartland whеrе Russell Westbrook’s girlfriend pretty Nina earl who is an amazing basketball player herself саn cheer him оn tо victory fоr years.  #ninaearl, #russellwestbrook, #oklahomathunder #nbawags @fabwags

NuAttitude View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NuAttitude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 6:32pm
Awww they are a cute couple.  Tongue
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 6:47pm
Wow..they look beautiful together..and she's so tall.  I didn't expect that.  Gone gurrl!
smaison View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote smaison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 8:35pm
too much money for a ring? there is no such thing. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic