Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Nature vs Nurture?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 7:03am
Group thinkers are disgusting and afro hit on the head
Sponsored Links

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 8:59am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

One would need a longitudinal study over the course of multiple generations controlling subjects from grandparents to your actual study subjects two generations later. Controlling their society, environment, diet education eliminating inequity etc etc

I think humans are an amalgam of both and more often than not, our reactions to society and how we perceive it and participate in it is by large part a result of nurture which affects out natural scholastic abilities

But it's a broad question and maybe better answered by asking a specific question. However when you look at civilisations in the past, there has always been a strong presence of group think and acceptable group behaviour.

Don't know if that makes any sense
Confused now Afro, Unfoolish was already confused about the topic, a synopsis on longitundinal studies tho? LOL
I believe if I'm not mistaken that had been done (the study) with the twins separated from birth, they were followed & similarities were quantified.

I personally would write the paper from a stance that both nature and nurture are so closely intertwined that it is nearly impossible to isolate either.

But I believe after reading what Unfoolish wrote she was leaning towards nature being the stronger influence.
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 2:19pm
LOL word ^

imo, i do believe nurture has more of an influence but you'll always have some of your parents in you.
but in the situation of the twins, i see more nature.

why cant i make this sh*t relatable for me

ima brainstorm again this shouldnt rly be hard
Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 3:42pm
You're making it harder than it needs to be. LOL. Pick a side & go!! tbh I find that the Professor really doesn't care what your argument is as long as you can support it. So your best bet is to pick whatever side & find info to support that side. I wrote a paper on this a while ago, but of course I can't locate it to help you.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 3:54pm
You can use google scholar and google 'twin studies'. You should be able to reference it in your paper.Big smile
missunfoolish View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missunfoolish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 3:57pm
lol i know, first wk back to school and i cant think

would me being less girly than my mom be an example of nature vs nurture?

i naturally have estrogen whatever but i tend to like things boys like, but i do love to do my makeup and hair, but id never wear a dress or skirt, but i love seeing others wear it
my mom is the most girly of people but im just not like her

growing up my mom bought us toys that were us, id get barbie and my brother would get power rangers or something

my friends did play games, and they had older brothers too. 

my dad wasnt around, and i was raised more so by my grandmother & mom
so why am i not more in touch with my 'girly' sides... 

no idea where im going with this, lol
good example OR NAH? LOL
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2014 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Jewelsnyc Jewelsnyc wrote:

"For example, when a person achieves tremendous academic success, did they do so because they are genetically predisposed to be successful or is it a result of an enriched environment? If a man abuses his wife and kids, is it because he was born with violent tendencies or is it something he learned by observing his own parents behavior?

A few examples of biologically determined characteristics (nature) include certain genetic diseases, eye color, hair color, and skin color. Other things like life expectancy and height have a strong biological component, but they are also influenced by environmental factors and lifestyle.

An example of a nativist theory within psychology is Chomsky's concept of a language acquisition device (or LAD). According to this theory, all children are born with an instinctive mental capacity that allows them to both learn and produce language.

A number of characteristics are tied to environmental influences. How a person behaves can be tied to influence such as parenting styles and learned experiences. For example, a child might learn through observation and reinforcement to say 'please' and 'thank you.' Another child might learn to behave aggressively by observing older children engage in violent behavior on the playground."

Wink
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12