Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Naturals with bangs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection
 

Naturals with bangs

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>




The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 21 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 8035
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Naturals with bangs
    Posted: Apr 27 2010 at 10:37pm
I'm really starting to consider getting some side bangs. I'm wondering if this would be a good idea since my hair is naturally tightly curled and I avoid heat so would I just end up lookin like a poodle with bangs? Do those with bangs find it hard to to pull your hair back. And if it is a good idea do you guys think it would look okay with my round face shape?

I'm thinking of something around this length except of course it'll be curly



Please be honest I'm only considering it but I have some doubts!
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
AllyOrNotAlly View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 24 2010
Location: US - Michigan
Status: Offline
Points: 7652
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllyOrNotAlly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2010 at 10:56pm
I have bangs...sorta. They were by accident. I left one said of my hair in the front longer than the other so I use it as bangs to hide it sometimes. I'm not ashamed of my uneven hair though XD


That's my hair about a month ago...iunno if you can see the bang that well.


that's a more recent pic of my bangs with gel on em.

I think it depends on how you style your bangs when it comes to whether you'll look like a poodle or not.
Back to Top
natosha99 View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 20 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 669
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natosha99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2010 at 11:10pm
I just posted my bangs in the post your fro section, but i'll do it again...



but the top of my head has fine, loose hair, and the rest of my head is coarse and wavy. I like my bangs. I don't know if you can really compare that picture of Nicole Richie to AA hair, tho....
Back to Top
nikietc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 11 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 12142
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nikietc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 27 2010 at 11:55pm
I have had bangs for 17, yes 17, years. I've had every type of bang: Chinese bangs, super long bangs going forward, bangs parted all the way back at the crown of my head, bangs parted down the middle making two side bangs, errrything!

however, right now I am trying to grow them out. for me, they're more trouble than they're worth. actually, at the length they are now (more like a long side swept bang at this point...kinda what you're looking for) they are more bearable, but I'm over them.

How does your hair act to humidity? if it goes crazy, then bangs may not be for you. your bangs will stick straight up and no amount of prayer/hair dance/hair ceremony will help. do you get hot easily? extra hair on your face will only make it worse. do you use a lot of products on your hair? your products will rub off on your face and make your face shiny and possibly break out. do you think you'll get tired of them and want to pull them back? arm yourself with lots of gel and bobby pins. is your hair strong near the hairline? it has to be to deal with the new manipulation.

They're heat damaged now (a result of trying desperately to get them to look right at all those awkward stages), so I don't think a current picture of them would do you any good unless you still wanna see what they look like. Here's a (bad) picture of them 8 or 9 years ago fighting humidity (I wore rollers at night to get the curl):
*poof*
my face is roundish/squarish, so maybe you can get an idea of what they'd look like on you.

I'm not trying to discourage you from bangs, because I begged my mom for them and wore them proudly for years, but these are just some things to think about. I know I wish I would've thought about the awkward grow out phase when I was 8 years old and handed her the sissors! LOL


Edited by nikietc - Apr 30 2010 at 12:35pm
Back to Top
gabelle View Drop Down
Junior Member
Junior Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 28 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 150
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gabelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2010 at 4:11am
I say go for it, tho I'm biased cause I'm addicted to bangs thanks to my forehead but ever since my BC they've been nonexistent. Now that I'm starting to get length and see growth they're making a comeback and I'm oh so excited to see them again, lol
Back to Top
chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 21 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 8035
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2010 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by AllyOrNotAlly AllyOrNotAlly wrote:

I have bangs...sorta. They were by accident. I left one said of my hair in the front longer than the other so I use it as bangs to hide it sometimes. I'm not ashamed of my uneven hair though XD

 
That's my hair about a month ago...iunno if you can see the bang that well.

 
that's a more recent pic of my bangs with gel on em.

I think it depends on how you style your bangs when it comes to whether you'll look like a poodle or not.


Aww cute pics lol and curly hair can totally get away with uneven-ness anyways
Back to Top
chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 21 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 8035
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2010 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by natosha99 natosha99 wrote:

I just posted my bangs in the post your fro section, but i'll do it again...



but the top of my head has fine, loose hair, and the rest of my head is coarse and wavy. I like my bangs. I don't know if you can really compare that picture of Nicole Richie to AA hair, tho....


Nice pic, it's just like me my hair is also looser on top and in the front. Yea I know, I was just showing the length I'm thinking of if not longer since my hair is curly.
Back to Top
chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 21 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 8035
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2010 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by nikietc nikietc wrote:

I have had bangs for 17, yes 17, years. I've had every type of bang: Chinese bangs, super long bangs going forward, bangs parted all the way back at the crown of my head, bangs parted down the middle making two side bangs, errrything!

however, right now I am trying to grow them out. for me, they're more trouble than they're worth. actually, at the length they are now (more like a long side swept bang at this point...kinda what you're looking for) they are more bearable, but I'm over them.

How does your hair act to humidity? if it goes crazy, then bangs may not be for you. your bangs will stick straight up and no amount of prayer/hair dance/hair ceremony will help. do you get hot easily? extra hair on your face will only make it worse. do you use a lot of products on your hair? your products will rub off on your face and make your face shiny and possibly break out. do you think you'll get tired of them and want to pull them back? arm yourself with lots of gel and bobby pins. is your hair strong near the hairline? it has to be to deal with the new manipulation.

They're heat damaged now (a result of trying desperately to get them to look right at all those awkward stages), so I don't think a current picture of them would do you any good unless you still wanna see what they look like. Here's a (bad) picture of them 8 or 9 years ago fighting humidity (I wore rollers at night to get the curl):
 
my face is roundish/squarish, so maybe you can get an idea of what they'd look like on you.

I'm not trying to discourage you from bangs, because I begged my mom for them and wore them proudly for years, but these are just some things to think about. I know I wish I would've thought about the awkward grow out phase when I was 8 years old and handed her the sissors! LOL


Lol thanks for the pics and honest opinion looks like you know quite a bit about bangs lol! Those are the exact same things I doubt about except my hair will lay down if there's product in it and i stretch it. Lol I also got my bangs cut when i was younger and it started to get really annoying and found myself pulling it back so I guess it may not be a good idea for me. Also I often wear my hair up and I only liked my bangs when my hair was down but ugh when I see them they look so nice. I'm not willing to straighten it all the time though!
Back to Top
chrissypoo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Nov 21 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 8035
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2010 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by gabelle gabelle wrote:

I say go for it, tho I'm biased cause I'm addicted to bangs thanks to my forehead but ever since my BC they've been nonexistent. Now that I'm starting to get length and see growth they're making a comeback and I'm oh so excited to see them again, lol


Lol thanks I'm thinking about it it might just be awkward for me with curly hair. I love how they look though!
Back to Top
AllyOrNotAlly View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member
Avatar

Joined: Feb 24 2010
Location: US - Michigan
Status: Offline
Points: 7652
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllyOrNotAlly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2010 at 4:16pm
Awwww thanks ^^ My hair definitely gets away with it since I can just pat down the longer part and make it into a shape-ish fro.
Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down