Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

naturals who weave it up (sew in)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

Author
sbrooke View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrooke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 12:35am
Originally posted by ballinactress11 ballinactress11 wrote:

1. how long do you leave the sew in in for
- about 2 1/2- 3 months

2. how much of a break do you give your hair in between sew ins...like do you do them back to back or you take 2-4 weeks off
- I usually give myself between 1 to 3 days.

3. do you feel sew ins have thinned your hair (major concern of mine)
-Never thinned my hair, I get great growth
4. do you feel sew ins have contributed to growth or are just a mere style and have not helped nor hindered your hair

-Its given me so much growth!
Sponsored Links

Stephenk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2011 at 1:21am

varies...I do my own hair so it depends on my mood, but the longest i kept hair in was 4 months...
2. how much of a break do you give your hair in between sew ins...like do you do them back to back or you take 2-4 weeks off
at least 2 weeks
nope
4. do you feel sew ins have contributed to growth or are just a mere style and have not helped nor hindered your hair

it helped my retain my hair growth...
[/QUOTE]
DOLLHOUSESTYLIN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOLLHOUSESTYLIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 11:37pm
What do you woman think about the new vixen sew in?

I've had alot of clients ask me to do them, but they seem damaging to the base and in consistent in the flow of the hair. i do like the idea of more flexibility. They are be coming popular to. So I guess Ive got to supply for the the demand.

What do you think about this type of sew in method. Healthy or unhealthy?
vjordan82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vjordan82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2014 at 3:01pm
1. How long do you leave the sew in in for?

I keep my sew in from anywhere from 8-15 weeks depending on the type of weave I use and also the stylist

2. how much of a break do you give your hair in between sew ins...like do you do them back to back or you take 2-4 weeks off?

I give my hair anywhere from 2 weeks til 1 month break. Mainly because I miss my hair and I want to cause as little stress on the hair as possible.

Yes, I do feel that it has but only a little, but since I constantly where it in sew ins my hair is finally Shoulder length.

4. do you feel sew ins have contributed to growth or are just a mere style and have not helped nor hindered your hair?

Definitely contributed to growth, but be careful with edges and putting too much heat on leave out, between sew ins I usually where buns or braids.

Petiteagneau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Petiteagneau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2014 at 4:17pm
1. As someone who does her own sew ins, I take mine out anywhere from 1 month to two weeks. I cannot stand washing my hair in weave. I detangle only post takedown and before braiding (after washing without in sections) and literally lose like five strands. I don't understand the elaborate wash routines...

2. I wear weaves back to back since I wash so frequently but I'll take weekends off or a week.

3. Yes and no. I feel my hair has thinned from braiding my thinner crown but not from weave. I did notice drier hair which I would suspect would lead to thinning from senagalese twists but I took those out after 1 week.

4. Yes. I went from a big chop of 2-3 inches to 8 inches growth some year and 2 months. My hair grows fast, but you must still trim your ends. It is now a little past my shoulder straightened. Be warned early on however you should aim for a weave that matches a texture you can achieve without heat. My bangs are considerably shorter but once I started included them in sew ins (since I can't let go of my straight weave), they've grown considerably.

I discuss my journey on goddesshair.blogspot.com and will be posting on my various weaves.
loveyessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveyessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 8:40am
Originally posted by ballinactress11 ballinactress11 wrote:

Hey yall...so after much debate im considering getting a sew in to revamp my look as I move up in life and begin gradute school in the fall!!!! i can remember being on bhm back in highschool...my how time flies.

Anywho i wanted to ask a few questions to you naturals who wear sew ins because i know i could relate to you all more so than a relaxed hair individual so let me begin

I normally leave my sew ins in for about 2 months. I don't go any longer due to excessive tangling and matting during my take-down.

It honestly depends on my mood since I do my own weaves. But I try to give my hair at least an 2 week break after each takedown.

No, my hair is on the thin side to begin with. Sew ins haven't changed that.

Sew ins have contributed to all of my growth (currently grazing BSL). While my hair is in the sew ins I still take care of it but as far as washing/conditioning etc but I don't have to manipulate it as much as I would if I didn't have a sew in.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style