Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Naturals that went texterized or relax? Help

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
IKnoULuvNiesha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IKnoULuvNiesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Naturals that went texterized or relax? Help
    Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 12:02am
Right now my hair has been natural for almost 2 years. Prior to that I've been relaxed for years. My relaxed days were good/bad experience because I had manageable hair but didn't know how to care for it and always resulted to straightening it and breaking it off. Overall I loved relaxed hair. Anyway I have a love hate relationship with my hair when it's natural because I love that my hair is growing (I've been taking care of it) but I hate that bad shrinkage I get when I wash it. Nor do do I like any of the natural hairstyles besides the puff which gives me a headache. I don't mind washing it regularly but when I do I would have to use an entire day to deal with my hair and I simply do not have the time for that. Now for the issue I was considering doing a texterizer on my hair but my hair only seems to have a curl pattern when it's wet or has conditioner in it and looks 4a/b but when I dry it and days go by there is no curl pattern and the middle of my hair feels like it's 4c when it's dried up and it's really think and hard to deal with. That is the main reason why I don't think the texterizer is going to do what I want with my hair and why I'm now considering a relaxer again, but this time I would know how to take care of it. Either way I know I'm going to have to spend as much time on my hair cuz their pretty much the same thing but I'm also a person who works out and needs to wash my hair regularly so unless anyone has any success stories with texterized hair n working out I think I might have to go back to being relaxed. 
Sponsored Links

nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 11:18am
    I am a 4a. I have some hair that is curly.....some is wavy. The hair at the back is soft and fine....in the middle it's THICK and wavy....the front is wiry and hardest to work with. 
I was natural for three years when I decided to texturize in order to curb my trichotillomania (my natural hair texture + frequent wash'n'gos = fairy knots/ssk which makes my pulling worse). And while it did curb the pulling until it began to grow out....it destroyed my curl pattern. When I put heat on it one time about 8 months after.....what little texture I had left on the ends was completely and permanently gone.
 I stopped relaxing because after I had my daughter, my hair seemed to change and relaxing my hair left it with a mushy, almost dissolved texture. And now my texturized ends are more tangly then the unprocessed new growth.....and thin.  I can't part with the length yet since I've only been transitioning for a year. In that time I have cut about 4-5 inches off. So I am roughly at the length I was pre-texturizer. I have spent the better part of the last year in yarn braids,  yarn twists, crochet braids and wigs to avoid dealing with the two different textures. I certainly can't say this is a success story....but considering what you are looking for, it may help.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2014 at 2:35pm
Hi IKnoULuvNiesha,

I wrote some stuff about texturizer that you may be interested in reading.

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/topic368937_post10895589.html#10895589

The regimen this post is located in (also on page 72) seems like it be compatible with what you are looking for in terms of being able to wash your hair often and having easier to manage hair as well, since moisture= manageability.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic