Mynx Hair

Author
growing_hair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2009 at 5:47am
Originally posted by OnMyJourney OnMyJourney wrote:

Originally posted by growing_hair growing_hair wrote:

Originally posted by OnMyJourney OnMyJourney wrote:

Ok, today is the first time i did my wash'n go without gel, and i am happy to report it looks the same. I used the aloe vera jelly that I've had in my cabinet for two months that i never used until today. It makes my hair crunchy tho, so tomorrow I am just going to use one of my conditioners and see how that turns out.

ETA-I had my hair twisted for 4 days, and today is day one of the twist-out(yes even after i wash it), so I hope that it didn't only turn out good cuz of that.

It made your hair crunchy? Was it the food grade type? I've never had that happen. I just stopped using it cause  I found I could skip a step and still have the same looking hair, but it was never crunchy with food grade aloe. What brand did you use?

I used the same kind you had(lily-something), It was in a clear tube. I looked at the ingredients this morn and it has dimethicone, so i think that may have contributed. It also had a list of other ingredients. I did get it from my health food store. I guess i thought it was ONLY going to be aloe vera jelly. That's what i get for not reading the ingredient list,lol.

Today i didn't use gel or gelly. I used oyins shine and define, but it is so runny it doesn't even come close to  mimicking gel. It is more like a leave in. Anyway i think i will only use gel for speial occasions. If my s'curl didn't have parabens, I wouldn't mind using it daily.

Nooo, that's not what I have, I don't use products with cones in them. I have the food grade aloe and it doesn't have ANY cones in it. It's made to be digested, no dimethicone.  I have the Lily of the Desert kind in the jug. It has a thickening agent, citric acid as a pH stabilizer and a mold inhibitor.  Sounds like you have Fruit of the Earth if it's in a tube and that's not pure aloe or food grade.

Mine has the aloe plant symbol and it says ''lily of the desert'', 99% certified organic ingredients. It says used for sun burns skin irritations, etc. I think they are the same company, i just got a different version. Btw-I never knew it was edibleLOL
Sponsored Links

growing_hair View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2009 at 5:50am
Originally posted by talkalotgirl talkalotgirl wrote:

if ladies are looking for curl definition and a natural product a little natural aloe vera gel does help and is good for the hair.  I'm not talking about hair gels' with aloe vera, I'm talking about the natural stuff from the leaf or purchased commercially. 

here are some products that have worked for me, and aloe vera is very good for the scalp and hair.  My hair is retaining moisture much better since I began using it before I seal with oil. 

I don't use too much b/c it can have a flaky effect, if my hair us undermoistureized

I also use aloe vera juice and keep it in the fridge

Aloe%20Pura%20Bio-Active%20Aloe%20Vera%20Juice%20Max%20Strength%201%20litre

Thanks bunches for this post. I was actually going to get the aubreys brand, but it was a bit on the pricey side and i didn't know if it would work or not since i've never heard anything about it. I'm not gonna run out and buy it, but it's something if i see again, i will pick up. Thanks for the review.
OnMyJourney View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2009 at 5:14pm

Mine has the aloe plant symbol and it says ''lily of the desert'', 99% certified organic ingredients. It says used for sun burns skin irritations, etc. I think they are the same company, i just got a different version. Btw-I never knew it was edibleLOL

Yours can NOT be digested, without consequences/bodily harm. You can't drink the kind meant for sun burns. I use organic aloe vera juice and organic aloe vera gel that comes from the plant. It makes a big difference. And yes, it has tons of health benefits (both the juice and gelly from the inner fillet-which is what I have) when ingested. 
ms.mimi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2009 at 12:01am
I really try to only use natural products on my hair, skin and in my body as much as possible. I make my own hair gel. I use gel to get my hair to lay down when wearing it in a bun. It really works great but doesn't give me a helmet head or hard hair.

Ingredients

1/2 to 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1 cup warm water

Instructions

Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup warm water. Keep refrigerated and use as you would a purchased gel.Hair

cmw45 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2009 at 2:15am
Water and Shea Butter.
BrownSkin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 26 2009 at 6:22pm
what about when your doing a bun?? what can i use besides gels and pomades to hold my hair in a bun and to smooth down my edges? i'm trying to stop using gel because my hair is thin on my edges. please give me some tips as while as some advice. thanks in advance!!!!
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic