Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
gimmeMORE. View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gimmeMORE. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Naturally Lighten Hair w/ Cinnamon
    Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 11:28pm
I've tried it but only remembered to do it once. I have noticed that my relaxed 1b hair is a bit lighter and has more of a deep reddish tone to it.  I just wanted to share this article, it might help someone get some natural lighter tones to their hair and it is not supposed to damage your hair either.

EHOW ARTICLE

STEP 1: Combine cinnamon powder and hair conditioner in a one to one mixture. The amount you will need depends on the length of your hair; however, you should have enough to evenly coat your locks from root to tip.

STEP 2: Wet your hair and wring out the excess water. Comb your hair carefully to release any tangles which may prevent even distribution of the cinnamon and conditioner.

STEP 3: Apply the cinnamon and conditioner mixture evenly to your hair, mixing an extra batch if necessary. While you can't use too much, if you use to little your lightening will end up uneven and streaky. You can comb through your hair periodically to help move the cinnamon and conditioner evenly throughout.

STEP 4:
Gather your hair in a bun and secure it with a hair clip. Cover your head with a shower cap and leave the cinnamon and conditioner in your hair overnight. Rinse the mixture from your hair in the morning, shampooing as normal. If you would like to lighten your hair a bit more, apply the mixture again with no worry about damaging your hair.
Sponsored Links

Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 19 2009 at 10:14pm
Do you have a picture??
Originally posted by gimmeMORE. gimmeMORE. wrote:

I've tried it but only remembered to do it once. I have noticed that my relaxed 1b hair is a bit lighter and has more of a deep reddish tone to it. I just wanted to share this article, it might help someone get some natural lighter tones to their hair and it is not supposed to damage your hair either.<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="3">EHOW ARTICLESTEP 1: Combine cinnamon powder and hair conditioner in a one to one mixture. The amount you will need depends on the length
of your hair; however, you should have enough to evenly coat your locks
from root to tip.STEP 2: Wet your hair
and wring out the excess water. Comb your hair carefully to release any
tangles which may prevent even distribution of the cinnamon and
conditioner.STEP 3: Apply the cinnamon and conditioner mixture evenly to your hair, mixing
an extra batch if necessary. While you can't use too much, if you use
to little your lightening will end up uneven and streaky. You can comb
through your hair periodically to help move the cinnamon and
conditioner evenly throughout.STEP 4: Gather your hair in a bun and secure it with a hair clip. Cover your
head with a shower cap and leave the cinnamon and conditioner in your
hair overnight. Rinse the mixture from your hair in the morning,
shampooing as normal. If you would like to lighten your hair a bit
more, apply the mixture again with no worry about damaging your hair.
Shynahh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shynahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 20 2009 at 11:49am
So If I Did This And Washed It Out One Day, Could I Do It Again Immediatly For A Lighter Tone?
Also Is This Safe To Use On Relaxed Hair?
lambkin View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lambkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 23 2009 at 9:14am
Cinnamon makes my skin burn. But it smells great! I think it's safe to use whenever if it doesn't irritate your skin.
Miss ViVi View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss ViVi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 27 2009 at 5:34pm
Very interesting...I may try this one day..
rinthecutie View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rinthecutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 11:17am
Neat.. if it doesn't work at least your hair will smell sweet!
JGCwayZeBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGCwayZeBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 28 2009 at 9:46pm
I've done this plenty of times throughout the past year. Never any negative effects. My hair has natural brown highlights anyways, and the cinnamon has enhanced them. My hair can still look jet black sometimes (at least to me anyways!) but I never used it consistently, so maybe if you use it frequently then you might experience more drastic lightening. 
Lyoness View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyoness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2009 at 6:55am
I used to do this when I first started my journey and i had some nice highlights, I've recently started doing it again..

chamomile is supposed to give similar results also
ac22ford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac22ford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2009 at 2:35pm
Very cool! I love finding affordable natural ways to do certain things!
Scorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2010 at 7:26pm
hmm i tried this the other weekend i left it on for 6 hours but i didnt notice a signifigant difference..But i bleach my hair with Sally Hansen cream hair bleach its a blond/copper color..but its brassy =/..so i did the cinnamon after and it seemed to help redden it..
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic