Perfect Hair Collection

Natural hair staples?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 7:34am
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Oooh but overnight I just ordered a BUNCH of oils. I'm gonna pause before I get anything else though because I need to be on a budget.

LOL damn your fast.  its ok because you will use the oils and can mix them with products to make them work better.  add a few drops of oil with the aloe vera and it will give you a nice hold as well as moisturizing your hair and body.

Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 9:56am

Oooh but overnight I just ordered a BUNCH of oils. I'm gonna pause before I get anything else though because I need to be on a budget.

Awesome natural oils are very important to use daily. For these reasons: They can easily become rancid from seating on your shelf after months. When this happens you cannot always tells, sometimes the oil will start to smell different, become cloudy or change some other way, sometimes you will not notice a difference. So use your oils daily. Also daily use will stimulate your own natural sebum production and this helps you to achieve your maximum growth rate per month. Oils also add shine and strength to your hair. I have a thread in the Hair growth section which I have listed a lot of good information about different types of oils and their benefits look up "Oiling your scalp daily" if you have not seen it already.

So you say your are on a budget? If you need further help I create hair regimen budgets for people on a budget or those who want to go all out. I  customize it based on your needs. Actually most of the stuff I use is not expensive and most of the items I listed, besides the steamer, you can purchase for less than $50. Keep in mind that these items do not have to be purchased every month, I use stuff that last me at least 3 months or more. The thing I purchase  more than twice a year is olive oil and coconut oil because I use them daily for my hair, cooking and my body. Also because they do have a shorter shelf life. Natural products need to be used and not stored for long periods.

If you need anymore help, feel free to inbox me anytime. Big smile
RedAdmiral101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedAdmiral101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 2:08pm
My staples

•safflower & castor oil mixed together (50:50 ratio)
•crisco-can not live without this!!!
•black soap-I make my own shampoo
•aloe vera juice-helps me with moisture retention
•Yes To Carrots body butter-a new favorite of mine
•Silkience conditioner from dollar tree (silicone free)-just the right consistency & slip

http://nappturallynessa101.blogspot.com/
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 2:17pm
Thanks again! Yeah I hope I can use all the oils I bought before they go bad. I think I'll be freezing them if that helps. At least I got that out of the way. Pretty soon I can work on moisture, protein, styling tool, etc.

I just hate the way my hair feels right now even though it's growing. I'm so eager to treat it right and find the right balance. I want soft hair that shines just like the youtubers. Cry

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 2:42pm

Thanks again! Yeah I hope I can use all the oils I bought before they go bad. I think I'll be freezing them if that helps. At least I got that out of the way. Pretty soon I can work on moisture, protein, styling tool, etc.

I just hate the way my hair feels right now even though it's growing. I'm so eager to treat it right and find the right balance. I want soft hair that shines just like the youtubers. Cry

And that hair can be yours also. It starts with a good cleansing routine and great deep conditioning. On a weekly basis, styling products work best on clean hair. The same as with applying makeup to a clean face. The cantu shea butter leave in conditioner will make your hair soft, but it will build up if you are not washing your hair weekly. I alternate b/n Cantu shea butter leave in, afro stretch creme and shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie for my leave in and  styling. Out of all you need good moisture products because moisturized hair creates the best styles.
tmrockville View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmrockville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 3:02pm
I'm a PJ so it's hard for me to narrow down but I would say I can't do without:
Peppermint oil
Steamer
Shea Moisture (shampoos and deep conditioners)
QB detangling ghee
Henna
Coconut oil
Rhassoul clay

My hair is prone to dryness and breakage and these seem to help a lot.

Edited by tmrockville - Dec 28 2012 at 10:43pm
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

You are welcomed Sweetnovember!

@redSoxtober I love me some coconut oil, and I have a good one, BUUUT I am looking the one you posted up and order it next when I run out. I like to try different ones, although the one you list is not cold pressed, they do use medium heat. But I like to try different ones. Thanks!

This is the brand I am using right now, I picked it up at Marshalls for 9.99, I think.

Also the shower detangling comb by CONAIR is a good investment if you cannot purchase a seamless comb right away. This is not advertised as seamless but the one I purchased is, I checked it and it has not seam lines. This is a good comb to have and it is very inexpensive. 1.69 on Amazon and 3.99 in Walmart or CVS.

The VCO I postsed is the Whole Foods brand. It's a 14oz jaor for about $7. I also have that shower comb. It's not seamless, but it works fairly well.
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2012 at 4:14pm
My conair comb like this has no seams. Got it from CVS. I think for 3.89 give or take. I finger comb though, I rarely use a comb or brush.
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 29 2012 at 9:24pm

A few more. WATER, EXCERCISE,  DIET. These are the big three for keeping your hair and overall health in top shape.  No amount of growth aids, oils and condtioners will help if you don't take care of yourself from the inside out.

SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 2:50am
I went to Walmart tonight and bought some conditioners I've seen recommended online by natural hair gurus--Hello Hydration, Tresemme Naturals, and Pantene Relaxed and Natural. I got the Cantu Grow Strong, some ACV, and Crisco. I also got some sulfate free shampoo. I can't wait to use it. My hair is never soft. It's always grown well but it's always dry and stiff unless I do a roller set or flat iron.

Some of the things I had on my list including some recommendations from this thread weren't at Walmart so I'll have to get them from my BSS or online.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>