FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Natural Hair Relaxers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
soyini53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soyini53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2011 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by choclatey77 choclatey77 wrote:

I tried the coconut milk and lime, it did nothing for me.
I can't imagine coconut and lime straightening my hair.
Sponsored Links

lilbit65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilbit65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2011 at 8:11pm
I tried to Olive oil treatment, it make my hair shiney, bouncy and light, i dont think
anything can ever straigten this chaka khan hair of mine.
magicallyfab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magicallyfab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2011 at 7:53pm
interesting...interesting!
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2011 at 12:05am
Henna was the only thing that actually did alter my texture - and not a huge altering but enough that I can tell that my texture has relaxed just a bit. But like someone else mentioned - it took about 5 henna apps over a period of time for me to notice the difference. 
BestHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BestHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2012 at 5:04am
Anything that contains acetic acid is going to relax the curl a bit. Think of apple cider vinegar.Natural soda ash is very alkaline and some natural hair relaxer products are based on that.

http://www.besthairrelaxer.net/categoryatural-hair-relaxers-review/ - Natural Hair Relaxers
myoic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myoic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 8:27am
I'm going to try the lime and coconut as a DC.
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2012 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by soyini53 soyini53 wrote:

Originally posted by choclatey77 choclatey77 wrote:

I tried the coconut milk and lime, it did nothing for me.
I can't imagine coconut and lime straightening my hair.

LOL, it won't straighten your hair. Even chemical relaxers shouldn't be applied until your hair is bone straight...they're just meant to relax the curl.
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2012 at 3:27pm
I tried the coconut and lime method about a year and a half ago. The first time I tried it, it didn't do anything to relax my hair, it simply moisturized it...I think because I only left in on for an hour.

I tried it again the following week, leaving it on overnight and it definitely relaxed my curl. I did it in conjunction with a steam treatment and I noticed a looser curl pattern.
NaturalNessa20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaturalNessa20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2012 at 10:36pm

I never tried this, but I am going to have to try this! For anyone who has tried this, did it work for you?

tiarra_monet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiarra_monet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:46pm
I just don't have time for all the mixing and buying etc. if you ladies find a natural relaxer already prepared let me know
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic