FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Natural Hair Relaxers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Natural Hair Relaxers
    Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 10:04am
i saw this article and thought it might be a better alternative for some of you:

Natural Hair Relaxer

Here are some best natural hair relaxer recipes. Using these will help you have less curly, soft and most importantly, manageable hair.

Relaxers are the creams or lotions that are used to loosen the curls and make them more manageable and less frizzy. These process the hair proteins, making the curly hair, less curly or straight. While there are various chemical relaxers available in best brands, you might like to opt for a natural one. The chemical hair relaxers can have serious side-effects and damage your hair. Opting natural hair relaxers for curly hair is always a smart choice as these are complete safe on your locks. So let's move on to know more about some of the best natural hair relaxers. Read more on hair care products.

Natural Hair Relaxer Recipes

Natural Hair Relaxer #1: Olive Oil
Olive oil is one of the best ingredients for your hair. To make a hair relaxer recipe, take ¼ cup of olive oil and heat it till it is warm. Now remove it from heat and start applying it over your hair. Make sure you cover your entire mane and length of hair. Now take a warm towel and wrap it over your hair. Apply heat to the towel using a blow dryer for about 5-10 minutes. Wait for 1-2 hours and then wash off your hair as usual.

Natural Hair Relaxer #2: Coconut Cream
Coconut cream is another classic ingredient that works best for hair care. It is a popular natural hair relaxer. Take 4 tbsp coconut cream, 2 tbsp of coconut oil and 12 oz of fat free yogurt (no sugar added) to make the relaxer. Start by melting coconut cream and coconut oil in a double boiler. Now apply it thoroughly, from roots to tips. Wash off after an hour.

Natural Hair Relaxer #3: Milk
Milk is also popularly used as a natural hair relaxer. You'll need a small spray bottle for this. Pour a cup of milk into this spray bottle. Now squirt it over your hair, make sure all your locks are covered with milk. Wash off your hair after 1 hour to have relaxed hair.

Natural Hair Relaxer #4: Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter acts as an effective moisturizer, by making them soft and loosening the curls. You can buy cocoa butter from a supermarket and apply it directly over your bangs. Make sure you apply a thick layer of the same on your hair. Finish by wrapping a damp, hot towel over your hair for bout 1-2 hours.

Natural Hair Relaxer #5: Lemon
Lemon works the best on hair by relaxing them and giving it a lustrous appearance. Take 1/2 cup lemon juice, add 2 tsp of honey and 3-4 cups of warm water to it. Mix well and apply this mixture on your hair thoroughly. Wash off as usual only after 2 hours and see the difference.

Natural Hair Relaxer #6: Honey
Honey is one of the effective natural relaxers for black hair. You will need 1 cup of honey, 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1/2 cup of lemon juice and 1/2 cup caramel. Mix these ingredients very thoroughly in a bowl. Apply it properly on your hair and wash off after 1/2 hour. This is one of the best natural hair relaxers for black hair.

Read more on: You can choose one of the aforementioned natural hair relaxers and add them in your hair care routine to have soft and manageable locks. These might give you slow results but are anytime better than the chemical hair relaxers.

By Mamta Mule
Published: 2/2/2010

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/natural-hair-relaxer.html
Sponsored Links

tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2011 at 10:57am

coconut milk and lime hair relaxer recipes

ThirstyRoots | Feb 23, 2010 | Comments 2

coconut milk and lime hair relaxer recipes 1

Using coconut milk and lime hair relaxer recipes is said to be a natural way of relaxing your hair. Creating relaxer recipes with coconut milk and lime is interesting.  Many black women want to straighten their hair at one point or another in their lives.  Sometimes it is the grass is greener syndrome – you just want to know what it would be like to have straight hair for once.  However, a lot of women are turning to hair relaxers as a way to take some of the kinky out of their hair and make it just a little wavier and a little bit softer.  If this sounds like you, there might be an alternate to chemicals to make your hair softer.  Maybe you should think about natural ways to relax your hair.  One of the ways is possibly by harnessing the power of nature through  coconut milk and lime relaxer recipes.

coconut milk and lime hair relaxer recipes 2This method of hair relaxing has actually been used by women throughout Asia for centuries.  It is all natural and should leave your hair softer and silkier than before.  There are two basic methods that you can try; one is a little easier but the other produces less waste and may have better results.  For the first method all you have to do is mix the juice of a lime with about half a cup of coconut milk.  Let the solution sit for a few hours until a foam forms on top of the bowl.  Scoop off that foam and apply it to your hair.  Leave it sit for a few hours and then wash your hair.  The problem with this method is you end up wasting a lot of milk and lime.  Also, the mixture you do apply to your head can break down, run off your hair, and not be as effective.

coconut milk and lime hair relaxer recipes 3

A better way is to add your lime and coconut milk to a little bit of olive oil and a spoon or two of cornstarch.  Whisk all these ingredients together over a low heat until they form the consistency of a conditioner that you might find in a store.  This ensures that it will stay on your head better.  The olive oil also helps to keep your hair hydrated.  Then wrap your hair up in a plastic shower cap for a few hours.  Again, shampoo and moisturize as normal.  These coconut milk and lime hair relaxed recipes are good ways for you to naturally relax your hair.

You might also like:
choclatey77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote choclatey77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 04 2011 at 12:34pm
I tried the coconut milk and lime, it did nothing for me.
AllyOrNotAlly View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllyOrNotAlly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2011 at 8:34pm
Those limes look soo good
O0obubbleeO0o View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O0obubbleeO0o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2011 at 6:51pm
BUMP. 
Has anyone tried these methods?
au_naturel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote au_naturel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 15 2011 at 6:53pm
there's at least one person on youtube who has a video up on the coconut and lime method.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2011 at 2:17pm
so i guess i sorta did my own version of thisTongue well at least the cheap, i refuse to buy one more damn thing for my hair, kinda wayLOL.  i just mixed yogurt with my dc  (roots of nature reconstructing deep treatment) and oil, applied it to my new growth and wore a conditioning cap for 2 hours.  rinsed it out, shampooed lightly, and cowashed.  my hair looked pretty much the way it always does so i didnt expect much but to my surprise it was really soft and easy to detangle. 
i then moisturized my hair with coco butter,curl activator and aloe mixture, i made months ago and styled.
its nothing like a texturizer but its a good detangler and im pleased with the results.

vkb247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote vkb247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2011 at 8:26pm
All of these are treatments that may make a temporary decision but aren't quite like texlaxing/texturizing. The only treatments that I know of that several people say have changed their hair are:

The first two should be used with caution and I advise you to research them first because the jury is out on how healthy they are for your hair.

1. Mixing Baking Soda with Conditioner and Leaving it in for an hour or so
2. The Cherry Lola (Baking Soda, Braggs's Amino Acids, and conditioner recipe)
3. Henna (doesn't change most people's hair significantly and even if does change it is after many repeated applications)

lexie636 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexie636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2011 at 8:01pm
Any proven method?
lexie636 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lexie636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2011 at 8:01pm
[QUOTE=AllyOrNotAlly]Those limes look soo good [/QUOTE
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL]
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic