Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedNatural Hair Ladies, Is she speaking...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
mediagirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 4:40am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

Recruiting propaganda LOLLOLLOL

Attracted to and stay with are twoooo separate things and no man is going to stay with you depending on your hair, I mean would anyone want their relationship to be based on hair, I mean like seriously?

It really sounds like one of those propaganda videos! LOL
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 5:07am
Originally posted by yourleoqueen yourleoqueen wrote:

Originally posted by cutejawjapeach cutejawjapeach wrote:

...the truth?

She says she is speaking for herself but she does make some generalizations...

If she is telling the truth in your opinion, do you think  all single AA women should go natural to find that "real, deep" brotha who has real swag ?..

Hurts me to have to do this, cuz I love her MU vids, butteruh........

That's exactly what i was thinking.  I don't even have to watch the vid, I know who your talking about.    I will say natural hair attracts of different type of man...but not all men with locs have swag and smarts.

I understand what she's saying cause when I used wear a caesar cut I pulled natural type men but I also pulled white guys.  *shruggs*  The type of energy (and look) u put out there makes a difference.  When u wear your hair natural u tend to play it up by wearing more "ethnic" clothing.  Maybe not intentionally but for the most part...IMO of course.

Edited by newdiva1 - Apr 13 2009 at 5:09am
morning_glory View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 5:42am
Different men have different tastes. You have assholes who like long relaxed hair and assholes who like "natural hair".

And this woman should know that there are always exceptions to each "rule". I'm 100% natural (textured, I do color my hair) but I don't have the kind of "natural hair" she is talking about. So where does that leave me? Am I never going to be able to attract a quality man because my hair isn't as curly as hers even though it's natural? Please.

My hair attracts more women than men though..so IDK.

truequeen06 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 6:09am
I guess she means natural hair attracts the coffee shop / spoken word type brothas, but let me tell you, they can be just as trifflin' as the rest.
SpicyBrown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 6:30am
You're welcome Cutejawjapeach, great thread topic!
dynamite23 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 6:45am
uh huh, sure she's rightErmm
divalane25 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 7:17am
her MU is soooo pretty....but i dont know what the hell she's talking about. NO i know what she's trying to do buterummmmmmm still NO, that's way too much generalizing for my taste.

*thinks twice about my SO who loves my natural hair, hates relaxed hair and actually is a lot like the guy she's describing lol*

Edited by divalane25 - Apr 13 2009 at 7:18am
Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 7:37am

She needs to knock it off.

I attrack all types of guys daily.  From the professional, to the frukkin loser, clown jerk. It doesn't matter how im wearing my hair that day- Natural or lace wig.  I foredamned sure wont retire my wigs to find me a man.
lilchocolatema View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 8:44am
Hey everyone, it's Erin from Scandalousbeauty/Naturallyscandalous. I haven't even been here in years, but one of my subscribers thought I should check this thread out...

As I said in the vid, it's just the differences in the brothas that I attract.  I have found a big difference since I was a permie.  I didn't say these guys are going to be the best men in the world, you can take them home to mama, won't try to just sleep with you, won't be assholes in the end...but they are just very different.  One of these guys even sexually assaulted me..but he was one of the coolest, funkiest, guys I had ever met, til I had to kick his ass.  I've also met really great guys as a permie,one of whom I dated for 5 years, and he hated my natural hair. But, they just weren't the same as those I've met over the past two+ years.

So all in all, I don't regret what I am saying.  I still meet guys that ask, oh are you going to straighten your hair?  It would be beautiful that way.  I'm currently working on my locs, so no straightening anytime soon.  I may relax in the years to come, who is to say?  My point is, as a natural, there are a different type of guy (IMO) that are attracted to you because of your hair. 

I may or may not lose subscribers over this, or whatever, and that's fine. That's why the vid is on Naturally Scandalous, my natural hair channel.  It's not on Scandalous Beauty, my makeup channel.  It's MY opinion and I'm not changing it.  Thanks for watching ladies.
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 13 2009 at 8:54am
I think I have to agree with you^^^
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic