FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Natural Hair Colour

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
laabellavidaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laabellavidaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Natural Hair Colour
    Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:44pm
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some hair advice on how to get my natural hair colour back. My natural hair is dark brown, but I have colored and bleach my hair several times to get blonde highlights and then changed it to caramel brown. I just want to get back my natural color back so I don't have to always be buying hair color every month. I have died my hair 3-4 times my natural dark brown color even almost black shades  to get it back to dark, but after a few weeks of shampoos it begins to lighten up again to a golden brown with red tones. I have done some research online about using hair color removers but I have heard they are very damaging and not sure if they would do what I want. I am planning to try out a very popular hair color removal method online, which is basically a mixture of vitamin c tablets, shampoo and dish soap. It's known to be less harmful to your hair but I am not sure if it will help me achieve the results I want. I may give it a try a few times and then try to color my hair again my natural color. Can someone please give me some advice on what I should do and or what they think will work best. Open to all ideas. Thank you.

Sponsored Links

RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 7:17am
Doing a Vitamin C color removal will only make matters worse. This sounds like your hair is severely damaged, and is in serious need of protein. Fragile, over processed, highly porous hair tends to soak up color quickly but, cannot hold the color molecules. Here are a few recommendations. 

1; Invest in a sulfate free shampoo, and shampoo less often. Shampoo using lukewarm water,once a week, at the most. It should help the color fade less.  

2;   Use a strong protein treatment, like ApHogee 2 step, immediately before (not after) dyeing. This will help in achieving even color results.  

3; When choosing a type of dye,  drug store box dyes are a no-no; go to the beauty supply shop. Look for dark brown hair dyes with an "N" or neutral/natural base, and use a 10 volume developer (Wella, Clairol, Ion Color Brilliance, all have these labels) ....unless it needs a special developer ( like Clairol Colorgloss), or no developer at all.

4: Never shampoo immediately after coloring. Rinse well with  lukewarm water,  use a deep moisturizing conditioner, and rise with cool water.                   

5:Keep your hair well moisturized, minimize heat styling, sun damage. Dry hair results in faster color fade. 
sumitahuja312 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sumitahuja312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 25 2014 at 6:38am
If you used a permanent dye than you must have to wait for to grow your hair again. ot you can wash ur hair with laundry detergent.
Now, allot of people here use mixtures of herbs like henna, indigo, and amla which color and benefit the hair, but it is extremely tricky to get a specific color like your own natural blond.       
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic