Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Natural hair but a relaxed state of mind?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 11 Votes, Average 1.73  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
journeytolong View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote journeytolong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Bunnybanx Bunnybanx wrote:

I'm glad I strayed from the "natural community" online unity my a$$, there's always some kind of drama so much time wasted that could have been spent helping each other. And if your texlaxed what's the point of going so hard defining what "Real" "Natural" hair is

I was feeling like that too. Everyone community I went to online it seemed like the women wanted to bash eachother and argue over the smallest things instead of uplift ALL naturals and ever relaxed women. I say relaxed women because for me the natural hir journey is about embracing yourself and what God has given you and also accepting others decisions along with that even if they disagree.
 I found a fb page where its nothing but positive and uplifting information for naturals, advice and healthy living. Its actually active too. So don't feel that way. Its not like that everywhere. Just  couple of bad eggs ruining it for the good ones.
Sponsored Links

SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by journeytolong journeytolong wrote:

I'm glad I strayed from the "natural community" online unity my a$$, there's always some kind of drama so much time wasted that could have been spent helping each other. And if your texlaxed what's the point of going so hard defining what "Real" "Natural" hair is

I was feeling like that too. Everyone community I went to online it seemed like the women wanted to bash eachother and argue over the smallest things instead of uplift ALL naturals and ever relaxed women. I say relaxed women because for me the natural hir journey is about embracing yourself and what God has given you and also accepting others decisions along with that even if they disagree.
 I found a fb page where its nothing but positive and uplifting information for naturals, advice and healthy living. Its actually active too. So don't feel that way. Its not like that everywhere. Just  couple of bad eggs ruining it for the good ones.

LoL so anyone who asks about natural hair centered hair practices is a bad egg now because someone else would rather wear blonde weave. LOL No one's going to burn your stash. Calm down.
journeytolong View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote journeytolong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Originally posted by journeytolong journeytolong wrote:

LoL so anyone who asks about natural hair centered hair practices is a bad egg now because someone else would rather wear blonde weave. LOL No one's going to burn your stash. Calm down.

No I wasn't saying that at all. I didnt read all of the comments made. I was just referring to the people who look at the negatives rather than the positives of hair and people's choices.
littlebabybug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote littlebabybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2013 at 7:25am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

your hair won't act the same as hair that is not colored bc it has a chemical process.  that's like someone who is texlaxed saying my hair looks and acts the same as someone with 3b hair so i am natural too.

idk if i'd agree with your statement to that extent. that's reaching, but i'd argue for what one of the previous posters said, which is that it's all a matter of perception. if you merely want to group all chemically altered hair under the wide umbrella of 'non natural' then that's your prerogative but if we're merely arguing about what natural means generally when you say it to most black women/men on the street, most are going to tell you it simply means hair that is relaxer free. 

then you have the sects that'll include texturizers.
then you'll have those that throw in heat trainers...
then you'll have those that'll toss up hair-dyers..
and baking soda users...
and twistouters and braidouters...etc. 

and then you see how this quickly devolves into something totally laughable.

and speaking as one who has dyed and bleached her hair plenty before, i can promise you that so long as you're not outright bleaching your hair, the only change you're going to be apt to note about your hair post dye is possibly that it'll feel drier. bleaching carries the potential of texturizing, though only mildly so. but basic dyes don't pose this threat to the same extent. i for one didn't notice any change in texture that altered it on the scale of your analogy. for this reason i'd hardly compare dying one's hair to texturizing/relaxing, as these are two completely different chemical processes both in the end result as well as the means by which they alter the hair. 
afrosista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrosista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 11:01am
I seriously love this post! I have been walking around for the pat week with this exact thought in my head. Too many people are natural but still have the relaxed state of mind
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 11:41am
I do find it a little weird when girls are measuring their hair straight or stretched, should it be in it's curly, kinky, or coily state. I mean that is it in it's true length, since their hair is not naturally straight?
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 14 2013 at 12:11pm
Its not really weird......everyone has a different curl speed which means their shrinkage is different....for comparison purposes to measure on a level field it makes sense to straighten it.......and if your chasing length you would want all of your inches......
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 3:02pm
 I totally forgot about this thread.LOL  
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 8:19pm
why in the gotdamn hell am i in the natural care section?!
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 10:19am
I'm having this relaxed state of mind lately. My hair seems to have changed and my twist outs don't look as good any more. I can't do high buns because of my edges. It looks bad. I'm gonna cover it up with a weave while leaving the edges out for a while until I figure out what to do with my natural hair. I used to be so happy with my natural but lately I've been dissatisfied. Relaxing is still out of the question though because of my edges.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728